Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old May 3rd, 2008, 07:37 AM

Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Central Arkansas Tournament - May 3rd +Driving direction

Southward, ho!

I never lay awake at night wondering how to design an army that will help me win 40% of my games. -- Jexik

Do NOT click this link.
Old May 3rd, 2008, 06:14 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Re: Central Arkansas Tournament - May 3rd -Results

It was a grand time in Jacksonville, Arkansas today, as fourteen HeroScapers gathered to play in the first Central Arkansas tournament.

We went four rounds and everyone got defeated at least once.

The first place, on differential points, went to 1/2 Ltfightr.

Second place went to Clarissimus, who drove down from Missouri and was the longest traveled player.

We all had fun.

Special thanks to LongHeroscaper for being the Map Master for the event.

Thanks to everyone for coming and making it a fun day for us all.

Last edited by Revdyer; May 3rd, 2008 at 08:58 PM.
Old May 3rd, 2008, 09:43 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Congrats on a successful first tournament. I hope to make the next one you have. If you have them, can you post any pictures?

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old May 3rd, 2008, 09:52 PM

1/2ltfightr has disabled reputation

It was a great struggle and I was honored to win. Thank you to Dave and Long for being the hosts of this very well run event. The tables and maps were all ready to go and the games were well on time. Thanks to all that came and played. It was good to see everyone.

Parker

Adding the army
q-10 180
q-9 150
KMA 100
Ratsx2 80
Isumu 10
Total points 520.

1/2ltfightr and ltfightr are a married couple. We have used ltfightr for 11 years. We have always shared that but for some reason she will not share scape and what does she mean her EOV she found 12-15-06 are hers not ours! ....!

Last edited by 1/2ltfightr; May 3rd, 2008 at 10:21 PM. Reason: added army
Old May 3rd, 2008, 10:16 PM

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by rym View Post
Congrats on a successful first tournament. I hope to make the next one you have. If you have them, can you post any pictures?
Thanks, rym. Sorry you couldn't make this one.

Long was the photographer and has promised us pictures here as soon as he can get to it. He is going out of the country on Monday, so he'd better hurry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/2ltfightr View Post
It was a great struggle and I was honored to win. Thank you to Dave and Long for being the hosts of this very well run event. The tables and maps were all ready to go and the games were well on time. Thanks to all that came and played. It was good to see everyone.

Parker
We were glad to do it; and it was fun seeing how close all the gaming was today. (Not to take anything away from your great winning total, which was awesome.)

And...Parker/1/2ltfightr; some people, I know, would love to know what army you used to win. I'll leave it to you to share that information or not.
Old May 3rd, 2008, 10:52 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Congrats on your first tournament. Any chance of getting the armies posted?

P.S. Rev, I'm probably going to be down in Arkansas in mid-July this year. I might have to throw down a few games with you.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old May 4th, 2008, 02:24 AM

LongHeroscaper has disabled reputation

What a wonderful tournament! We are pretty proud of this milestone, the First Central Arkansas tournament. Two of registered players had a car accident yesterday and although they were fine, they could not played. Two other players coming late due to personal affair brought the total number of players to 14. I myself were happy with an even number, because that "forced" Revdyer to play with us, otherwise he would have been the director and laughed at us when we made bad moves.
I have to first say thank to Revdyer. You ran such a wonderful event from the preparation until the end when everyone left. You were able to secure a spacious place fully equipped with fridge, microwave and other facilities. You came to the place at 8:30am, 3 hours 30 minutes before the kick-off to set up tables and chairs, and even put nice hard-plastic piece of number for each table. You brought scoring sheets and name tags for everyone. You played and ran the event at the same time, and while you had fun, you made sure that the event would run smoothly. And it did. We started on time and we were on schedule every step of the way. And when everyone left, you stayed to make sure all the lights were turned off and the door was locked securely. I don't think I can run such an excellent tournament, but you did it effortlessly. At your age! Thanks again, Grandpa Revdyer!
Then I want to say thank to everyone for such a wonderful time we had. Everyone was friendly and very nice. Everyone helped out one way or the other. Even though we played for the ranking, we still had fun. In fact, Andrew is probably one of the most competitive players I've ever played against, yet both my wife and I found the games against him were the most fun and exciting ones. He was beaten by both of us, BTW , and both games were close. Clarissimus lost his first game, but ended up taking second place (lucky us for not having our first tourney being claimed by an state-outer ). 1/2 Ltfightr lost his second game against Andrew, beat me in the third game and beat my wife in the forth game (killing Q9 in 2 attacks) and claimed first place. We ended up with 5 players going 3-1 and the ranking had to be determined by point differential. I had a great time!

Here are the 5 highest place armies:
1. 1/2 Ltfightr:
Q9 180
Q10 150
KMA 100
Rats x2 80
Isamu 10

2. Clarissimus: Sorry I do not know your army. I did not have time to look at all . I know you played Dund and "the Big Ugly Guy" with a bunch of Nagrub, though.

3. Ben:
Braxas 210
Q10 150
Rats x4 160

4. LongHeroscaper:
Q10 150
KMA 100
Laglor 110
Rats x4 160

5. Mrs. LongHeroscaper:
Q9 180
KMA 100
Stingers x4 240

From the prize table, 1/2Lightftr picked a copy of Runebounds. Classimius picked a Castle set. Ben chose one Templar Knights pack. I picked a copy of Memoir '44 and my wife chose the second and also the last Templar Knights pack. I have to say thank to Revdyer again for bringing many items for the price table, especially Memoir '44 for me. It really motivated me to try hard because I wanted it (BTW, I opened it, and it looks gorgeous). And thank 1/2 Lightftr for not choosing it so that I had the chance to pick it up myself .

Here is a picture. I will post more photos when I finish uploading them.

L...o....n......g.....H...e.....r....o.....S....c....a....p...e......r .....
Heroscape Brief Card for Beginners.
How to share your maps with the world.
VirtualScape 101.
My map thread.

Last edited by LongHeroscaper; May 4th, 2008 at 03:28 AM.
Old May 4th, 2008, 03:26 AM

First round.

Andrew in black shirt thought: "Remember to keep the Hounds AWAY from the Krav!" He made that mistake in the game with me. Fortunately, the Plague did not work with his Krav Maga agent. Well, actually the Plague did not work at all on any figure, his or mine.

David in the green shirt: "Which army am I gonna use?" Seriously, he only chose his army right before his first game against me. And even then, he still wanted to switch army when we had put our order markesr down . He is a very good player, but I think he chose the wrong army today.

Between the rounds.

Revdyer and Ben was figuring out the next round pair-ups. We played 4 rounds, using point differential. Because I played the Rats, my win usually yielded low point differential.

People were waiting for the forth, which is the last, round. See, we have 3 girls. They all play with their husbands in a regular basis. Of course I mean Heroscape!
Out of the three lucky husbands, I think I am the most whipped one! My wife beats me about 8 games out of 10.

The last round.

The game that decided the winner of the tournament. My wife was 3-0 before this game and 1/2Ltfightr was 2-1 (just beat me the game before). If my wife had won, she would have claim 1st prize. But even with a win, 1/2Ltfightr would still need to fight for point differential with other 3-1 players. He won this game pretty decisively and got more than 400 point out of it, which boosted him to the first place and pushed my wife to the 5th place, which was the lowest of all 3-1 players. But I still love her .

Jennifer and Harley, playing on my Broken Skyline. I lost my game on this map, AGAIN!!

Revdyer and David. Notice the number 8. It is a piece of hard-plastic and can be moved around easily. I think it was very useful and practical.

Ben and Frank. This game brought Ben to 3-1 to claim 3rd place. That was impressive giving how bad Ben rolls in casual games . But I think he found the one that works for him. He said that he came up with this army right after Dallas Team tournament, so he had a few months to playtest it.
BTW, do you notice the guy in black shirt whose face did not show up? That was Andrew, waiting for me to come back to start the game .

It's Clarissimus and Jon. They came to this match with 2-1 for both. The win with this one brought Clarissimus to the second place. I wish I could have played him, but I ended up with Andrew, who were in the next table, looking pretty irritated!
Do you notice the purple dog next to the tree on Clarissimus side? Clarissimus, I would love to read your report on how you played this tournament,... please?

Ltfightr and Trevor. I think they came to this game with 1-2 record for both. I was glad that I did not play Ltfightr, because her nickname is "Q9 killer". But, her husband 1/2Ltfightr did the job anyway!

I'll go to bed now. More pictures will be up tomorrow!
Thanks again everyone!

VirtualScape 101.
My map thread.

Last edited by LongHeroscaper; May 4th, 2008 at 03:39 AM.
Old May 4th, 2008, 04:14 AM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Out of the three lucky husbands, I think I am the most whipped one!
Long, just FYI, this means something else in English.

Sure looks like this was a fun day. I should have gone just to hang out in Rev's church.

http://drakesflames.blogspot.com
Drake's Flames, my crassly opinionated game review site. Updates three times a week.
Old May 4th, 2008, 07:29 AM

Last edited by Revdyer; May 4th, 2008 at 08:53 AM. Reason: oops
Old May 4th, 2008, 08:51 AM

Thanks for the photos, LongHeroscaper!

And special thanks to Codeman whose scorecards made doing scoring without a computer possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
Congrats on your first tournament. Any chance of getting the armies posted?

P.S. Rev, I'm probably going to be down in Arkansas in mid-July this year. I might have to throw down a few games with you.
I look forward to the possibility, MM.[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityMax View Post
Sure looks like this was a fun day. I should have gone just to hang out in Rev's church.
You know you're welcome anytime, IMax.
Old May 4th, 2008, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityMax View Post
Quote:
Out of the three lucky husbands, I think I am the most whipped one!
Long, just FYI, this means something else in English.

IMax, like Rev said, you are always welcome here. And you should have come, and played. Folks here are nice and would treat you well . And the "whipped" one is a joke, because everyone knows that my wife gives me lots of freedom to do whatever I want. I would have no problem being whipped by my wife though. If I were whipped by someone else who was not my wife, that would be a problem .

VirtualScape 101.
My map thread.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events