Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Old November 24th, 2008, 06:27 PM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Sports: NFL

I don't see the Jets as a much-lesser team, if a lesser team at all. Most sports writers are pretty impressed by them. I'd be glad that your Titans have the record they have - we should've beaten them too. I'm not saying that they're not a great team this year, they definitely are but the playoffs will truly show how much progress they've made.

For me, I'm stoked by our pounding of Jacksonville yesterday. Now if the Packers choke, like I suspect they will tonight, we'll put some space between us and our hated rivals.
Old November 24th, 2008, 08:32 PM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergeek View Post
He he, "lesser".
Those kitty cats got out everythinged by an "equal" team.
I put lesser in quotation marks because nothing other than their record showed them to be a lesser team Sunday.
Old November 24th, 2008, 08:37 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Shackle View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergeek View Post
He he, "lesser".
Those kitty cats got out everythinged by an "equal" team.
I put lesser in quotation marks because nothing other than their record showed them to be a lesser team Sunday.
What exactly happened Sunday with the Jets?
Old November 24th, 2008, 08:38 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

I think the Jets are nothing more than a 'hot' team right now, but sometimes that's all is takes (just look at the Steelers in their Super Bowl year).

They beat the Pats two weeks ago in NE, but if you watched the game you'd know the Pats gave the game away. I said before a win is a win, but there's a difference between beating a team and the team beating themselves.

As for Yesterday, the game was tight pretty much the whole way, but that was quite the spanking the Pats put on Miami in the end. You know that Bellichick was looking for some revenge when they went for it on 4th and goal with 30 seconds left in the game and already up by 13.

-insert signature here-
Old November 24th, 2008, 11:10 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Well, judging from how the defenses on both sides are doing in the Packer/Saints game, I'd say this is going to be a very close game.
Old November 24th, 2008, 11:30 PM

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOMINATION View Post
Well, judging from how the defenses on both sides are doing in the Packer/Saints game, I'd say this is going to be a very close game.
This game is nuts. Has there been a turnover on downs yet for either side?

-insert signature here-
Old November 24th, 2008, 11:30 PM
Chilly Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quote:
I don't think so, but I like game like this.
Old November 24th, 2008, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I don't think so, but I like game like this.
Same here. That was a sick hit for a QB on that pick!

-insert signature here-
Old November 25th, 2008, 12:26 PM
Chilly Fangirl

Quote:
Scratch that.
Old November 27th, 2008, 01:53 AM

The NFL really needs to get over this Dallas and Detroit play every Thanksgiving thing. Not such a big deal with Dallas right now since they're a good team and can be fun to watch, but who the heck wants to watch Detroit other than the good folks from Michigan right now?

I think they should do what they do with the current Thursday night game and reserve the right to change the schedule (with enough warning) to assure a good game (I think it's the Thursday game they do this with, might be Sunday night football on NBC not sure).

Regardless, they should wait a good 6-7 weeks into the season to see how things are shaping up and then announce the Thanksgiving games, assuring at least one marquee match-up or at the very least interesting games. 10-1 vs 0-11, yeah this is a good idea.

-insert signature here-
Old November 27th, 2008, 04:40 PM

zettian_guard is surprisingly tart

Quote:
The NFL really needs to get over this Dallas and Detroit play every Thanksgiving thing. Not such a big deal with Dallas right now since they're a good team and can be fun to watch, but who the heck wants to watch Detroit other than the good folks from Michigan right now?

I think they should do what they do with the current Thursday night game and reserve the right to change the schedule (with enough warning) to assure a good game (I think it's the Thursday game they do this with, might be Sunday night football on NBC not sure).

Regardless, they should wait a good 6-7 weeks into the season to see how things are shaping up and then announce the Thanksgiving games, assuring at least one marquee match-up or at the very least interesting games. 10-1 vs 0-11, yeah this is a good idea.
There's no denying that the Lions are putrid, but there is one thing to keep in mind. The Lions originated the Thanksgiving game in 1934. There might not be Thanksgiving day football if it wasn't for the Lions coming up with the idea. Besides, it's all we have left to hang our hats on right now. Do you want Detroit to lose the Big Three and the Thanksgiving game?!?

Old November 27th, 2008, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zettian_guard View Post
Quote:

There's no denying that the Lions are putrid, but there is one thing to keep in mind. The Lions originated the Thanksgiving game in 1934. There might not be Thanksgiving day football if it wasn't for the Lions coming up with the idea. Besides, it's all we have left to hang our hats on right now. Do you want Detroit to lose the Big Three and the Thanksgiving game?!?

...and they will forever get the credit for being 1st. Wow that was a bad game today. What was with the challenge flag though (by Tennessee) with three minutes left in the game?

-insert signature here-

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV