Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old September 29th, 2015, 05:31 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Darkseid

R&C section is out-of-date here
Old October 29th, 2016, 04:16 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
So...

This seems relevant here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post

I love Gor'Vath's "anti-aura". Unfortunately, with it's minimum post-effect attack/defense roll, it raises order-of-operation issues with other bonuses and penalties that can't be cleanly resolved within the rules.

For example, imagine Gor'Vath adjacent to an Arrow Grut that has height and is adjacent to two Swog Riders. If I were playing the Arrow Grut I could argue that you impose Gor'Vath's penalty first, leaving my attack at 1, to which I would then apply my height and Swog bonuses, giving the Grut a final attack of 4. Contrariwise, were I playing Gor'Vath, I could argue that you apply all bonuses first, raising the Grut's attack to 4, then Gor'Vath's penalty is applied, leaving the Grut with an attack of 2.

Admittedly there is an official rule for handling unanswerable arguments like this-a d20 roll off-but it's a significant enough difference that I'm afraid it would result in a roll off everytime he's fielded.
~Dysole, who honestly just noticed it on the card as she was looking for another answer about Darkseid and then recalled this conversation

Last edited by Dysole; October 29th, 2016 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Heck, just make it Wasp with Bane, height, and Cap's Aura if you want that example
Old October 29th, 2016, 04:24 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Eh. I'm fine with the customary dice-off in cases where the difference is relevant. With stats being quite a bit higher in C3G than in classic, it's not going to come up that much for Darkseid. Worth FAQ'ing here and on Tombstone and Iron Monger (the only other units with the same/similar powers, off the top of my head), but probably doesn't need anything more than that.

EDIT:

[potential FAQ removed in deference to Viegon's below-mentioned ruling]

Not immediately certain that height advantage would similarly require a dice-off, but my instinct is that it also would.

Something else to ponder: does Darkseid subtract a figure with 0 Defense up to 1? Doubt anyone would play it that way, because it's obviously not the intent. But I do like the goofiness of Jason getting a boost from Imposing Presence. (EDIT 2: I see now that came up early in the thread, and the answer was a resounding no, as I'd expect)

Last edited by Ronin; October 30th, 2016 at 09:59 AM.
Old October 29th, 2016, 07:12 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

This was actually ruled on over in Iron Monger's thread (discussion started here, I put an FAQ together here), but it looks like the FAQ never got added to his OP (and copied over here).

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old October 29th, 2016, 08:26 PM
Symbiotic

I'm okay with that ruling and FAQ as well.
Old February 11th, 2017, 11:53 PM

Jaur0n is surprisingly tart

Darkseid is probably my favorite custom so far but I have a question. In a game when you play against an event figure it's my understanding his omega beams cannot destroy even if he rolls a 19 or 20. If I happen to roll say 6 hits against an event figure, and then roll a 19 for omega beams, do I only get to enforce 4 hits (in place of destroying) or can I choose the 6 hits and be done with it / not even roll the 20D?
It does say I must roll it, but seems strange to penalize this attack when successful.
Old February 11th, 2017, 11:58 PM
Symbiotic

You roll the 20-sided die after the defending figure receives wounds. So in that scenario, the Event Hero takes 6 wounds, you roll the 20-sided die and get your 19/20, and then you put 4 more wounds on it.
Old February 12th, 2017, 12:12 AM

Jaur0n is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
You roll the 20-sided die after the defending figure receives wounds. So in that scenario, the Event Hero takes 6 wounds, you roll the 20-sided die and get your 19/20, and then you put 4 more wounds on it.
'

Interesting, I think I've been playing this wrong. Does the defending player get a chance to defend against the attacks first, then at least one has to go unblocked or I take a damage? I for whatever reason decided it meant if I failed to roll a hit, but I'm thinking now it means if I fail to actually damage the figure. Against certain figures, this attack is probably more likely to damage me than the defender if say they have an ability where a blank means no damage or 1 block = no damage.
Old February 12th, 2017, 12:31 AM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaur0n View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
'

Interesting, I think I've been playing this wrong. Does the defending player get a chance to defend against the attacks first, then at least one has to go unblocked or I take a damage? I for whatever reason decided it meant if I failed to roll a hit, but I'm thinking now it means if I fail to actually damage the figure. Against certain figures, this attack is probably more likely to damage me than the defender if say they have an ability where a blank means no damage or 1 block = no damage.
Sounds like you're on the right track now. First you resolve the attack of 7 like you would any other attack: you roll attack dice, the player whose figure you're attacking rolls defense dice and the defending figure takes any wounds. Then, if:
-the defending figure took at least one wound from the attack, you get to roll the 20-sided die for a crack at destroying them.
-the defending figure did not take any wounds from the attack, Darkseid takes a wound.

And yeah, you probably don't want to use it on someone with a dodge power like Flash or Spider-Man. Darkseid's apt to get burned that way.
Old July 30th, 2019, 11:33 PM
See the Book of Sporx for updates.

Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hyper technical proofreading. “Opponents’ figures” in imposing presence in the PDF, but singular in SP (“Opponent’s). Not sure this is the level of proofreading you want.
Old August 21st, 2019, 11:21 PM
See the Book of Sporx for updates.

Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Bump. Just checking for a ruling on this one. I can either ignore the "opponents'" vs "opponent's" conflicts as I proofread, because it is super, super, minor, or I can point them out.

Whichever works best for you guys and gals! Thanks!
Old August 22nd, 2019, 08:26 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think this is one for the Heroes to decide - and probably the Art Dept. in particular, since they'd be on the hook for the updates. So @japes for this and others like it.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library