Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old February 9th, 2013, 10:15 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
The Book of Mentallo

The Book of Mentallo

C3G MARVEL WAVE 17
ANTAGONISTS ASSEMBLE

Comic PDF

Comic PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Captain America set.
Its model number and name are #10/Mentallo.

Character Bio - Marvin Flumm was born in Watford City, North Dakota. As a mutant telepath of moderate ability, Mentallo was recruited by the original S.H.I.E.L.D. as a candidate for their ESP Division. Having been fired for cause after attempting a covert takeover of that organization, he has since operated as both a freelance criminal and a high-ranking agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s enemy HYDRA. Flumm is usually depicted as using technology to increase his power. He once had a longterm partnership with the Fixer. This partnership effectively ended when the Fixer was invited to join the Thunderbolts. - Taken from Marvel Comic Database

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

ImmunitiesBenefitsWeaknesses_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 09:43 PM. Reason: png
Old February 9th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Mentallo - Design Phase

NAME = MENTALLO
SECRET IDENTITY = MARVIN FLUMM

SPECIES = MUTANT
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CRIMINAL
PERSONALITY = OPPORTUNISTIC

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = 135

PSYCHO-HELMET
Mentallo is not affected by enemy figures' special powers that would prevent them from being targeted for attacks or special powers.

TELEPATHIC SUGGESTION
If Mentallo is not engaged, instead of attacking, you may choose one Unique Hero or up to three Common figures. Chosen figures must be within 10 spaces of Mentallo. For each chosen figure, roll the 20-sided die. If Mentallo was not moved during your turn, add 5 to each roll. After the 20-sided die is rolled for all chosen figures, for each figure that you rolled 13 or higher for, you may take temporary control of that figure and immediately take a turn with it. At the end of each turn, control of the chosen figure returns to the player who controlled the figure before the Telepathic Suggestion.

MENTAL SHIELD
An opponent may never take temporary or permanent control of Mentallo.

Last edited by Ronin; October 14th, 2022 at 10:37 PM.
Old February 9th, 2013, 10:25 AM
Prickly Cactus

Last edited by Hahma; February 9th, 2013 at 10:47 AM.
Old February 9th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Powers

Mentallo is a mutant with limited telepathic abilities, allowing him to read minds, control the bodies and minds of other humans, communicate telepathically and create illusions. He often uses scientific means (often provided by the Fixer) to enhance his telepathic abilities. He usually wears a special helmet to protect him against telepathic feedback, background noise and other telepaths. Mentallo also has the ability to send out mental probes to identify the shape and size of objects in his near vicinity, effectively creating some type of radar-sense. He can even locate invisible and intangible objects this way.

His Psycho Helmet power basically is allowing him to affect figures with Intangible or Invisible powers since he is able to detect them.

Old February 9th, 2013, 10:45 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Psycho Helmet is great!

As it's currently worded, Telepathic Suggestion seems like I can take a turn with 3 Squads in the same turn. If I take a turn with one figure in a squad, I believe that means I can take a turn with the entire squad. I may be wrong, but that's what I'm getting out of it.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old February 9th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
Psycho Helmet is great!

As it's currently worded, Telepathic Suggestion seems like I can take a turn with 3 Squads in the same turn. If I take a turn with one figure in a squad, I believe that means I can take a turn with the entire squad. I may be wrong, but that's what I'm getting out of it.
But nothing says you can take a turn with the entire squad just by taking a turn with one figure in that squad.

Old February 9th, 2013, 10:51 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
Psycho Helmet is great!

But nothing says you can take a turn with the entire squad just by taking a turn with one figure in that squad.
Nothing in the power says that, but by activating the one figure, it seems like you would activate the entire unit. Clarification by someone more familiar with the rules would help here.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old February 9th, 2013, 11:18 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Do you want to split out the Mental Shield part of Psycho Helmet so that he works with the powers that mention Mental Shield?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old February 9th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Prickly Cactus

Good call Quozl. That would be the way to go

Thanks!

Old February 9th, 2013, 12:41 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I read "figure" to say "figure" with the second power, not that you could take a turn with the entire squad. So makes sense to me.

I like this guy. I'm glad to see the 10 space limitation on his mind control power. It'll help keep him in check in ways Puppet Master wasn't, which is needed since there's no real way of avoiding his power unless you have Mental Shield! That said, he's a heck of a lot more killable than Puppet Master (but you can also pair him with folks like John Stewart, etc., to help prevent that). He should be interesting, that's for sure. You'll definitely have to test him with a pod designed to keep him alive, Magma with her lava, that type of thing.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 9th, 2013, 01:01 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

He's not "activating" a squad, he's taking a turn with a single common figure. It could also be a common hero.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old February 9th, 2013, 02:00 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Really awesome design here. I love how it's actually very simple, wrapped on in a complex package. Great idea Quozl for the Mental Shield part (Otherwise maybe in that power you could specify that he's considered to have the Mental Shield Special Power, like we do with dual classes occasionally?).

I agree with taking a turn with a single figure. That's something I've been throwing around in my brain recently too, actually. Glad to see it on paper.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library