Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old May 12th, 2009, 04:03 PM

Einar's_Strategist knows what's in an order marker Einar's_Strategist knows what's in an order marker
Re: Union Soldier

if you want to play... have fun... you do realize that they have equal threat area (12), and I don't have to make a aquare, i could line them up (new figures: 1 auto (times 4) 1+2(the middle two of the line) attack (times 2), 1+1(ones on the end) (times 2), so thats... 4 skulls (auto)+ 6 dice+4 dice= average 4 skulls+3 skulls+2 skulls= average of 9 skulls... against deathwalker's average of 3 defense... add in DW syndrome... now we just have to figure out who gets to fire first...
Old May 12th, 2009, 11:50 PM

Will T is surprisingly tart

Any Confederate Squad would have to have a Rebel Yell special ability.
Old May 13th, 2009, 06:12 AM

Einar's_Strategist knows what's in an order marker Einar's_Strategist knows what's in an order marker

I know that much, but would it do?
rebel yell:
all enemy charecters withen x of confederates role d20, 12 or higher they wet themselves?
Old May 13th, 2009, 06:40 AM

RobWeaver has disabled reputation

LOL - linear warfare is vulnerable to artillery fire like that. Shrapnel was designed to cause greatest casualties on an advancing line before it got a chance to fire. Mid-19th century case shot, though, is inexact and less than efficient. Canister, however, is very effective against a line. In effect, the DW9K is acting like a cannon firing cannister.
Historically, the antidote is to spread your line out into skirmishers, but then you lose the advantages of massing your fires and command and control.

Not one step backwards!
Old May 13th, 2009, 03:23 PM

well then, I guess my units even get somewhat historical accuracy, mixed in with a unique ability that makes a nice replacement for the semi-worn wait then fire ability.
Old May 13th, 2009, 04:04 PM

funnymarx has disabled reputation

Why not pick a Union unit that really had a technological advantage -- like Wilder's mounted infantry brigade or a late war cavalry regiment? Then you could give the whole squad the following ability

"Repeaters" -- Whenever a [name of the unit] attacks a non-adjacent figure, it may make a second attack against a non-adjacent figure.

The notion of gaining attack dice for adjacent friendly figures seems more thematic for earlier periods... certainly linear volley fire was still the foundation of tactics in ACW, but the broken nature of the terrain tended to result in more open order formations.

Re: a CSA unit, I agree with Will T above -- "Rebel Yell" is a must. One option would be:

"Rebel Yell" -- Any figure defending against an attack from an adjacent [confederate soldier] rolls one less defense dice.
Old May 13th, 2009, 04:32 PM

thats an interesting thought... but would it stack if you got like say... a max (six) around it, would it get -6 defense (goodbye all you supposed swarm defenders... just let me get near you

but really, i do agree. Now maybe another ability that could fill in and stat finalizations, and I'll be ready to add that confederate....
Old May 13th, 2009, 06:05 PM
a lot of people... think I'm a girl

tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby!

I think a union soldier would be better being a general with a sword. He could have like soldier bonding kind of like Marcus. He could be pretty good.

I love birdies and butterflies and rainbows and unicorns and glitter.
Old May 13th, 2009, 06:09 PM

well, maybe I/we can design one later.
Old May 13th, 2009, 06:15 PM

NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker

I like the Rebel Yell ideas. Another thing that the (Insert name here) could possibly have is another bonding unit, like a cannon. A bonding unit that, depending on the amount of (Insert name here) next to the cannon, Attack would rise and it would get a double attack (fast reload)

If pro is the opposite of con, is progress the opposite of congress?
America is the only place in the world where a pizza delivery guy gets to your house faster than an ambulance.
--NightSwipe--
Old May 13th, 2009, 06:24 PM

well, I've decided on calling it the 1st Maine, unless anyone has any other suggestions.
Old May 13th, 2009, 07:28 PM

funnymarx has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einar's_Strategist View Post
well, I've decided on calling it the 1st Maine, unless anyone has any other suggestions.

I'd advise against that... according to the Maine state archives at

http://www.state.me.us/sos/arc/archi...war/1meinf.htm

the 1st Maine was a 90 day regiment formed in 1861 that was disbanded after the term of enlistment was up. So, unless you want Kyrie generals snatching troops out of their barracks, perhaps pick a unit that had some combat honors.

If you're looking for a Maine regiment (perhaps you're from Maine?), why not the 20th (famous for their defense of Little Round Top on the 2nd day of Gettysburg)? Or, to be a bit more obscure, but more in keeping with the Heroscape lore of Kyrie generals snatching warriors out of tough situations, why not the 16th Maine? According to

http://www.gettysburg.stonesentinels.com/ME/16Me.php

a large portion of the regiment got surrounded at the unfinished railway on the first day of Gettysburg... who's to say that Einar didn't snatch a few of them away before the rest went to Andersonville?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards