Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old November 15th, 2020, 11:12 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Munchkin Dungeon, which I won; then Islebound, in which I came in second. We played using the Metropolis expansion and the Festival of Ivories promo card. Ended the evening with Witches, which (no pun intended) is a fun game based off the Terry Pratchett novels.

Old December 10th, 2020, 05:52 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Recently played The Fires of Midway, (Clash of Arms Games) great card game about the four 1942 WWII Pacific Carrier Battles that determined the course of the war in that theater. Its a tactical game with fast air strikes against enemy carriers and defensive plays with your own. Glad I got it! Its still available in a bagged version from the publisher.

Recently solitaired Homeland The Game by the original Gale Force Nine design team, that gave me favorites like Firefly The Game and Star Trek Ascendancy. Its a new twist on the hidden role genre, with Battle Star Galactica type decisions but simplified and shortened, and is lots of fun! You don't need to know the TV show at all to play it.

Recently read over the revised Main Game Rules and The Borg Assimilation Expansion rulebooks for Star Trek Ascendancy as updated July 2020. I made up a Table of Contents for the new main expanded rules book, which you can now find on the Board Game Geek forum. Since STA comes with no Table of Contents in the front or Index in the back, I've always found the old draft particularly useful in running the game.

Steam/TTS Log: I continue to play Undaunted Normandy, and lately tried out the new Endless Winter. The former is calling for play testers on BGG for a third expansion. For the latter, we saved the game to do another session when we can get the four of us together again.
Old January 1st, 2021, 11:35 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Matthias' annual what did you play last year. Once again remember that I am not much of a Euro player at all. If I'm playing one it's usually because I lost a bet or it's somebody's birthday etc. To put things into perspective my top 10 games are:
1. Heroscape
2. Dragon Dice
3. LotR LCG
4. Descent
5. Pathfinder ACG
6. Joan of Arc
7. Too Many Bones
8. Altar Quest
9. Street Masters
10. Marvel Champions

Now my bottom 5 fluctuate but my top 5 have been pretty solid for years.
Now on to the list, these don't include any electronic gaming over Ipad or anything like that.

1. LotR LCG - 232 plays, This is my go to solo game. My oldest and my son enjoy it so it gets to the table a lot. The currrent iteration is "taking a break" for now. Obviously no Con of the Rings this year but the last 2 years have been a blast. @lonewolf played this with me quite a few times at Ken Con.

2. Marvel Champions LCG - 60 plays, Hmm, same designer as LotR, interesting. My go to superhero game for a long time was Sentinels of the Multiverse. I'm prety sure this has usurped it. If you're a Marvel fan you need to check this out. Caleb is a great designer and and overall good guy.

3. Heroscape - 56 plays, That's probably the most heroscape I've played in decades and yes that was without Gen Con or TTO. I had a big event for my birthday and a smaller one for Ken Con and a game or 2 with @Cleon over Skype and some local games with @Raider30 otherwise the majority was with my kids, all 6 of them...

4. Pathfinder ACG - 39 plays, A little lower than previos years. My game group and I are always working through one of the sets. Quarantine ate in to that a bit this year. My son and oldest daughter almost always play this on our own as well but they just weren't as interested this year. I still think it's a very solid game and like the 2nd edition even more.

5. Magic the Gathering - 30 plays, Sigh I just can't get away from this game because my son and oldest like it so much...

6. Dungeon Mayhem - 24 plays, A fast and fun little card game that my whole family enjoys playing, and yes they always go after dad first...

7. Altar Quest - 19 plays, This just came in November so that should tell you quite a bit about how much I enjoy it. I really do like the Sadler brothers design approach to games. Street Masters is a favorite of mine and this is more of the same but in a dungeon crawl atmosphere with a throwback to HeroQuest terrain. How could anyone not like this game??

8. 5 minute Marvel (13 plays) and 5 minute Dungeon (8 plays) - 21 plays total, Just a fun race against the clock game that my family enjoys playing.

9. Godtear - 17 plays, This is @Raider30 's fault. He wanted a competitive game for our group to get in on together and there was this black Friday sale and well see what had happened was (even @OrcElfArmyOne got sucked in)....Anyway, it's got some things in common with scape so I was definitely interested. There's a lot more postioning involved than scape because the dice are rolled way less. I do think the yellow guys are way overpowered but my sample size is still small yet.

9. Ashes 1st ed - 17 plays, When I heard Plaid Hat was retooling Ashes I decided to break out the old sets. @OrcElfArmyOne sent me some old school promos and my son and oldest daughter do a variation of a dark draft from Epic and we enjoy drafting like that quite a bit. It does sound like the next version will fix a lot of stale mates which I definitely think is a postivie direction for this game. I'll probaby get in on the next version eventually, when I get my kids away from Magic...

11. Sherman Leader - 15 plays, DVG is often a bit overpriced for what you get, but they make great solo war games. Sherman Leader is a great WWII ground battle experience.

12. Marvel Legendary (6), Legendary Encounters Aliens (4), Legendary Encounters Predator (2) 12 plays total - Not a big fan of the Marvel version because I think there's better games out there (Sentinels, Champions etc) but I enjoy both the Predator and Aliens version immensely but that could be just because I really like the movies.

12. Israeli Air Force Leader - 12 plays, Another great Leader game from DVG. It goes all the way back to the post WWII days to present day with the missions you can run.

14. Hornet Leader - 11 plays, Yep a DVG leader game. Want to know how Maverick felt in Top Gun, try out this game.

9 plays each
Hero Realms - A favorite of my son. The campaign is pretty cool and adds a little different aspect to the game.

Maximum Apocalypse - A great apocalypse game. It can play up to 6 player which is a big bonus. The different character choices, missions, and apocalypses give it great variety.

Arkham LCG - I like the Arkham universe quite a bit. I like the style of this game. However I'm just not a huge fan of what seems to me be a lack of cards for good deck building. Maybe I'm just spoiled with LotR and Marvel.

Undaunted Normandy (7) and Undaunted North Africa (2) - A solid deck builder war game. I like the mechanics of this game a lot.

8 plays each
Hexplore It - Definitely a game that needs the hit the table more. The Sands of Shurax should be here early this year. It's just the right amount fo light RPG for me. The character classes and roles are great fun to combine. You can set up some massive combos.

Street Masters - From the Sadler brothers. A great old school fighting game ala Double Dragon, Final Fight, etc. A game that needs to get played more, though I've played it a ton on the Ipad app.

7 plays each
Jaws of the Lion - I like most of this game except for the card flipping combat part of it.

Joan of Arc - Another great game that needs to hit the table more. I am looking forward to the 1.5 version coming out fixing a few things here and there and making the scenarios more balanced.

5 plays each
Mage Knight - Slightly Euro for me but I still like the leveling up and it's great solo. I don't like the vs or coop versions of the game.

Cloudspire - A tower defense game done Chip Theory style. They have the best components out there. I enjoy the vs mode 1 on 1. I don't like the 4 player version because once your fortress is defeated even though you keep playing, you can't win any more.

Thunderstone - Definitely my favorite old school deck builder. We play 2nd edition and enjoy it quite a bit.

Star Wars Destiny - It's fine. Not my favorite but just another take on the whole card vs game.

Roll for Adventure - A fun little coop dice rolling game with a fantasy theme. My buddies and kids both enjoy it.

Too Many Bones - I know I've said this already but this game is the one that needs to hit the table the most. Amazing game, amazing components. Just a great fantasy character building game with quirks here and there. I highly recommend this game.

4 plays each
Eternal Card Game - The ios game is just another take on hearthstone. The card version is just another take on Magic. It's fine, but that's it.

TMNT Shadows of the Past - I got this real cheap and my son really likes it. It has some cool mechanics where you can share dice with your neighbors. It captures the TMNT universe well.

Myth - My first ever kickstarter. A fun dungeon crawl that just needs a bit more work on the rules in my opinion.

Key Forge - I like this because it takes the vs card game in a pretty fresh direction.

Dragon Dice - Without Gen Con nobody really wants to play this with me...sigh

3 plays each
Hive - an abstract strategy game

D Day Dice - A fun little dice rolling WWII game

Tiny Epic Defenders - Probably my favorite in the Tiny Epic series, though I haven't played all of them yet

The Dungeon Adventure Game - A super cool choose your own adventure style game. Biggest drawback is it's hard to play more than once.

UNO - With the kids

Set A Watch - Another take on a tower defense game. I like the game but it can be swingy if you get crappy rolls.

Aventuria - I've played through most of the scenarios, my kids like it, and so does my game group. Not sure why it doesn't get more play time.

2 plays each
Battle Cry - Civil war version of Richard Borg's series.

Forbidden Island - My go to intro game for non-gamers.

Bang! the dice game - A fun party dice rolling game

King of Tokyo - Still a favorite dice rolling game of mine

Mage Wars - I'm not really sure where the game is at market-wise but my son and I enjoy breaking this one out from time to time. It's a great vs card game.

Warfighter (Modern) - I do like all the options of enemies, soldiers, weapons, scenarios, etc in this game. I backed the fantasy version on kickstarter.

Oregon Trail the card game - Yep you just die like the old school computer game

Pass the pigs - A game my 4 and 5 year old like playing

Warhammer Quest - My son and I like this one. It's a character progression style campaign card game.

Agricola Family - Sigh the things I do for my kids...

One Deck Dungeon - A puzzle dice game with a fantasy theme. I play this more on the Ipad.

Battle for Hill 218 - @Hendal got me on this game way back in the day. Still a good one to pull out from time to time

Dominion - My wife's favorite game.

Darkest night 1st edition - This game is tough. The theme is great, the game play is quick.

Mistfall - It's like a mix of Warhammer Quest, LotR LCG, and PAthfinder ACG. It's pretty mathy though which can turn off quite a few people.

Dos - Like UNO, but not really

1 play each
Citadels - Old school screw your neighbor game.

Colt Express - Wild West style of screw your neighbor game.

Space Cadets - I played this with @Raider30 and we got stomped pretty hard, but I'd play it again. Old school aliens game.

Spot it - 4 and 5 year old enjoy it and let me play with them occasionally

Gears of War - With @Raider30 once again. Fun little game. I never played the video game but I hear it's pretty similar.

Quicksand - A fun little race to the finish line game with the family

Drako - My son enjoys this game. We played the knights vs Trolls.

Song of Blades and Heroes - I forget who got me on this ruleset years ago but it was someone from this site. My son enjoys this. I'm just not much of a tabletop skirmisher.

Chess - I used to play with my dad back in the day

Port Royal - Euro card game....sigh

Zombicide - Played this at Ken Con. I typically enjoy it but am glad I don't own it

Ghost Stories - We won!! Probably the hardest co-op game at the time it came out. It's pretty old at this point.

Aeon's End - Really ike this game but since it came out for ios I play it less and less in real life. A great take on deckbuilders.

Marvel Codenames - Codenames, but Marvel...

Sabotuer - Another who is the traitor game

Gruff - Mutant goats fighting each other, how can you not like this game?

This War of Mine - Man this is a good game, but I felt utterly exhausted after I played it. It was like a marathon of well this is a bad choice but the other choices are way worse.

Death Angel - I still enjoy killing genestealers when possible

Boss Monter - Throw back to 8 bit old school video games

Throw Throw Burrito - You know when your wife buys you a game for your camper...

Dozen's Doughnuts - Wait is that a fat joke? Matching game with the kids

Gloom of Kilforth - @Raider30 has this. I enjoyed it. It was slightly Euro but not too bad. I'd play it again.

Fairy Tile - A fun tile laying, story telling (kind of) game with the kids

Rifles in the Pacific - A solo war game. The rules are a little ambigious and I haven't taken the time to investigate enough on this game yet.

Sorry - Old school game with the family

That's it. 86 different games at 760 plays total. I always shoot for 1000 but have only ever made that once. It's always a good time to game!

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G

Last edited by Matthias Maccabeus; January 1st, 2021 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Now how do I hide all these games from my wife is the question
Old January 1st, 2021, 01:13 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Great read MM.
Lots of fun stuff in there I need to check out.
Happy New Year and good luck on 1000 in 2021.
Old January 1st, 2021, 10:29 PM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!

Man that's one hec of a list lol!

There's really only 2 board games I play for the most part, HeroScape and HeroClix!

Just finished a game with my friend:

Friend: 2X Minions, DK8000, and Syvarris.

Me: Protectors, Atlaga, Brave Arrow, mohicans, jonnhy shotgun, and Isamu. (5 pts over)

I got steam rolled, although let the record show Isamu killed 2 Minions AND delivered the killing blow to DK8K!!! Made my day.

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."
Old January 1st, 2021, 10:38 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I don't have an impressive list of games played but did get some games in at our family new years party. Played Star Wars Monopoly. We play that all the money from buying properties and houses, etc goes in the middle of the board and is a jackpot for the first person that lands on free parking. I've never in my life ever won a game of monopoly where I ended up with every property on the board and had all the money from the game. It was fantastic....for monopoly. We then played a game my wife bought for christmas called Explosive Kittens. Hands down, the most fun there is in a party card game. Like MM my wife also bought the Throw Throw Burrito game. We are yet to play that one yet. I'm looking forward to getting some more star wars legion to the table with my brothers and nephew.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old January 15th, 2021, 01:10 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Continuing to game online with Steam/TTS. Tried a first time play of Irish Gauge, a light railroad game and won! On Saturday will try Black Orchestra, the co-op game where you try to kill Hitler!

Last edited by Dysole; January 18th, 2021 at 12:15 AM.
Old January 27th, 2021, 10:54 AM

Getting ready to try Pax Viking tonight online with Steam/TTS. This is a gateway introductory game for the Pax Series, of which I've also played Pax Pamir II. This is a rare game on the 10th Century Swedish Vikings consolidating Sweden and the Rus polity to the East. It looks great, and I may buy it. Right now the preorders are just being delivered, and I think it will go retail in April or so.

One space is "Chang An," which is the Chinese end of The Silk Road, the Tang Dynasty Capital, now modern Xian. Its my favorite Chinese city, home of my favorite miniatures collection in 1:1 scale (made of terra cotta). If you are interested in DVD sets on The Silk Road, see my new entry on the TV thread.

If you're into Viking games, my favorites are Sword and Axe (Historical), Blood Rage (Mythological), 878 Vikings: Invasions of England (two player) and Yggdrasil (mythological co-op; recently redone with a standing 3D tree). I have reviews of the first two posed up on BGG.
Old January 30th, 2021, 08:27 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

What are your ten favorite board games? Here are mine, not necessarily in order:

1. Heroscape
2. Magic Realm
3. Above and Below
4. Forgotten Waters
5. Star Trek Ascendancy
6. Prophecy
7. BatteLore 1st edition
8. Star Trek Fleet Captains
9. Wabbit Wampage/Wabbit's Wevenge
10. Tales of the Arabian Nights

Old January 30th, 2021, 09:07 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

1. Superheroscape
2. Sentinels of the Multiverse
3. Gloomhaven
4. Terraforming Mars
5. San Juan
6. Agricola
7. Dominion
8. Star Trek Ascendacy
9. Coup
10. Dead of Winter

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 31st, 2021, 10:04 AM

Is anyone playing Heroscape on Steam/TTS? Apparently there is a group on there with almost 300 players. Is it fun? Are the mods any good? Are there any threads about it here on the site?
Old January 31st, 2021, 10:07 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I've only played C3G on it but there are lots of folks who play Valhalla games as well. I enjoy it. The Heroscapers Discord is the best place to get more information about it.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games