Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old May 7th, 2007, 10:27 PM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
The Book of Taelord the Kyrie Warrior

The Book of Taelord the Kyrie Warrior
Malliddon's Prophecy - Collection 1 - "Heroes of Bleakwoode"

If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio: When Utgar held a gladiatorial contest to determine who his chief warrior would be, Taelord was the hands-down victor. The battle pitted 83 worthy warriors against each other, and lasted a full two days. In the end, only one warrior was left standing: the mighty Taelord. For his savagery, strength and stamina, Taelord was rewarded with a drink from a Wellspring. On the battlefield,
Taelord's natural military superiority extends to all of those who fight nearby. (Hasbro)

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • - FLYING : Stealth Flying
    Why is Taelord’s Flying Special Power missing the last line that all other Flyers have: “When this figure starts to fly, if this figure is engaged, he/she will take any leaving engagement attacks”?
    We removed the last line of his flying ability to reflect that Taelord has Disengage when flying. (Hasbro FAQ)

- FLYING : Stealth Flying
    Does Taelord have disengage when walking?
    No. Taelord was given an “early” form of stealth flying. If Taelord begins his move engaged and chooses to fly, he will not take any leaving engagement swipes. However, if Taelord’s flying power is nagated or if he decides to walk away from an engagement, he will take any leaving engagement strikes. (dnutt99)

Synergy Benefits Received
  • - MINIONS OF UTGAR : Utgar’s Orders
    As a Kyrie warrior that follows Utgar, Taelord the Kyrie Warrior may benefit from Minions of Utgar UTGAR’S ORDERS activation synergy.

- KHOSUMET THE DARKLORD : Relentless Assault
    Having a relentless personality, Taelord the Kyrie Warrior may benefit from Khosumet the Darklord’s RELENTLESS ASSAULT attack bonus.

- ORNAK : Red Flag of Fury
    As a unique hero that follows Utgar, Taelord the Kyrie Warrior may benefit from Ornak’s RED FLAG OF FURY activation synergy.

- DEATHKNIGHTS OF VALKRILL : RELENTLESS HEROES : UNHOLY BONDING : As a Medium hero with "Relentless" personality, Taelord the Kyrie Warrior may benefit from the Death Knights of Valkrill's UNHOLY BONDING activation synergy.

-ATLAGA - Kyrie Leadership - As a Kyrie, Taelord the Kyrie Warrior adds one to his Move due to Kyrie Leadership.

Synergy Benefits Offered
  • - ATTACK AURA : All Units You Control
    * All units you control within 4 clear sight spaces may benefit from Taelord the Kyrie Warrior’s ATTACK AURA
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

Strategy Notes:
  • - Taelord is probably one of the most controversial figures we have created for Heroscape thus far because of his high cost. Draft him, but draft wisely with him. Don't draft Taelord and Charos together and wonder why Taelord was ineffective while Charos was out Counter Striking away. Taelord has to stay near his allies for them to be affected by his Attack Aura. Because of that, drafting a slow moving squad with a range of 1 may not be the best idea! I'll talk about the exception to this rule (Minions of Utgar) later. For now, draft him with ranged squads and set your army up on height to pick off your opponents 1 by 1 as they advance on your position. (Hasbro FAQ)

Who is affected by Taelord's Special Powers?
  • - Attack Aura: All figures you control within 4 clear sight spaces of Taelord.
    - Stealth Flying: Only Taelord.
    (Hasbro FAQ)

Who else could I draft with Taelord?
  • - Minions of Utgar
    Here is the exception to the abovementioned "don't draft Taelord with figures that have a range of 1" rule. The Minions of Utgar have Utgar's Orders which allows them to take a turn with a Kyrie warrior who follows Utgar instead of taking their normal turn. For now, the only Kyrie warriors out that follow Utgar are Taelord, and Runa. By utilizing that power, you can keep all your order markers on the Minions of Utgar and move Taelord up whenever they need his Attack Aura. They are deadly enough with an attack of 2 and Deadly Strike. With Taelord, and the possibility of height, they become unstoppable. (Hasbro FAQ)

- Omnicron Snipers
    Taelord is uniquely suited to help the Omnicron Snipers cause the most damage to approaching opponents. With his Attack Aura and height advantage, the Omnicron Snipers are a dangerous squad. Their Deadly Shot gives them the ability to double all skulls rolled. Normally they only have an attack of 1 but with Taelord AND height, they can roll 3 attack dice with the possibility of inflicting up to 6 wounds per Sniper! (Hasbro FAQ)

- Ranged Squads
    Taelord is not the greatest in melee combat because of his low defense of 3 coupled with a life of 5 and a low attack of 3. He doesn't last long against stronger heroes like Major X17, Sgt. Drake Alexander, or Tor-Kul-Na. Because of that, you should draft ranged squads with Taelord to help thin the enemies lines as they approach. (Hasbro FAQ)

Who does Taelord work well against?
  • - Squad Figures
    As stated above, Taelord isn't the best against strong heroes, but he can normally hold his own against a few squad figures at once. Just don't leave him open to being swarmed by too many figures. With Stealth Flying, he can easily move onto height, or out of a bad situation each turn, making it tough to corner him. (Hasbro FAQ)

- Raelin the Kyrie Warrior
    Raelin is the perfect opponent for Taelord. She has the same attack & defense as Taelord, but her Defensive Aura makes her a target you can't ignore. Try to gain height on Raelin if possible, and have figures ready to move in and utilize Taelord's Attack Aura once you have Raelin engaged. With Taelord's Attack Aura, your figures will make short work of Raelin and can then turn their sights on your opponent's other figures. (Hasbro FAQ)

Power Ranking and Master Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSentinel

Unit Strategy ReviewNote: Not everyone thinks Taelord costs too much.

Last edited by R˙chean; April 11th, 2015 at 02:42 PM. Reason: VC synergy added
Old May 9th, 2007, 06:00 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Taelord cannot be thrown by Jotun.....worth remembering.
Old June 2nd, 2007, 06:43 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!
I just recently got Taelord "thanks to the promo code for Hasbrotoy.com" ans was thinking some strategy with him. Of course he makes the most sense to combine with the minions, but I think there's plenty of other options that make a lot of sense also.

Best - Minions (of course), Omnicron Snipers
Great - Guilty, Syvarris, Krug, EI, and anyone else that I'm missing that gets a double attack (regular not special like Kaemon Awa)
Good - Retarius, Me-burq-sa, and anyone else that I'm missing that can bypass defense (except James Murphy because his special is already 1 greater than his regular attack)
Worth a try- Anubian Archers, Vipers (or anyone else that can take more than 1 turn at a time that I'm missing)

Those are just some thought about using Taelord to his highest potential and trying to squeeze all 180 point out of him.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old June 10th, 2007, 10:58 PM

TheRealQ has disabled reputation
I think the difference between him having disengage rather than slealth flying is that if he chooses to walk, such as being on a road, that he still has his disengage. If he had stealth flight he wouldn't be able to disengage if he were walking as in the above example or if someone was standing on a Glyph of Rannveig.

Old July 23rd, 2007, 12:21 AM

cosmosis knows what's in an order marker cosmosis knows what's in an order marker
I don't think he costs too much. He's been pretty solid in every game we've played him with.

I've seen him paired up with Krav and Raelin for only 360 points and you have a ranged squad with 4 attack and 5 defense... add Laglor for 9 range! and have some points to spare

The only problem is that there's no SA's (unless you take Taelord), but here's hoping that the krav on steroids take down pretty much everything and leave the end of game kills to raelin and taelord

Another devastating combo I've seen is Taelord + 3x Omnicron... Taelord + Height is pretty much a 6 attack 7 range unit for the Omnicron... Maybe even drop one set of Omnicron, for something like Kaemon Awa or Raelin + Deathreavers... or something (hey maybe the reavers will kill something with 2 attack, but they will probably be out of Taelord's range anyway)
Old August 1st, 2007, 01:08 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
[quote="GForce3062"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw_fan_7_8
i usually match taelord with minnions just because it seems wrong otherwise. but after reading this thread i just might try all 3 of my taelords surrounded by agents. any suggestions as to what else would work with them? (taelords and agents)
Captain America. If you can manage to surround Cap with the Agents and then have Taelord backing them up, the Krav now have 4 defense and 5 attack, with Stealth Dodge. That's Evil.

Although, if you're using Taelord to boost one unique unit, I think you're better off drafting Finn and getting him killed. Then your unit still gets the +1 bonus, you have 100 points to spare, and Finn might take some units with him. If you used Finn in the above army, you could also get Raelin and Guilty. Then the Krav have 5 attack and 6 defense if next to Cap, and you have McCreech (or Eldgrim) to boot.

Taelord's real benefit comes from boosting common ranged units or multiple unique ranged units. Maybe you could surround Taelord with Nakitas, Krav and some Microcorp or Gorrilinators?

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old August 1st, 2007, 01:52 PM

SoulfulKillingMachine has disabled reputation
Why stop there?

-Taelord 180
-Raelin 80
-Cap America 220
-Laglor 110
-Finn 80
-Thorgrim 80
-Eldgrim 30
-Krav maga agents 100
-Nakita agents 120
TOTAL 1000

Superkrav! M=7 R=9 A=6 D=7
Old August 18th, 2007, 12:01 PM
Flunked Ebay

MKSentinel knows what's in an order marker MKSentinel knows what's in an order marker
So Captain America...versus Taelord...I mean the Captain is a MONSTER figure compared to T for only 40 points more.

I'm working on a 500 build of just the CPT and 4 squads of 4th Mass. I call it "The American Legion".

Good Traders: Maska, Fallen Templar, Punisher Fan, loborocket, Marduk, Brotharon

324 figures and counting!

Check me out here:
http://www.myspace.com/mksentinel

And FOR EVERYONE'S SAKE, BEFORE YOU POST YOUR BRILLIANT QUESTION,

Self-induced illiteracy should be a crime!!!
Old September 3rd, 2007, 07:22 PM

that guy has disabled reputation
I used Taelord to help defend Aaryglynn and he STILL cost too much. I didn't have enough points left to fill the castle and just got swamped by flyers. I thought I understood why he cost so much but now even I think he's overpriced.
Old September 20th, 2007, 12:01 AM

UgolGnuzg has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean
Well, I should clarify...Hasbro says he has disengage, not stealth flying.

The differnece? dunno. I am not much of a hair splitter.
Hmm, sorry R˙chean, the clarifacation above sounds the other way around.
Tealord has no disengage - if he WALKS away he receives disengagement attacks.
Tealord has (an early form of) stealth flying - if he flies away he receives no disengagement attacks.
Please correct me, if I got it wrong.
Thanks.
Old September 20th, 2007, 09:52 PM

Temprit is surprisingly tart
Yeah if some one was on the wind glyph he would not be able to walk away Scott free.

"Showing off is the fool's idea of glory."
Old September 27th, 2007, 09:46 AM
has been BANNED

Ullar rocks 4553 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSentinel
Power Ranking
Taelord the Kyrie Warrior- Taelord has arguably the best aura in the game, but there’s just one problem: Taelord costs too much. C
Oh really!!!
I would have never guessed that Taelord was a point eater!
Anyway, to get his points worth, use with omnicron, and anything that has a special that relies on good amount of skulls.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units