Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Old November 17th, 2008, 05:48 PM

shotgunshawn Woo who?
Your Favorite Hero Killer?

As I was reading the strategy forums, I came across a thread entitled "The bigger they are the harder they fall". This made me think of a problem I have been having. Here's a link to that particular thread.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=21931

My cousin, my brother and I play every Friday night. I am the kind of player that loves squads, they aren't. This has made me alter my drafting strategy to pick my squads later, when they have picked a few units and can no longer fit Zelrig, Grimnak, DW8K, Tor-Kul-Na or (insert various squad killers here.) in their armies due to point constraints. My problem is the game is full of these units but there aren't that many Hero killers I have had success with. Most count on some use of the 20 sider which I have NO LUCK with. I mean none whatsoever. Here are some Heroes I have used to some effect.

Su-Bak_Na-My absolute favorite unit in the game, I have slaughtered countless units with him.

Sgt Drake ROTV- 6 attack dice for 110 pts

Sir Dupuis-paired with some knights

Isamu-Ironically the one unit I have had some luck with the 20 sider on. I also once killed Nilfheim who only had one wound on him in one attack.

What are some of your favorite Herokillers? Are there any I have missed that you might suggest I try?
Old November 17th, 2008, 05:51 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Your Favorite Hero Killer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunshawn View Post
As I was reading the strategy forums, I came across a thread entitled "The bigger they are the harder they fall". This made me think of a problem I have been having. Here's a link to that particular thread.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=21931

My cousin, my brother and I play every Friday night. I am the kind of player that loves squads, they aren't. This has made me alter my drafting strategy to pick my squads later, when they have picked a few units and can no longer fit Zelrig, Grimnak, DW8K, Tor-Kul-Na or (insert various squad killers here.) in their armies due to point constraints. My problem is the game is full of these units but there aren't that many Hero killers I have had success with. Most count on some use of the 20 sider which I have NO LUCK with. I mean none whatsoever. Here are some Heroes I have used to some effect.

Su-Bak_Na-My absolute favorite unit in the game, I have slaughtered countless units with him.

Sgt Drake ROTV- 6 attack dice for 110 pts

Sir Dupuis-paired with some knights

Isamu-Ironically the one unit I have had some luck with the 20 sider on. I also once killed Nilfheim who only had one wound on him in one attack.

What are some of your favorite Herokillers? Are there any I have missed that you might suggest I try?
You can kill a hero with anything.
Old November 17th, 2008, 05:53 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Agent Carr is another of the original heroes.
Wo-Sa-Ga, more recently, was designed as a hero killer, as was Sujoah (though now we're getting expensive).

@ Onacara. What a helpful post.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
317-149
C3V Brainstorm
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old November 17th, 2008, 05:55 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunshawn View Post
Are there any I have missed that you might suggest I try?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
You can kill a hero with anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
@ Onacara. What a helpful post.

I did answer his question. @ NecroBlade
Old November 17th, 2008, 05:57 PM

2xHero knows what's in an order marker 2xHero knows what's in an order marker

I'm pretty sure what he is talking about is good heroes to use against squad killers. You can kill heroes with anything, but using sentinels against Braxas is not particularly effective.

A link you might find interesting is Low-cost Counters to Heavy Hitters. Personally, I favor Charos for taking out other big heroes.
Old November 17th, 2008, 05:58 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xHero View Post
I'm pretty sure what he is talking about is good heroes to use against squad killers. You can kill heroes with anything, but using sentinels against Braxas is not particularly effective.

A link you might find interesting is Low-cost Counters to Heavy Hitters. Personally, I favor Charos for taking out other big heroes.
Charos got taken out yesterday by a bunch of Rats at the Marlboro tournament so I am standing by my answer.
Old November 17th, 2008, 06:00 PM

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I didn't say you didn't. I said you weren't being helpful.

317-149
C3V Brainstorm
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old November 17th, 2008, 06:04 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Quote:
I didn't say you didn't. I said you weren't being helpful.
He should try them all because they can all do the job if played right and with a little bit of luck on occasion. because I don't want to be out eye-rolled
Old November 17th, 2008, 06:07 PM

2xHero knows what's in an order marker 2xHero knows what's in an order marker

Mr. Owl, how many rats does it take to kill Tor-Kul-Na?

Let's see...a one, a two, a three...
Old November 17th, 2008, 06:47 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

All my favorites have been listed except for maybe Jotun. I'm loving the eye-rolling war, though!

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa in Urban Rivals, the coolest, online CCG of all time!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old November 17th, 2008, 07:43 PM

I almost listed Jotun, since he can handle squads, too, but I didn't because he's probably way too expensive for what the OP is looking for.

317-149
C3V Brainstorm
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old November 17th, 2008, 08:05 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Ninjas of the North Wind
Kozuke Samurai

~Aldin, squaddily

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles