Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old August 25th, 2022, 02:02 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: Wargrounds of Scape (WoS) - discussion thread

I have a bit of a running list of the WoS maps and their sizes*, figured I'd share here. See if you can name the 3 biggest and 3 smallest maps without checking the spoiler, I know this list surprised me somewhat:

Spoiler Alert!

*I'm defining size as the number of occupiable hexes, including start zones but not including molten lava.

Last edited by superfrog; August 25th, 2022 at 02:03 AM. Reason: Also somewhat surprised that only 3/14 have an odd number of spaces...
Old August 25th, 2022, 07:17 AM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Wow, yeah, some surprises for me...
Perhaps above all, that Draugur is relatively small. It feels big and sprawling to me.
Old August 25th, 2022, 09:40 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

I love that list. Fulcrum as the current mean (190.36) is quite a surprise.

With regards to even or odd occupiable spaces, for a symmetrical map it all depends on whether or not the map is designed around a central single or double hex. I think it might be inherently more natural to design around a double hex because of the the LoS blockers available and their quantities.

BftU and RttFF offer single hex LoS Blockers but the quantities aren't optimal when one of them is placed in the center. TJ is the only set that offers a single hex LoS Blocker in sufficient quantity to build around it.

Fun note that 4 of the 14 maps use a central 2-hex LoS blocker, which is more maps than the ones that use a single hex as the center.

Last edited by Sheep; August 25th, 2022 at 10:14 AM.
Old August 25th, 2022, 10:22 AM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Fulcrum is the map in the middle. That's too perfect.
Old August 25th, 2022, 01:47 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post

With regards to even or odd occupiable spaces, for a symmetrical map it all depends on whether or not the map is designed around a central single or double hex. I think it might be inherently more natural to design around a double hex because of the the LoS blockers available and their quantities.

BftU and RttFF offer single hex LoS Blockers but the quantities aren't optimal when one of them is placed in the center. TJ is the only set that offers a single hex LoS Blocker in sufficient quantity to build around it.

Fun note that 4 of the 14 maps use a central 2-hex LoS blocker, which is more maps than the ones that use a single hex as the center.
Ah, interesting. Makes sense!
Old August 25th, 2022, 02:51 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:

TJ maps with a central tree (Borogoves, Wingspan, Sirocco) still generally have an even number of hexes since obstacles aren't occupiable.

In fact, the one uniting feature of the 3 odd maps is that they use a single road set and have the center of the 5-hex piece as the center of the map.
Old August 25th, 2022, 03:17 PM

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Quote:

TJ maps with a central tree (Borogoves, Wingspan, Sirocco) still generally have an even number of hexes since obstacles aren't occupiable.

In fact, the one uniting feature of the 3 odd maps is that they use a single road set and have the center of the 5-hex piece as the center of the map.
Nice catch!

The road thing is interesting. Along the same lines as my original thinking but actually occupiable!

Does this mean we need to use more 7-hexes at the center of our maps?
Old August 25th, 2022, 03:22 PM
This is merely a joke.

Central 7-hex comes up sometimes with a 1 BftU build (Ice Thistle, for example).
Old August 28th, 2022, 09:04 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Nomination

I would like to OFFICIALLY NOMINATE DESOLATION BY FLASH_19 to WoS.

I played a fair chunk on this map at Scapecon and it was my favorite map in the pool. Lots of interesting choices in the center and sides. Hives make for cool decor. The split start zone can lead to some interesting choices with your army. There's a bit of an obvi Raelin perch but I didn't think it was that bad of a placement. Just lots of interesting things you can do on this map. I'm not great at saying what makes a map good but I thoroughly enjoyed playing this.

Desolation by Flash_19

~Dysole, who thought someone else was gonna beat her to this

Last edited by Dysole; August 31st, 2022 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Added in for Completeness
Old August 31st, 2022, 02:11 PM
This is merely a joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post

I played a fair chunk on this map at Scapecon and it was my favorite map in the pool. Lots of interesting choices in the center and sides. Hives make for cool decor. The split start zone can lead to some interesting choices with your army. There's a bit of an obvi Raelin perch but I didn't think it was that bad of a placement. Just lots of interesting things you can do on this map. I'm not great at saying what makes a map good but I thoroughly enjoyed playing this.

Thanks for the (partial) nomination!

A complete nomination must include a PDF link to the build instructions.
Old August 31st, 2022, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Quote:

I think that’s just for non-GenCon/ScapeCon maps.
Old August 31st, 2022, 03:10 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I think that’s just for non-GenCon/ScapeCon maps.
The link is necessary for the PDF, but not for the tourney usage. A picture would also be ideal, although it's not a requirement.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios