Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library
C3G Library This area collects all the released designs. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old April 6th, 2022, 11:56 AM
Gorred the Con-petition. C3G Con Champ 2021!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Deadpool (III) - Playtesting

Could also do Unstoppable Resistance, as I did with Wolverine (Avengers). Has the benefit of it not relying on taking a turn just to heal. From the logic of not liking it being a choice, it's also a bit weird to tie it to when they take a turn.
Old April 6th, 2022, 12:21 PM

Ericth74 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Ericth74 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Ericth74 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Ericth74 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Ericth74 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Ericth74 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Ericth74 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Ericth74 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
Could also do Unstoppable Resistance, as I did with Wolverine (Avengers). Has the benefit of it not relying on taking a turn just to heal. From the logic of not liking it being a choice, it's also a bit weird to tie it to when they take a turn.
Also a good option
Old April 6th, 2022, 12:56 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
Personally, I don't think removing the one power he wants to use on his turn is a good idea. Also don't love stacking Unstoppable Resilience on top of the current Merc With a Mouth, if that makes sense.

Dropping the "subtract 1 skull" from MWaM and giving him UR could be interesting, but it'd be an incredibly passive design with very little incentive to take a turn.

I guess I'll reiterate that I'm struggling to see the LD's goal for the power at this point. I thought the intent was to have a sillier power to make this a slightly sillier Deadpool. Healing Factor X keeps getting suggested, and that isn't a very silly power. I guess I'm hoping to understand what the "want" is here so we can better find the solution.
Old April 6th, 2022, 01:00 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I think the first two powers are silly enough and the last one is silly in name only (which I am not a fan of) and the part of the power that makes it silly is irrelevant when playing him most of the time.
Old April 6th, 2022, 01:23 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

On my lunch, I like Unstoppable Resilience a lot for him, it will interact very well with Merc with a Mouth.
I will update with that and 5 Life, since it makes him more effective when I get home if folks think that is a good idea.

Also I know he just heals, what I was referring to is that he has been shown to be able to speed it up (for comedy usually, but this is supposed to be a more humorous design).
Old April 6th, 2022, 01:24 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Just refreshed here and seeing some new posts now.
Old April 6th, 2022, 01:30 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I do agree with MrNobody that Unstoppable Resilience should not be here because it will make the design even more passive than it already it. Plus it interacts weirdly with Merc with a Mouth which people have liked so far.
Old April 6th, 2022, 01:35 PM
Tickle Pickle

Also of note, it was decided earlier this year that all FAQs needed to be voted on by the Rules Team. You can see that decision here. I personally do not think we need an FAQ that explains what is clearly written on the card though.
Old April 6th, 2022, 06:32 PM

So taking some time and elaborating on everything.

The main idea for him has been have a Deadpool that is midway between DPI and DPII, more on there than just Wisecrack, but not so much out there stuff he isn't normally playable.

I think the first two powers should not be changed and they both capture enough of that eccentric vibe (the first that he is impatient enough to just blast everyone around and the second being the 'hit me, I'm annoying' premier DP power) that the last power can lose the funtimes appeal for more of a straightforward regeneration power. (Also this is me doing my dumb math, but 2 silly powers is exactly between 1 and 3)

The stat drop for Move and Range has been brought up as something we could drop since the start of the thread (including by me), despite being a fun idea, it has had zero impact on the games, so it can definitely go.

On each healing option:

Healing Factor X - I think I've mentioned before this power feels like more of a Mutant tie-in and I want to distance this design from that. Plus, I just want him to have something different.

Healing Factor - Deadpool's healing has been portrayed as even better than Wolverine's in many cases, but also slower at times. The initial die-rolling got that unpredictable healing in, but was deemed too unreliable or broken depending on how well it worked. I want Deadpool to at least have the potential to heal more than 1 per turn, if it's a basic healing power, hence my most recent try at figuring something out a few posts earlier. If nothing else works although neither are as potentially strong as I would like, I would prefer this to Healing Factor X simply because it differentiates from DPI.

A Unique Deadpool healing power - His healing is also unique because it is usually portrayed as better than Wolverine's and it is essentially powered by his cancer (being more recently referred to as a dying factor), I would still prefer a more unique healing power to either of these two options, especially HFX since that is the "Mutant healing" ability. But DP's should be stronger and if it is a removing wounds type power I would like it to be unique

Currently, I can't really think of anything that wouldn't be unique enough to avoid the call for potential reuse or justify having another uniquely complicated power on this card (all the playtests show he has had too much going on), I would go with this next one.

Unstoppable Resilience - I'd like to do this one, it would be a bit broken as is, but I think if we drop his Defense to 4 it would work. And then a drop in Life to 5 if he still comes in too strong.
I also agree a 300 cost Deadpool is his upper limit. The best option imo is to reduce life or actually defense. He can be pretty careless, so less defense would make sense for him.

The case for a passive design;
yes he won't be doing much on your actual turns, but think about it this way, DP has teamed up with almost as many people as Spider-Man, this is kind of a way to get him bonding level use, but as a generalist who can work in a lot of armies (which I think would be fitting) and he would be less limited by his class. I also think a passively offensive design like this also helps get across his annoyingness in the same vein that Zombie Spidey's passive offense gets across his teriffying-ness.
Old April 6th, 2022, 06:35 PM

I am getting more curious as to what a Dying Factor would look like, maybe we could brainstorm on that.

Would a poll be alright?
  • Take some time writing up an original DYING FACTOR power this late in the design
    or
  • UNSTOPPABLE RESILIENCE with stat reductions (defense can for sure be reduced to 4)

Last edited by Splash; April 6th, 2022 at 06:59 PM.
Old April 6th, 2022, 06:40 PM

An idea..

Quote:
LIFE = 6

DYING FACTOR
Start the game with 5 wound markers on this card. Anytime Deadpool would receive one or more wounds, instead remove a wound marker from this card. If Deadpool does not have any wound markers on his card, he is destroyed.
Old April 6th, 2022, 08:08 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Really solid analysis!

Just to respond to a few things:
-I think part of the appeal of Healing Factor X is the possibility of eventual Weapon X synergy. We already have a Deadpool with HFX though, so I'm not horribly worried about that.
-Part of the concern with highly passive designs is just that they're extremely powerful within Heroscape, for obvious reasons. Unstoppable Resilience is a pretty great buff over the current healing ability, so I'd definitely stick both the Defense buff and the Life buff on there if you want to go with that.

Here's what I'd do if you want to go the Unstoppable Resilience route personally to try and keep his life at 6.
Quote:
DEFENSE = 4

"ME FIRST!"
Start the game with the Glyph of Teleportation Belt on this card. Once per turn, if an enemy figure moves at least one space and ends its movement within clear sight of Deadpool, Deadpool may immediately use his Teleportation Belt as long as he is placed adjacent to that enemy figure. After placing him in this way, he must roll an unblockable attack die against all figures adjacent to him.

MERC WITH A MOUTH
Enemy figures attacking Deadpool with a normal attack roll one additional attack die but subtract one skull from whatever is rolled. After rolling defense dice for Deadpool against an opponent's attack, if he does not receive any wounds, you may roll one unblockable attack die against the attacking figure.

UNSTOPPABLE RESILIENCE
Honestly sounds like you're leaning more towards keeping him with some sort of unique healing power though, which I can dig. I think that Dying Factor power may be a little more trouble than it's worth mechanically, but it's an interesting concept. Could something like this work?
Quote:
DYING FACTOR RESILIENCE
Start the game with 6 Death Markers. After taking a turn with Deadpool or immediately after Deadpool receives one or more wounds, if he is not destroyed, you may remove a Wound Marker from this Army Card and replace it with a Death Marker. If there are 6 Death Markers on this Army Card, destroy Deadpool.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library