Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books
Books Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

View Poll Results: What do you think of the Harry Potter series?
I love the Harry Potter books! 47 52.22%
I like the Harry Potter books! 19 21.11%
The Harry Potter books are okay. 3 3.33%
I hate the Harry Potter books. 10 11.11%
I have not read enough/any to make a call. 11 12.22%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 2nd, 2011, 06:13 AM

Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Harry Potter

I really like the HP books. I've noticed that as the seiries goes on, and the character ages, the books become darker. Each story becomes more sinister, more people start to die. It's apparant in the movies as well. if you were to watch the first movie, so full of colors that stand out, and the final movie (or part 1 of the final movie) everything is gloomy, grey, and depressing. you will notice a complete change of atmosphere. I believe this change started in the 4th book
Old June 2nd, 2011, 07:47 AM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!

What? No "I don't like it because it is devil worship" option?"

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...
Old June 2nd, 2011, 09:08 AM
Except when I need the move boost

I Hate Atlaga knows what's in an order marker I Hate Atlaga knows what's in an order marker I Hate Atlaga knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardris1287 View Post
I really like the HP books. I've noticed that as the seiries goes on, and the character ages, the books become darker. Each story becomes more sinister, more people start to die. It's apparant in the movies as well. if you were to watch the first movie, so full of colors that stand out, and the final movie (or part 1 of the final movie) everything is gloomy, grey, and depressing. you will notice a complete change of atmosphere. I believe this change started in the 4th book
Totally true. It also corresponds with the length of the books doubling from book 4 on. I loved them, and read them all in about a week. . .

I Hate Atlaga is the Roman Legionnaire...
in THE CLOCK TOWER
Old June 30th, 2011, 10:21 AM

Gladitor Woo who?

Harry Potter.

Can we have a poll about who likes the Character Harry Potter? Because I have noticed that through the entire 5 book he treats his friends like crap.

Has anyone noticed that the least talked about house is ravenclaw? That kinda pisses me off because that's my house.

I've read every book 2 times, my whole family, (minus mom and dad), loves em.

About a month ago my mom bought my family 2 day park hopper passes to harry potter world! I bought a wand 31 dollars for anyone who cared. And a ravenclaw scarf. 35 dollars.

Why do they call it harry potter world? More people are involved in the series than only harry potter.

I'm the fart in the air conditioning, I'm always there, but usually, you never notice.

~Orson Scott Card~
Old June 30th, 2011, 10:53 AM

bumper15 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladitor View Post
Why do they call it harry potter world? More people are involved in the series than only harry potter.
He's the chosen one, and the series is also called Harry Potter and the... It would also sell more than Ron Weasley world. I however am a fan of them just calling it Hogwarts.
Old June 30th, 2011, 11:06 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

It's absolutely amazing I've missed this thread for this long.

I'll preface by saying that I've read every Potter book at least 3 times. I've probably read Goblet of Fire and Deathly Hallows 6+ times.

Quote:
Harry Potter.

Can we have a poll about who likes the Character Harry Potter? Because I have noticed that through the entire 5 book he treats his friends like crap.
You're right, he treats everyone like crap for this whole book. However, this is done on purpose by JKR, and is meant to reflect the fact that now that Voldemort is back, his connection to Harry's mind (i.e., the piece of his soul residing in his head) is causing Harry to experience more rage and behave more aggressively. Once Voldything starts to be afraid of the connection at the end of OotP and in HBP, Harry's OK again.

Quote:
Has anyone noticed that the least talked about house is ravenclaw? That kinda pisses me off because that's my house.
Yeah... Hufflepuff doesn't really get any love either, but it's only because the main characters are mostly Gryffindors and Slytherins. I do think it's kind of cool that had the "trio" not been sorted into Gryffindor due to their bravery, they probably would've each been sorted into different houses (Harry to Slytherin due to Voldything's soul and resourcefulness, Ron to Hufflepuff because he's just very loyal, and Hermoine to Ravenclaw because she's super smart and logical).

Quote:

Because the books are called "Harry Potter and ...."

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old July 5th, 2011, 12:44 PM

Gladitor Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumper15 View Post
Quote:
He's the chosen one, and the series is also called Harry Potter and the... It would also sell more than Ron Weasley world. I however am a fan of them just calling it Hogwarts.

I'm the fart in the air conditioning, I'm always there, but usually, you never notice.

~Orson Scott Card~
Old July 13th, 2011, 05:39 PM

Ace_of_Spades knows what's in an order marker Ace_of_Spades knows what's in an order marker

I really like the Harry Potter series too. I do find some of the books boring, namely the first and sixth. Not that I have anything against it, but I have noticed that the only holiday celebrated is Christmas and it shows up in every movie (I think). My favorite characters are definately Fred and George. Their pranks are always funny (especially near the end of book five with Umbridge as headmaster).

The last movie is coming out tomorrow at midnight, does anyone else plan on watching it?
Old February 1st, 2012, 02:39 AM

JaclynR is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

i remember i was looking forward to every new HP book
i didn't go to sleep before i finished one
even though i was already a grown up when the last ones came out i still enjoyed every word
kind of miss reading them for the 1st time
Old October 1st, 2012, 01:38 PM
Girl (Super)Power!

Strange_Love rolls all skulls baby! Strange_Love rolls all skulls baby! Strange_Love rolls all skulls baby! Strange_Love rolls all skulls baby!

My first experience with Harry Potter was with my grandmother. She volunteered at the local Library and brought it home to me and said that everyone was talking about it. She started reading it to me. (I was That was how it began. She only got threw the third chapter before I had to go home but I made my dad go buy the book with me so that we could start reading it together. My dad read them to me while I was younger and then as I got older we would read them separately and discuss. My favorite book was by far Half Blood Prince. I balled my eyes out. My least favorite was the fourth. I have watched all the movies but I pick them apart.

Old October 1st, 2012, 01:41 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

I guess I should link this here in case anyone wants to help out:

Harry Potter Custom Heroscape Project

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books