Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books
Books Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old December 19th, 2013, 10:52 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroscapers that are published authors

Here are some ebooks that I've published.

The Beasts of Darkwood Hole (a book of poetry)

Quest for a Cure (a fighting fantasy type adventure)

Old December 20th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Fighting Fantasy! So very cool.

Those books dominated by youth. I have the first 20 or so in my collection along with many others like it, including the AD&D books.

Super cool. How was writing that? As I understand it, once you do one it becomes much easier as you have a pattern to work off from. I assume you started with an outline with different branches that spread out and possibly re-connect.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old December 20th, 2013, 02:50 PM

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Fighting Fantasy! So very cool.

Those books dominated by youth. I have the first 20 or so in my collection along with many others like it, including the AD&D books.

Super cool. How was writing that? As I understand it, once you do one it becomes much easier as you have a pattern to work off from. I assume you started with an outline with different branches that spread out and possibly re-connect.
I originally wrote it as an introductory module for Dark City Games, who have a rules set that recreates the old Fantasy Trip series of games. I wrote it as a sort of resume to see if they wanted me to write a longer adventure. I wrote that one, and it's in the editing process now.

When I retooled it to be a stand-alone book, I had to edit it to be more like a fighting fantasy book. As for coming up with a formula, mine's a bit different than the FF books, since I allow the player to return to the same location - something that the FF books really don't allow. The story allows you to collect plot words that affect what happens in certain locations. It's really a sort of hybrid between the Fantasy Trip and a true FF book.

Old December 20th, 2013, 03:15 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

OK, very interesting. Any plans to do another?

- Eslo Rudkey
Old December 20th, 2013, 03:34 PM

I had started working on a western adventure but I was coming up short with material to make a full book. But the door is open, and I may well write another one some day.

Old December 14th, 2014, 10:25 PM

I figured this was as good a place as any to post this. I have a book of poetry (see top of the page) and I wanted to share one of the poems.

Lucid Night

Rising on ethereal wings, a moonless night
Lucid dreams are in the air tonight
Gossamer flaps in the breeze, pink and purple sight.
Phantom winds are in the air tonight.

Pearly clouds illuminate, dreams are glowing cold
Distant rhythms vibrate my glittering soul
Stars, wet with birth, eagerly they shine
Upon the forests and the fields and seas of liquid time

Vengeful spirit riders, softly closing in
On their hell-born steeds comprised of spectral wind
Angels in the distance, percussion from their hearts
Dancing in the sonic wind
Dancing in the sonic wind

Shadows in the morning mist, silent in the gloom
Tongues about their faces flick, whisperings of doom
Angels phasing into stars, never come this way;
Time has pierced the soul of night – now breathe the light of
day

Old April 12th, 2019, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
I had started working on a western adventure but I was coming up short with material to make a full book. But the door is open, and I may well write another one some day.
And more than five years later, it's finished! I sold Sunset at Silver Creek today to Dark City Games.

Old April 12th, 2019, 10:20 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

I never really looked at this thread before, but today I took a look at the first post. I saw the names, and I was like is @Mossman the same David Wood that I've heard on the Dead Robots' Society podcast? It's weird how I know of him from two very different worlds.

I wish I could post in here deserving of mention in the first post, especially considering the mention of the DRS podcast (yes, I'm one of the crazies who has listened to every episode). Some day I'll get that butt in the chair and put down some of the thoughts in my head.
Old April 13th, 2019, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Quote:
And more than five years later, it's finished! I sold Sunset at Silver Creek today to Dark City Games.
Grats!!

Awesome poem btw.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old May 1st, 2019, 10:07 PM

Sunset at Silver Creek!

Old May 2nd, 2019, 06:32 AM

Grats. Very cool.

I take it you went more board game than Fighting Fantasy on this one?
Old May 2nd, 2019, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Grats. Very cool.

I take it you went more board game than Fighting Fantasy on this one?
There are battle maps and counters, but it is more of a hybrid between the two.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books