Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you still want common squads on the Prize Table?
Yes - You can't have enough squads 36 78.26%
No - I have all the HS squads I could ever use 4 8.70%
Don't Care either way 6 13.04%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 13th, 2009, 06:04 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Prize Table ( Tree Town Open )

With most of us having enough HS figures is there still any interest in having squads on the lower prize table or is this now a waste of entry fee money?

My feeling is I could reduce the entry fee back down to $5 (from $10) if we elimated the common squads from the prize table due to the fact most of us have all the figures we will ever need.

Question 2:
TTO 2 & 3 the tourney t-shirts were donated and everyone got one free, last year we charged for them only made a couple dozen shirts (Most of those went to our sponsers). I would also like to know if a tourney t-shirt is important. Based on last year I would guess they are not. Please let me know as I want to spend my time getting prizes everyone really wants.

Front of 2006 T-Shirt ( given free to everyone who attended TTO II )

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...957/ttoIII.jpg

Back

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023

Last edited by Codeman; February 14th, 2009 at 05:09 PM. Reason: added T-Shirt question
Old February 13th, 2009, 11:31 PM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Prize Table ( Tree Town Open )

Personally Im still working on getting multiples of a lot of commons. Ive never been to a TTO before and look forward to my first one this year. Id still enjoy the commons but would not be broken hearted if cut them out.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Old February 13th, 2009, 11:42 PM

Nathify is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I don't even have multiples of the commons yet! I'm still trying to get one of everything!
Old February 13th, 2009, 11:56 PM

LUCKE13 knows what's in an order marker LUCKE13 knows what's in an order marker

I was fine with the $10 fee this year. I don't necessarily need any more common squads, but I still think they are the perfect lower level prize.
Old February 14th, 2009, 05:27 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Note: I also added a second question to the fist post.

Question 2:
TTO 2 & 3 the tourney t-shirts were donated and everyone got one free, last year we charged for them only made a couple dozen shirts (Most of those went to our sponsers). I would also like to know if a tourney t-shirt is important. Based on last year I would guess they are not. Please let me know as I want to spend my time getting prizes everyone really wants.

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Old February 14th, 2009, 05:40 PM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness

How about having a few for prize table instead of 1 for everyone? I know it isn't cheap to have a bulk amount of Tshirts made. Having a couple for the prize table will mean those who still want one have a shot. Tshirts are great to have but unless youre getting them donated I would think it better to spend that money on actual Heroscape to play with.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Old February 14th, 2009, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubobj View Post
How about having a few for prize table instead of 1 for everyone? I know it isn't cheap to have a bulk amount of Tshirts made. Having a couple for the prize table will mean those who still want one have a shot. Tshirts are great to have but unless youre getting them donated I would think it better to spend that money on actual Heroscape to play with.
I work thru the year to get almost all the prizes donated as well as our venue where we play free of charge. I'm going to guess most everyone left the TTO III & TTO IV with $40 plus in prizes for their $10 entry fee, of course the top twenty of so left tree town with more prizes than that yet

Every year I have had the past year(s) t-shirts on the prize table, and for the TTO V this October, I still have a few left to give away. Just not sure if we will make a 2009 t-shirt

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Old February 14th, 2009, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codeman View Post

Every year I have had the past year(s) t-shirts on the prize table, and for the TTO V this October, I still have a few left to give away. Just not sure if we will make a 2009 t-shirt
If you have so many left over from years before my vote then would be to scrap the tshirts. I'm really interested in hearing what others have to say on this as well since I've been thinking about tshirts for my June touney. I always thought tshirts was something everyone wanted at tournaments.

Old February 14th, 2009, 08:03 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathify View Post
I don't even have multiples of the commons yet! I'm still trying to get one of everything!
But will you be attending the tournament in question?
Old February 16th, 2009, 03:25 PM

Supergeek knows what's in an order marker Supergeek knows what's in an order marker

I love me some TTO T-shirts and I also like the squad lower prize table, however I think that you should do whatever is easiest for you. You already put plenty of work into this event.
I will be fine with whatever you decide.

I <3 HeroScape tournaments!
Old February 16th, 2009, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergeek View Post
I love me some TTO T-shirts and I also like the squad lower prize table, however I think that you should do whatever is easiest for you. You already put plenty of work into this event.
I will be fine with whatever you decide.
Thanks,
Getting an assortment of common expansions is not diffucult, however over the course of four Iowa & twice that many Minnesota tournaments I thought maybe people would rather have a different prize table set up. We we started I thought it was a good idea but over time I thought most of us have everything we may need plus some we may not need . I just want to keep on top of things and have a great prize table for everyone that make their way to Tree Town.... I didn't want people to take a set of commons that they don't really need or want. It the early days I think the lower prize table had it place and worked out well ... I just want to make sure it still is as valid as it was in the early tourn

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Old February 17th, 2009, 05:13 PM
is late for dinner.

Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby!

I would be broken-hearted if I could no longer get tourney t-shirts! I think I have every t-shirt design produced for a Tree Town tourney, plus one from Austin. Just brainstorming here: would it be easier to sell shirts through something like CafePress? That way the shirts are made to order, previous years' shirts would always be available, and you don't have to handle them. (Edit: Plus I could finally get a TTO coffee mug )

Regarding the "commons table"...I voted to keep it, but to be honest it wouldn't make me as sad as seeing the shirts go.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion