Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old November 10th, 2012, 01:52 PM

Ashus rolls all skulls baby! Ashus rolls all skulls baby! Ashus rolls all skulls baby! Ashus rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Book of Omegacron

Can anyone help me with strategy for this unit? I played him last night in this army:

Omegacron (180)
Zetacron (240)
Omnicron Repulsors x2 (320)
Omnicron Snipers x2 (520)

Essentially, my army went up against Braxas and a few Drow Chainfighters.

As far as strategy goes, I tried putting most of my Order Markers on Omegacron, trying to take advantage of his split-turn bonding abilities, but it felt clunky and hard to manage. It is entirely possible that I just played poorly, and a more tactical player would have found this to be a great play style.

Should he be used more as a 2nd wave unit, after you take a round or two to get the Repulsors and Snipers out into the world?

What methods and armies have you used with Omegacron that worked out well for you, or just were fun?

Ashus is Empress Kiova...
in The Cave of Hope...
Old November 10th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

You need more Repulsers as a screen; drop Zetacron.

Also, you should always have your OMs on Omegacron, unless you are facing off against Soulborgs in which you'll occasionally put OMs on Repulsers.

It takes a little playing to get Omegacron down right.
Old November 10th, 2012, 02:24 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Yeah, a third squad of Repulsors would have been better. You really want to get figures engaged with Repulsors and then light them up with snipers.

Are you sure your opponent didn't have anything else in his army that screened out Zetacron and the snipers and took some heat off of Braxas?
Old November 10th, 2012, 03:34 PM

Ashus rolls all skulls baby! Ashus rolls all skulls baby! Ashus rolls all skulls baby! Ashus rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Are you sure your opponent didn't have anything else in his army that screened out Zetacron and the snipers and took some heat off of Braxas?
He had some other units, yes, but I only wasted one order marker going after them, instead focusing fire on Braxas. Perhaps the dice gods hated me, or perhaps I was just outclassed, but in the three rounds it took him to wipe out every squad unit I controlled, I only managed 6 wounds on the dragon. It certainly didn't help that Braxas literally destroyed 3 squad figures every activation.

Regardless, I didn't mean to turn this into a "how to beat this army" thread... I'm still just looking for advice on how an Omegacron-based army would function optimally. Dropping Zeta and adding more Repulsors sounds like a good idea, but how does that function with order marker management? Are they still all on Omega?

Ashus is Empress Kiova...
in The Cave of Hope...
Old November 10th, 2012, 04:47 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Pretty much the only time you would want to only put order markers on omnicrons with omegacron would be on the repulsors against soulborgs to emp them. Otherwise put them all on omegacron.
Old May 24th, 2013, 01:14 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I am having a blast with Omegacron. He makes the omnicron army work so smoothly. I think you have to have at least 3 squads of repulsors with him. The targeting bonus combined with screening is invaluable.
Old May 24th, 2013, 07:05 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Two Snipers and three Repulsors make 500 points with Omegacron.

Old May 24th, 2013, 07:59 PM

Hive Lord 1233 knows what's in an order marker Hive Lord 1233 knows what's in an order marker

If only Repulsors weren't so rare....
Old July 23rd, 2013, 10:02 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'd never played Omegacron with anything but a Repulsor screen until tonight--I put 2x Snipers into the mix, and the army came alive in a way I hadn't forseen.

When playing just Omegacron and Repulsors, Omegacron's feet tend to get glued to the floor, which can make the game a little boring. The screen needs to be replenished almost constantly, meaning Omega never gets the chance to move once the battle gets going.

With Snipers, on the other hand, you can combine the movements of the two squads, which resulted in a much more dynamic game experience. With Repulsors engaged the Snipers do slightly more damage than just Omegacron, as well. Great figure--it was nice to find new life in this guy.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old July 23rd, 2013, 10:05 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dendrik View Post
I'd never played Omegacron with anything but a Repulsor screen until tonight--I put 2x Snipers into the mix, and the army came alive in a way I hadn't forseen.

When playing just Omegacron and Repulsors, Omegacron's feet tend to get glued to the floor, which can make the game a little boring. The screen needs to be replenished almost constantly, meaning Omega never gets the chance to move once the battle gets going.

With Snipers, on the other hand, you can combine the movements of the two squads, which resulted in a much more dynamic game experience. With Repulsors engaged the Snipers do slightly more damage than just Omegacron, as well. Great figure--it was nice to find new life in this guy.
That's how he's supposed to be played!

Omegacron, Snipers x2, Repulsers x3.

Though, if you play at 540, then Repulsers x4 makes the build really really good...
Old July 23rd, 2013, 10:09 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Glad you like him.

-ZB, always glad to see VC praise.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old July 26th, 2013, 07:09 PM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness

My old stanby Omni army is:
Reps x3
Snipers x3(or two and add a heavy hitter with the last 100)
Rae Rae

Question is, if well played does it stand up against

Reps x3
Snips x2
Omega

???

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs