Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old June 1st, 2014, 02:46 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
You'll have to leave the Marvel Dice Masters at home and play SoG You and that legendary lunch of yours You will need some time and space to get in SoG at lunch.
It's funny you mention it because I just "acquired" a large tabletop for/from work. It will be more than big enough for 2 sea mats. Since we can leave it up indefinitely, we will now be able to play WWX, Dust Warfare, etc. at work. I am torn because starting the middle of June, World Cup "lunch" will eat into game lunches for a little while, but it is only once every 4 years.

"Acquired" eh?

Sounds like you will have some even more awesome lunch "hours" to come. After the World Cup, you can make plenty of use out of that table. Would love to see some pix for sure of WWX, Dust, SoG (dual mats and all) etc.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old June 1st, 2014, 03:47 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Played my first two games of FIREFLY with Breakin' Atmo and Pirates and Bounty Hunters; a 4 and a 3 player game respectively of two of the three new PBH story cards. We had so much fun that we're going to play the third next week! Taeblewalker won them both, so the rest of us will be seeking revenge!

TW burst out ahead both times. In the first game though, we caught up, and it ended 5 Goals to 4 to 4 to 4. They don't get any closer than that. The second game, after Sherman Davies had to leave, he won 4 Goals to 2 to 1; a clearer victory. Thanks to my pal Tag for ordering me both expansions for last Christmas. He's also getting me two of those storage trays I mentioned upthread. Shiny.
Old June 1st, 2014, 04:39 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Cool. I almost picked up Firefly last time I was at the comic book store but I was already over budget. Maybe next time.

Looking forward to hearing more about your upcoming match.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old June 1st, 2014, 05:45 PM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm with T, almost got it, but it went over my budget a tad, so I opted against it. I've been getting a lot of work lately, so I'm hoping I'll have some $$ available to purchase it soon. I really like that it is popular enough to get expansions, so many games fizzle out before they can get that much popularity, go Firefly!
Old June 1st, 2014, 07:15 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!

Battlecon: Devastation of Indines

This is that super-fun game patterned after video game fighters. There's a Kickstarter that just began for a reprint of the revised War of Indines. I have the Print and Play, but decided to back the Kickstarter. Devastation is loaded with so much content that only my completionist's OCD is the only explanation for adding to it.

A person has written a great computer program that allows you to play the game against the computer's A.I., so I've dusted the game to test my mettle.

I love this game.

I stink at this game on toast.

I stink at this game as if it will somehow make people pity me and send me money.

I still love this game.

Summoner Wars

Akden and I have been battling at the IOS version ever since we started some time shortly after the app was initially released. Other than two other folks, he's really been my only opponent. I'm happy with having only one opponent where I can casually send only one or two moves per day. He wins 2 out of 3 games, which means he's challenging without making me feel as if I'm playing Battlecon.

We had attempted playing the physical game via PM some time ago, and it worked really well. I let him know I recently purchased the 8 second summoners decks, so we're cranking the physical game for another round via PM. He's taking the Sand Goblins, while I'm taking the Swamp Orcs. It's interesting that we both opted for one of the basic-16 that we haven't played instead of heading for the second summoners directly. But we have plenty of time, we have plenty of patience, and he has a board-destroying cat that may come into play.
Old June 1st, 2014, 10:00 PM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I've wanted to try out Summoner Wars, but having 5-6 players in my game group, I didn't want to get a game that seems intended for 2.
Old June 1st, 2014, 10:06 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlhsl View Post
I love this game.

I stink at this game as if it will somehow make people pity me and send me money.

I still love this game.
Take comfort in knowing that there are two of us.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old June 2nd, 2014, 06:10 AM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlhsl View Post
I love this game.

I still love this game.
Take comfort in knowing that there are two of us.

(Notes added in parentheses for readers unfamiliar with this game.)

I know what I'm doing wrong. I'm pretty bad in any game in focusing only on what I'm doing without really considering what my opponent might do. So when I pick my attack pair (two cards you select in this game that combine their effects), I'm selecting them as if the other side is simply going to stand still and not stun me (if a player hits the opponent first in a "round," that character is stunned and can't fight back unless that character has Stun Guard).

In my last game with the A.I., I did pick up the opponent's cards and examine the possible priority (determines who acts first) possibilities. I noted one card the A.I. would likely want to play and selected my pair to tie that possible priority, which I succeeded in doing (When both players select attack pairs that tie in priority, that's a clash which forces both players to replace one of the cards with another available. This effectively cancels those originally selected cards).

But I won't take my opponent's cards when playing an actual person. I really should start looking at the reference card (Each character has a reference card you give your opponent. The opponent can use this to see all of the stats for that character's cards.).

Another problem is when I have a game with lots of characters, teams, etc., I want to try a different one each time. This game really rewards getting to know each character and learning the best way to play each one to their strengths. Summoner Wars is similar in some ways, as that game also requires you to play each faction to their unique abilities.

Still, it's a fun game. My nephews enjoy it, so I'll have willing people to play against when I visit. In the meantime, the computer program will give me practice.
Old June 2nd, 2014, 08:43 AM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

I've been getting some good games in the last few weeks:

Star Realms: !!! The first deckbuilder we've played, it's a lot of fun. The boys kept asking to play again, always a good sign.

Boss Monster: !! Fun video-game inspired card game. Not terribly "deep" and I wish the "Heroes" you fight had some varied abilities.

Machine of Death: ! A Kickstarter I got as a birthday present. It's basically a themed improv game. I want to like this more, I think it will do better with more than two players.

Bohnanza: !! Beans, beans, great for your heart!
Old June 2nd, 2014, 08:57 AM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
Boss Monster: !! Fun video-game inspired card game. Not terribly "deep" and I wish the "Heroes" you fight had some varied abilities.
I am on a card in that game! One of the thieves is me. Joman Chimm. Rearrange the letters to get my name. I paid a little extra (literally "a little!") to get a card illustrated and a name & flavor text chosen by me.

The "twinkle in his eye" matches the one in my avatar.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old June 2nd, 2014, 10:00 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Played my RPG: Heores or Dead.
We ran through the scenario for Gen Con and had a blast. I think we just about have it dialed in. Lots of plots, intrigue and even murder most foul.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old June 2nd, 2014, 12:03 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
I am on a card in that game! One of the thieves is me. Joman Chimm. Rearrange the letters to get my name. I paid a little extra (literally "a little!") to get a card illustrated and a name & flavor text chosen by me.

The "twinkle in his eye" matches the one in my avatar.
Cool!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games