Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old September 21st, 2021, 02:28 AM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Death Mask (Public Testing)

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Death Mask

Army Test 1
Map: Conflict Chernobyl
Units:
Deathmask(500), Clock King(90), Sandman(210), Kitana(185), Doc Ock I(215) (1200)
vs.
Luke Cage(190), Iron Fist(260), Cap(220), Moon Knight(150), Ronin(180), Daredevil II(200) (1200)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2
Units:
Deathmask(500), Rhino(220), Lady Deathstrike(240), Parasite(240) (1200)
vs.
Wasp(160), She-Hulk(370), Wolverine(270), Spider-Woman(250), Moon Knight(150) (1200)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY:
500 feels too low still. Rather than shooting his points higher and higher, I'd recommend removing the blanks from the healing option. Let blanks be nothing. That alone would have been enough to keep him reasonable, IMO. As-is, there's never a reason not to use the power anytime he has 2+ wounds as it's 100% gain unless he's unable to move and not adjacent to anyone. Another option would be not allowing him to move or attack in order to use it. Couldn't really go wrong with both tweaks, but I'd say removing the blanks is the more important one to feel like you have more of a chance going up against him.

Balancing aside, he's definitely fun and ruthless. Not sure if it matters, as he's his own leader, but should he maybe be an Event Hero just to avoid any boosting strategies or synergies using him to some degree?
Old September 21st, 2021, 09:45 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I'm cool with those tweaks.
Old September 21st, 2021, 12:00 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Went ahead and updated the SP with the suggested BAMN tweaks - personally I'm not 100% sold on him as an Event Hero. We can go for it if I'm on an island there, but I do have a preference for Unique.
Old September 21st, 2021, 12:12 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

No real preference on the Event vs. Unique, just was curious.
Old September 21st, 2021, 12:51 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

no preference there either.

I like the changes as well.

EDIT: actually Event Hero does make sense the more I think about it. Put me as slight lean that way. @Dr. Jekyll what say you.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old September 21st, 2021, 10:06 PM
Forum Moderator

Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I would prefer him to be a Unique Hero. I just don't see him as an Event Hero honestly.
Old September 22nd, 2021, 01:47 AM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Death Mask

Army Test 1
Units:
Deathmask(500), Clock King(90), Sandman(210), Kitana(185), Doc Ock I(215) (1200)
vs.
Luke Cage(190), Iron Fist(260), Cap(220), Moon Knight(150), Ronin(180), Daredevil II(200) (1200)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2
Units:
Deathmask(500), Rhino(220), Lady Deathstrike(240), Parasite(240) (1200)
vs.
Wasp(160), She-Hulk(370), Wolverine(270), Spider-Woman(250), Moon Knight(150) (1200)
Spoiler Alert!

​The tweaks definitely brought him down a peg or two. He's still a decent offensive threat, but his healing wasn't as crazy, and not being able to move forced him into less than ideal positioning at times, even forcing himself to wound his allies this go around which was nice to see be a factor. I wouldn't be surprised to see him come down a bit in points now, but overall with these 2 close games, I feel he's much more tuned to the right range.
Old September 22nd, 2021, 10:13 AM
Symbiotic

Thanks Ark!
Old October 10th, 2021, 04:57 AM

Tests:
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyhandle
NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Death Mask

Map: Mountain Spring
Units:
Death Mask, Winter Soldier, Absorbing Man
Darkseid (II), Parademon x6 1,000pts

Results:
My notes got really loose after round 3, but basically, Darkseid rolled out the Parademons, who were struggling to wound Absorbing Man and Death Mask. Eventually they chipped Absorbing Man down, but not before Absorbing Man could put 2 wounds on Darkseid. Winter Soldier then started taking pot shots at Darkseid, before getting tied up with Parademons, and being killed by Darkseid. Darkseid ended up falling to a half-life Death Mask. 
Never got to use By Any Means Necessary, the bonding, and stats were solid.
Spoiler Alert!
Spoiler Alert!

Units: Death mask, Sandman, Lady Deathstrike, Absorbing Man, Winter Soldier, Stan Lee 1500pts
Trigon, Spawn, Hellboy (II), Blood Demons. 1500pts.
Results:
Trigon fell by the end of round 2 and then Death mask fell Splash’s next turn at the start of round 3.
Never got to put any targets on DM’s card, or roll an unbloackable more than once. Never used By Any Means Necessary, so once again he was more of a strong bonding unit.
It’s very possible Splash would have led with Spawn earlier in the game, but having Spawn as the Target is what made Splash decide to lead with Trigon instead, making Trigon more vulnerable than he would normally be, and going down before he could do any Demonic Reality Shifting.*
*Splash says he was happy I went with Spawn as the Target.
I totally forgot I had Stan Lee, and wished i had used him to save Death Mask.
Spoiler Alert!
Spoiler Alert!

SPLASH’s post-game thoughts:
Death Mask feels worth his points. Parademons were too weak to do much in game one, and game two I should've drafted more Blood Demons, but other than that and discounting luck I think they were relatively even games. Death Mask didn't feel too exciting as the main power was just the bonding (although the power names are funny) and we never got to see the last power come into play. I realize now the teams I drafted were counterintuitive to his first power

Map: Alkali Laki
Units:
Death Mask, Winter Soldier, Sandman, Stan Lee 1000pts
Orig X-Men
Results:
I led Sandman along the Dam-top because I didn’t want Jean throwing him off. I totally forgot to use Stan Lee (as I did in my second game with Splash), so it could possibly have been a bigger win for Death Mask. It was somewhat slow, because I was making sure to place Deathmask in spots where he could heal, and any wounds could be placed onto Destructible Objects instead of himself or his allies. 
X-Men might have done better to focus completely on one Criminal/Assassin before going for Death mask, and then try to destroy Death mask from Range.

Spoiler Alert!
Spoiler Alert!

Map: Island Plane Crash
Units:
Death Mask, Winter Soldier, Firefly, Talon 1000pts
Reed, Sue, Silver Surfer, Iceman. 1000pts
Results:
FF win. Island Plane Crash doesn’t have as much in the way of DO’s as Alkali Lake for Death Mask to avoid wounds with. I played him a little more aggressively, but probably should have been even more aggressive with Winter Soldier. Opted to use Firefly for Unblockables before Reed could tie him down, but Winter Soldier died before doing much of anything. More importantly, Surfer would have been a better Mark to start with. Talon was pretty useless, and I should have placed him adjacent to Iceman to tie him down at least. With Talon, I figured I wouldn’t mind too much if I had to put a wound onto him with Death Mask.

Spoiler Alert!
Spoiler Alert!

Seems balanced to me. There’s a lot of 500pt builds of assassins or criminals that would fill out the second half of a 1000pt army with him.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT:
Fun, straightforward character. Not hard to kill, so sometimes retreating to heal is his best option. If he's wounded, unengaged, with no surrounding Destructible Objects, he be a sitting duck.

Thankfully his bonding allows him to distract while that happens.
 It’s interesting, Take Down the Big Boys kind of means he might not get that extra life against an Army like Darkseid, where Darkseid will likely be the last to go down. In more even-life armies, there’s more choice. Death Mask was hanging on by that extra Beast-given life against Cyclops. I was pretty unlucky with my unblockables, but that’s entirely luck, and they were nice to have.
Old October 13th, 2021, 06:29 PM
Symbiotic

Results from Fresh:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFoods

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT : DEATH MASK

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map : Ravaged Road (No Glyphs)
Units :
Death Mask (500), Lady Shiva (175), Batman I (200), Typhoid Mary (120)
= 1000

VS.

Ultraman (440), Superwoman *Lois* (250), Owlman (210), Leatherface (95)
= 995

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map : Ravaged Road (No Glyphs)
Units :
Death Mask (500), Metallo (290), Lady Deathstrike (240), Tomoe Gozan (170)
= 1200

VS.

Thanos (500), Proxima Midnight (350), Gamora II (300), Wasp(50)
= 1200

Spoiler Alert!

Thoughts on the Tested Unit's Cost, Balance, and Draftability : This fella is very strong, both as a leader and a fighter. 500 points feels like it’s more than appropriate. Criminals have a pretty deep synergy pool already, but I think Death Mask works well as a final boss kind of leader.

General Thoughts on the Tested Unit : Super fun, and very threatening. You want to kill him to avoid his bonding and autowounds, but the threat of By Any Means Necessary had me scared to engage him at points. 6 Move/6 Range lets you use his attack while staying fairly safe as well

I played him against what felt like two solid but not outstanding armies, but Death Mask feels a little stronger than average after his two wins, but not to a degree to cause concern IMO. I'd also note my Criminal Mastermind Guy luck was better than average.
Old October 13th, 2021, 11:43 PM

Looks pretty good to me.
Old October 14th, 2021, 10:26 AM
Symbiotic

Yeah, I think we're in good shape, but I'll give folks* a little time to look over the results and weigh in.

*Especially @Dr. Jekyll @japes

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library