Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old May 8th, 2008, 01:36 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Arkmer - what's your army idea?

Now that Truth has even more anticipatory juices pumping with his blog post revealing Arkmer's card ( http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=261 ) I'm eager to see everyone's ideas for 400-600 point armies involving him. I'll go first with a 500 point army:

Sonlen 160
Arkmer 50
Kyntela Gwyn 20
2xWarriors of Ashra
1xAubrien Archers 70

Clearly Ulginesh will make Arkmer armies fairly common, but even without him I think there are some excellent elven synergies now. Sonlen is the real punch of this army - boosted by Arkmer and KG's defensive help. Surrounded by the WoA these guys are melee impenetrable. The AA make a nice second range force with the ever present frenzy opportunity.

So what wizardly thoughts have been percolating through YOUR mind?

~Aldin, who thinks Arkmer probably spends a lot of time singing "lean on me"

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old May 8th, 2008, 01:45 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Arkmer - what's your army idea?

Arkmer - 50
Ulginesh - 150 (assuming he hasn't changed)
Aubrien Archers x2 - 140
Acolarh - 110
Kyntela - 20
Eldgrim -30
TOTAL - 500

Fast moving and lots of shooting with arrows and magic, as elves should be.

Arkmer - 50
Ulginesh - 150
Acolarh -110
WoA x3 - 150
Kyntela - 20
Isamu - 10 (because Marcu could do some real damage in an elf start zone)
TOTAL - 490

Melee version of the first army. Then one that seems like a no-brainer:

Arkmer - 50
WoA x3 - 150
Sonlen - 160
Aubrien Archers x2 - 140
TOTAL - 500

You've got lots of commons, two good beatsticks (as long as you keep Arkmer surrounded), range and melee, and a healer!
Old May 8th, 2008, 02:04 PM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!

Rangers of the Home Tree
Akmer 50
Kyntela 20
Syvarris 100
Aubrien Archers x3 210
Acolarh 110
------------------
490 pts.

I guess you could throw in Isamu for 500 points. *sigh* I hope we get more 10 point units soon.
Old May 8th, 2008, 02:10 PM
stop starring at my burrito

AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker

Akmer: 50
Ulginesh: 150
Morsbane: 100
Acolarh: 110
Kyntela: 20
AA: 70
500 pts

This army can move almost all of its figures each round (minus AA) by using all 3 markers on Ulginesh, and bonding with 2 wizards each for the first 2 turns, then using Ulginesh himself the 3rd turn.

for 600pts,
1)thow in syvarris, or
2)another set of AA and Marcu/Isamu or
3) 2x WoA

Please keep signatures short.
Old May 8th, 2008, 02:21 PM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmishBurrito View Post
Akmer: 50
Ulginesh: 150
Morsbane: 100
Acolarh: 110
Kyntela: 20
AA: 70
500 pts
That makes me wonder if one of those other elves that we haven't seen yet just so happens to be a 70 point wizard...
Old May 8th, 2008, 02:44 PM

Rifier_Ace is surprisingly tart

How about this:
Akmar -50
Ulginesh -200
Aubrien Archers x2 -360
Acolarh -470
WoA x2 -570
Kyntela -590
Isamu -600
Old May 8th, 2008, 02:52 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Arkmer - 50
Kyntela Gwyn - 20
Ulginesh - 150
Syvarris - 100
Aubrien Archers x2 - 140
Theracus - 40

Total = 500

The ol' Theracus / Syvarris combo, some wizard bonding, Frenzying Archers and the guy I think has the potential to become one of the best cleanup figures ever in Ulginesh (assuming he's the same as Gencon, but probably not).

We're going to have to wait until Ulgy is respoiled and until we see Jordawn and/or the Dark Elf guy before we can fully appreciate Arkmer methinks, but I still like him. I'm digging the cheap heroes though with Arkmer and Zetacron. They're giving Me-Burq-Sa a run for his money!

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old May 8th, 2008, 02:53 PM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifier_Ace View Post
How about this:
Akmar -50
Ulginesh -200
Aubrien Archers x2 -360
Acolarh -470
WoA x2 -570
Kyntela -590
Isamu -600

Neat army at 600. It really covers such a wide range. The archers are only 140 though so with 20 more points you could replace Isamu with Guilty or something like that.
Old May 8th, 2008, 02:55 PM

AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker

Where is Morsbane in your armies people!?

The whole purpose of introducing all these new elf wizards and Ulginesh was specifically to bring Morsbane back into play.

Plus, he can really cripple some figures!
Think of:
Krug w/o double attack or bonus dice from wounds
Q9 without Queglix
Braxas without Acid Breath
Nilfheim without Ice Shards
Jotun without Wildswing or Throw
KMA without stealth dodge

Not to mention he has a 5% chance of DESTROYING the figure....

Old May 8th, 2008, 03:07 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

My army? I will post my army after they reveal the other three elves. I am positive that the heavy hitters are yet to be revealed.

What does that staff do on the silver one? And anyone wielding fire has to be pretty strong.

That red/black guy looks like another elf wizard to me. He is also wielding fire.

Yeah, pretty much going to wait, as there appear to me to be 3 more elves coming with some significant power.

Premature speculation!

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old May 8th, 2008, 03:09 PM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Lots of good ideas. Are Ulginesh's stats/points certain at this point?
Old May 8th, 2008, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
My army? I will post my army after they reveal the other three elves. I am positive that the heavy hitters are yet to be revealed.

Yeah, pretty much going to wait as there appear to me to be 3 more elves coming with some significant power.

Premature speculation!
Just as long as you include Morsbane in your army, or you are going to make the designers sad.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion