Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Notices

Old April 6th, 2021, 12:03 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!
Re: Gen Con 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post

Hmm... I may consider doing a small tournament. Now to just find enough terrain to put together 1/2 dozen maps or so.
If only you knew someone that had lots of terrain...

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old April 6th, 2021, 12:21 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I was considering attending Gencon, but the restrictions you mentioned (though very sensible) do sound like a turnoff

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old April 6th, 2021, 01:14 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

Thanks for everything you guys do. This is a really great way to support the local scenes. Sad to miss another year of Gencon Scape but I think that was the right call.
Old April 6th, 2021, 09:02 PM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf View Post
We were specifically told
Thanks for the additional info Mike.

If they,Gen Con, actually pulls this off its going to have a very "twilight zone" feel.

From what I've heard form some publishers the dealer hall might just be a shopping market, no in booth demos and attendees might be limited to one day only in the dealer hall, think another lottery system.

Starting to wonder if I am even going to bother going. A good possibility of no events like in the past and one day to "shop"

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old April 6th, 2021, 09:04 PM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

oh before I forget I am officially crowing myself the Gen Con 2021 GRAND CHAMPION! (If Napoleon could do it then so can I)

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old April 6th, 2021, 09:27 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I know this was a very difficult decision, guys, and I thank you for steering this ship faithfully for all the years you've been at the wheel.

For what it's worth, my opinion from the cheap seats is that you made the right call. See you next year, I hope.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old April 7th, 2021, 04:58 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=58905

If you're looking for a good GenCon alternative this year, check out CoVCon! 4 days of HeroScape in Indy. It should be a blast!

Last edited by Dysole; June 1st, 2021 at 01:20 AM.
Old June 28th, 2021, 08:21 PM
GenCon General Wars & DW9K Jumpstart Champ 2008

lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
Though there is some positives here. We really do have a great line up of events that we want you guys to experience. We will be waiting eagerly for Gencon 2022. Also as we understand things Gencon wants the community to be involved with "pop up" sites ala FLGS. We want to partner with you guys in this. We commit to send prize support to any of you guys who organize some of these pop up events. Here are the rules:
1. Must be advertised on heroscapers.com
2. Must have 8+ attendees
3. Must happen between the time the original Gencon dates (Aug 4) and the new Gencon dates (Sep 19).
4. PM Lonewolf and myself the link to your post about the event at least week ahead of time so we can ensure you have a prize before the event. One prize per event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
I also really, really want to encourage all of you to run a local tourney or a mini con with your buddies. It's really not difficult, I mean I figured it out so it can't be hard.

I would love for all the bigger scenes (Peoria, Utah, Michigan, Texas, Louisville, California, the Northeast) to all represent local tourneys during the "Gen Con" time frame. Also I would love for this to be a jumping off spot for maybe some of you that have thought about running an event but just weren't sure about logistics, etc. Maybe you could start a new heroscape scene locally.

Also running a mini con isn't too tough either: find some buddies, rent an air bnb, figure out how you want to handle food, and decide on what games you're going to play. It's simple really and an absolute blast. You can even schedule different tournaments if you want. Heck, we had a speed painting contest at the last Kencon and I'm sure it'll make an appearance at Kencon 3.0.

If you guys are interested in running something but don't know how to start, shoot me a PM. I would love to try and help you walk through it. You really can do it, like I said I figured it out, so it can't be that tough.

Anyway, Be safe and play some heroscape!

So we were able to get 10 sets of Heroscape Gencon dice for local events that meet the qualifications above. @Matthias Maccabeus is in charge of this and it is first come first serve. I know some of you have already reached out to MM, but it is probably a good idea to check in with him again to make sure your are on the list!

I just got the dice today, so they are unpainted, but here they are!

Big thanks to @Cavalier for cutting these for us!!!!!

Old June 28th, 2021, 08:30 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Yes, huge thanks to @Cavalier !!

Please remember to PM me with a link to your tourney to qualify.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con