Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old May 9th, 2022, 04:56 PM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of The Darkness - Design Phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderquail View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
The problem is, there is no way to fully test that power.
I guess the Darklings will just have to eat the points.
I'm not opposed to reworking his regen ability. I do see how not having the Darklings here might make that one challenging to gage its full utility. Could maybe go in the direction where he could siphon health from other figures on shadow near him? Or something else if the consensus that power will be problem in it's current state.
I'd say leave it as is. I believe the plan is release them together, so you can always adjust Darkness's points after test the Darklings if need be.
Old May 9th, 2022, 04:58 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Nothing wrong with the Darklings eating the points anyway. I don't think either is intended to be super playable by themselves, so it's basically one unit stretched out over two cards.

I'm still curious if there's a plan for the keyword in the first power, though?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 9th, 2022, 05:01 PM

Cinderquail knows what's in an order marker Cinderquail knows what's in an order marker Cinderquail knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericth74 View Post
I'd say leave it as is. I believe the plan is release them together, so you can always adjust Darkness's points after test the Darklings if need be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Nah, Darklings are pretty central to his character. We'll just have to test them together after Jackie is done. Looks good.

I'd link/post the Darklings draft so everyone knows how they work together.
I agree, can always tweak Jackie's power when the Darkings are getting tested if it becomes an issue. Also Darklings are listed in post #6 for anyone looking.
Old May 9th, 2022, 05:09 PM

Cinderquail knows what's in an order marker Cinderquail knows what's in an order marker Cinderquail knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Nothing wrong with the Darklings eating the points anyway. I don't think either is intended to be super playable by themselves, so it's basically one unit stretched out over two cards.

I'm still curious if there's a plan for the keyword in the first power, though?
Are you referring to the Artifact Bearer power? If so the plan is to giving each future character in the faction an Artifact Bearer power. Some having powers that can interact with other Artifact Bearers.
Old May 9th, 2022, 05:52 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
I'm not opposed to reworking his regen ability. I do see how not having the Darklings here might make that one challenging to gage its full utility. Could maybe go in the direction where he could siphon health from other figures on shadow near him? Or something else if the consensus that power will be problem in it's current state.
Fwiw, removed from any thematic discussion, this sounds like a really cool power/effect.

I still have the survivability concerns I mentioned in the PDW. The healing + the D20 dodge feels like it’ll be frustrating for the opponent in practice, and I feel like the Darklings should be a little more involved than being meat shields?
Old May 9th, 2022, 05:56 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Fwiw, removed from any thematic discussion, this sounds like a really cool power/effect.

I still have the survivability concerns I mentioned in the PDW. The healing + the D20 dodge feels like it’ll be frustrating for the opponent in practice, and I feel like the Darklings should be a little more involved than being meat shields?
Darklings are pretty meatshield-y thematically. Another option to tie them together is to make the "unleash the darkness" unblockables allow you to choose figures adjacent to Darklings as well. That's an angle I was exploring on my original writeup, then they're both offensive and defensive tools.
Old May 9th, 2022, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Darklings are pretty meatshield-y thematically. Another option to tie them together is to make the "unleash the darkness" unblockables allow you to choose figures adjacent to Darklings as well. That's an angle I was exploring on my original writeup, then they're both offensive and defensive tools.
Darklings being used for Unleash the Darkness sounds cool to me. Solves the issue of not being able to move shadow, so I would be all for going that direction. As for the siphoning health from other figures on shadow, it does sound super cool and still is kinda in theme. But I do like the synergy between the Darkness and Darklings. When it comes to the Darklings blocking attacks I really do see where your coming from there. But I think thats something to address when we work on the Darklings.
Old May 9th, 2022, 06:54 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

If you add Darklings to UtD, you then have two powers that cannot be tested.
Old May 9th, 2022, 07:07 PM

Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Could always do something similar to the Animated Vines, where the Darklings are considered a shadow tile for other special powers that refer to shadow tiles. Or spaces adjacent to them are considered shadow tiles for special powers on other figures you control.
Old May 9th, 2022, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinderella View Post
Could always do something similar to the Animated Vines, where the Darklings are considered a shadow tile for other special powers that refer to shadow tiles. Or spaces adjacent to them are considered shadow tiles for special powers on other figures you control.
I'm a fan of this idea. Gives the Darklings the offensive utility without adding another tie in power on The Darkness.
Old May 9th, 2022, 08:45 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

You can just tie all the powers here to shadow spaces then which would be cool.
Old May 10th, 2022, 09:37 AM

Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Here's a couple of ideas for what that could look like:
Quote:
Whenever a special power on an Army Card refers to a shadow space or tile, it refers to the Darklings as well.

All spaces on or within one space of a Darkling are considered to be shadow spaces for any special power on an Army Card you control.
I'm not familiar with this character or the Darklings at all, so not sure if Darklings could be used as shadow spaces for other characters or if it should be kept to Darkness only. Either way I've compiled a list of characters that benefit from shadow spaces:
Alien Drone
Batman (Occult)
Batman (II)
Black Panther
Bruce Wayne
Doctor Mid-Nite
Foot Clan Ninja
Gorr
Low-Light
Master Splinter
Mirror Master (Sam Scudder)
Mole Man
Moloid
Nightwing (Chris Kent)
Obsidian
Predator
Werewolf

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library