Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Old October 19th, 2021, 11:18 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: VCheese 3 - ROUND 3

I got the win v. Sir Heroscape's DC / Kuthnak build.

I had to play very conservatively because DCs could have been in my SZ literally any turn of the game (including before my OM 1 of round 1) due to the combination of Battle Rush + Valda + Boiling Blood. So I was never going to be able to move Raelin up without her getting massacred, so I put her 1 spot back into my SZ and had the entire front row filled with rats so no DCs could hit important stuff.

Sir H. spent one turn moving Kuthnak up before switching to 100% DCs. I spent 2 OMs developing rats, creating a line stretching from my SZ over the 3-height spots on the left, planning to make a screen where Q9 could move up onto the level 2 safely and be able to hit the Valda glyph with his SA.

Sir H. forced me to keep my Q9 further back though due to aggressive MBS placing. MBS quickly galloped the field and did a wound to Q9 via a 2/4 -> 1/9 roll on his first shot. I was able to get 2 rats next to MBS before DCs screened him off, forcing Sir H. to kill those 2 rats before moving back to hitting Q9, which took him 2 turns. I was able to get 1 more rat adjacent to MBS during those 2 turns, but Q9 only did 1 wound over 6 attacks of 3 v 4. MBS then took an LEA (which hit) from the last rat to move onto a 5 defense space and hit Q9 again, but he blocked the 2/4 -> 4/9. Q9 then finally moved up onto the protected 2-height space and finished off MBS via a 3/3 -> 2/5.

That left Sir H. with no ranged figures, so I kept Q9 behind the rat wall and started shooting at DCs. With no other option, the DCs started attacking my Raelin-backed rat wall but couldn't kill anything through the 6 defense. After Q9 had killed 5 total DCs (and I had lost no new rats, just 3 I lost during the MBS skirmish earlier) Sir H. conceded with 10 DCs, Nerak, Kuthnak, Marcu, & Isamu but no viable path to breaking through my rat wall. I had Q9 (3 life), Raelin, 13 rats, & 4 MWs left all in Raelin's aura in the bottom-left corner.

gg Sir H., rough matchup for the DCs, especially once MBS lost the ranged battle.
Old October 20th, 2021, 11:03 AM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

The Semifinals are on High Ways or the Highway (Jungle Edition).

The vegietarian18 v. Chris Perkins pool of armies is:
* Brute Gruts, Isamu, Major Q9, Marro Warriors, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV], Rygarn
* Major Q9, Marro Warriors, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV], Deathreaversx4
Chris Perkins chooses who places first.
Old October 22nd, 2021, 07:06 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post

The vegietarian18 v. Chris Perkins pool of armies is:
* Brute Gruts, Isamu, Major Q9, Marro Warriors, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV], Rygarn
* Major Q9, Marro Warriors, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV], Deathreaversx4
Chris Perkins chooses who places first.
Starting in ~ 30 minutes (7:30 Eastern)
Old October 22nd, 2021, 09:58 PM

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth
Re: VCheese 3 - quarterfinals/semifinals

I won the Q9 mirror over Chris Perkins and exorcised the ghosts of 2010.

Early placement heavily shaped this game. The board had split startzones. Chris Perkins placed first, and took southeast side of the map that could more easily contest and hold Ulaniva, and in response, I took the northwest side that could more easily contest and hold Wannok. Because my army had less figures in it, I could fit all of my army (besides Isamu) in the northwest, while Chris Perkins had his important pieces in the southeast but had to spread out some Marros and lots of Rats into the southwest.

Round 1 I developed Brute Gruts up the Western hill, and then went straight Q9 for many many turns. Chris Perkins had his OM2 on Raelin, and my Q9 first turn was dropping two wounds on her as he climbed the hill. The rest of Chris's turns were Rats, who ran out of Raelin's aura to catch Q9 and protect the kyrie, along with taking Unique Attack. Q9 sat in his hill spot patiently and ground his way through the Rats. Chris tried to work in a few Q9 turns, taking advantage of the Unique Attack glyph I had ceded him, and he did some work on my Q9 shooting 5v9 across the hills from 8 range. I flexed a turn on to Brute Gruts to throw some big Bully attacks on Rats and put the Wannok clock on. End result of these few rounds was most of Chris's Rats and Raelin dying, my Q9 sitting at two wounds, and me losing a Brute Grut threatening an aggressive attack on Raelin.

At this point, I tried to retreat my Q9 behind the ruin, to do some work on the the startzone Marro Warriors and keep him safe, but he was quickly threatened by Chris's Q9 who left his perch. My Q9 tried to climb back up the hill, hit Chris's Q9 for 2 wounds with a 5v7, but then was gunned down in return with a 6v10, and I lost a turn as I had already flexed my OM1. I had to put my faith in the Marro Warriors. Luckily, my very first shot with them killed the other Q9 3v8, so that drastically simplified things. Chris's Marro Warriors were scary at first, as they started out with Unique Attack, but Chris had to kill the glyph Rat to Wannok as his troops were running out. Water clone on this board is possible, but it's a very dangerous place to go. My Raelin backed Marros held on long enough to Wannok Chris's last Marro for the win. Good game.

Last edited by vegietarian18; October 22nd, 2021 at 10:34 PM.
Old October 28th, 2021, 01:13 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Last Semi

The infectedsloth v. Dysole pool of armies is:
* Grimnak, Kuthnak, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV], Blade Grutsx5
* Laglor, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV], Deathreaversx3, Microcorp Troopersx2
infectedsloth chooses who places first.

This should be happening tomorrow evening around 6 Pacific.

EDIT: Both sloth and I have to push it back to about 6:30 Pacific

~Dysole, ready to see if the monkey can carry me to a 3rd victory

Last edited by Dysole; October 28th, 2021 at 08:56 PM.
Old October 29th, 2021, 12:52 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I got the win over Dysole.

What is the treasure glyphs pool for the finals, and is there a trap?
Old October 29th, 2021, 12:13 PM
I'm Feeling Inspired To Play Some Gladiators

BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker

Super curious how this finals match will go. Infectedsloth and I brought the exact same army and Vegie's Q9 tore them to pieces. Good luck to you both!!!
Old October 29th, 2021, 01:08 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodaciousBlood View Post
Super curious how this finals match will go. Infectedsloth and I brought the exact same army and Vegie's Q9 tore them to pieces. Good luck to you both!!!
Same...cause I brought a similar army, (but with a little dice to throw) and some range...and I got roasted by CP's Q9 as well.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old October 29th, 2021, 03:03 PM

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Wouldn't Underestimate

I wouldn't underestimate IS nor his build. While my game was a hilarious absurdity of everything that could go wrong for me did, he played it exceptionally well and I think he could pull it off. vegie's army is definitely an atypical build so it's less clear how to play against it at this point and I like what it's trying to do but the finals map I think is one that IS prefers. I think I expect IS to win but both are excellent players and neither outcome would surprise me.

~Dysole, launching the finals game in soon
Old October 29th, 2021, 03:25 PM

Finals Countdown

The Finals are on Vault of the Lava Stone.

The infectedsloth v. vegietarian18 pool of armies is:

15 Repulsors Under
After the Common Era

~Dysole, looking forward to the resolution
Old November 2nd, 2021, 11:19 AM

Re: Finals Countdown

The Finals are on Vault of the Lava Stone.

The infectedsloth v. vegietarian18 pool of armies is:

15 Repulsors Under
After the Common Era

Finals going down Thursday at 8pm Central.
Old November 5th, 2021, 12:36 AM

Re: VCheese 3 - Championship

My commonless army takes home the VCheese crown. I defeated infectedsloth's Blades and avenged my loss to him in the 2019 Gencon Championship.

It was a very back and forth game. I opened with a small deployment of Isamu to the center road of the board, threatening a Dishonorable attack on IS's Raelin and serving as a blocker for my Q9. Then I went straight Q9 and launched pings as IS rolled up his forces. Isamu's role as a blocker was huge, as he gave Q9 one more safe space to work with, and with that extra space he found a couple kills on Blades and a couple wounds on Grimnak with max range attacks from 8 spaces away.

At the end of Round 2, already facing pressure, IS deployed his Raelin deep, on to lava. I opened the next round Queglixing her up to four wounds, and then the Blades got into me, after Grimnak Chomped Isamu to take out my blocker. Q9 took one wound from IS's first volley of attacks, and I disengaged him to launch more shots at Raelin to try to finish her off. I got her, but Q9 took another wound from the LEA. The next turn, Grimnak charged my startzone and in two Chomps my Raelin went down a T-Rex throat. Q9 fell shortly after. My Brute Gruts cleaned out Grimnak and his accompanying Blades, but there were still about 11 Blades and Kuthnak to go, facing down my Brutes/Marros/Rygarn.

Here the game got a little weird. We were both operating with severely reduced firepower: no Q9 for me, no Grimnak for him, and no Raelins for either of us. The Blades could get melted by Brute Gruts, but they could throw pretty lethal pings with Boiling Blood, but that would cost them their life. I had Marro Warriors to throw ranged attacks and put pressure. It was mostly a dice game though, and my dice held out. My last Brute Grut got a huge Berserk off that killed a Blade and a 2-life Kuthnak, and that gave Rygarn a winnable endgame, against four Blades. He hit his first Temporal Jump and that basically sealed it, as Rygarn took the high ground and was able to dart around. Good game IS.

This army was really fun to play and I'm very glad I was able to get the tournament win with it. I'll probably write up a longer post about it somewhere else but Rygarn was an incredible facilitator, and the Brute Gruts were great as a cheap alternative to Fen Hydra. I think the VCheese meta is really exciting, that fresh armies like this are able to compete, and I'm already thinking of ideas for the next one.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events