Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media
Other Media Books, Music, Movies, Television, Comics, etc.

Old September 6th, 2007, 08:23 PM

Blackrock is surprisingly tart
A Thread Gone Mad - Who Wants to be a Superhero? Talkback

Do you think we might one day see characters from Stan Lee's show Who Wants to be a Superhero? incorporated into Marvelscape? At least the winners, Feedback and whoever we'll find out wins Season 2 by 11:00 EST tonight. If they at least got Heroclix figures, that'd be pretty cool; we could at least make customs then. I haven't seen the Marvelscape rules or studied the cards yet, so I'm not sure how it all works but I know I'd be pleased to see Feedback join the fray. I know that Dark Horse publishes a lot of indie comics, like Hellboy and The Goon, but seeing as Stan Lee runs the show, wouldn't Feedback & crew be considered Marvel canon?

UPDATE: Again, sorry for the revealed spoiler, I didn't think it would be such a big deal. For those of you just joining us, this started as a thread pondering if the Who Wants to be a Superhero? heroes might appear in Marvelscape one day, but we concluded they have no ties to Marvel canon. Now that the thread has been moved to Other Media from Marvel Discussion, feel free to discuss the outcome of Season 2, if you please.
Old September 6th, 2007, 08:26 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Technically, as of now, Stan Lee has NO legal contracts with Marvel. There's no current connection.

However, if there was, that would be kickass.
Old September 6th, 2007, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139
Technically, as of now, Stan Lee has NO legal contracts with Marvel. There's no current connection.
He doesn't? I've never been a comic book fan, so I'm pretty ignorant in this field.
Old September 6th, 2007, 08:45 PM

HS Beast has disabled reputation
Quote:
Actually, Stan Lee still holds a title of Chairman Emeritus with Marvel.

Not to mention he just did 'The Last Fantastic Four Story' with JRjr.

And before that did a series of 'Stan Lee Meets...' books.

So he still maintains a close relationship with the company, even if not affiliated.

How Beast won the right to be the first X-Man in Marvel Heroscape.
Old September 6th, 2007, 08:46 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by HS Beast
Quote:
Actually, Stan Lee still holds a title of Chairman Emeritus with Marvel.

Not to mention he just did 'The Last Fantastic Four Story' with JRjr.

And before that did a series of 'Stan Lee Meets...' books.

So he still maintains a close relationship with the company, even if not affiliated.
Well, true, but there's nothing in ink between them, really.
Old September 6th, 2007, 09:03 PM

Dartheyegouger is surprisingly tart
The Feedback comic was published by Dark Horse Comics.

Marvel Figure Suggestions for Wizards of the Coast
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=15733
Old September 6th, 2007, 09:58 PM

Temprit is surprisingly tart
Ouch, Marvel doesn't even make the comic.

No offense to Dark Horse.

"Showing off is the fool's idea of glory."
Old September 6th, 2007, 11:04 PM

I'm aware it's put out by Dark Horse; I don't know much about them though. I know they do some indie series but they could publish for other universes; or could they? I dunno. I guess, now that I think about it, this idea has fallen flat in that case...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoiler

Anyway, we can at least take a moment to say congratulations to Jarrett Crippen: The Defuser!
Old September 6th, 2007, 11:35 PM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackrock
I'm aware it's put out by Dark Horse; I don't know much about them though. I know they do some indie series but they could publish for other universes; or could they? I dunno. I guess, now that I think about it, this idea has fallen flat in that case...

Anyway, we can at least take a moment to say congratulations to Jarrett Crippen: The Defuser!
DAMN IT! GIVE A SPOILER ALERT!

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old September 6th, 2007, 11:49 PM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
I AM SO PISSED RIGHT NOW! THANKS!

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old September 7th, 2007, 12:07 AM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Since this isn't the Other Media section where TV show spoilers are to be expected, I've edited your post to hide the spoiler.

When posting outside of the Other Media section, please try to be considerate and post spoiler warnings or hide your spoilers.
Old September 7th, 2007, 02:46 PM

HS Beast has disabled reputation
Re: Who Wants to be a Marvelscape Figure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackrock
Do you think we might one day see characters from Stan Lee's show Who Wants to be a Superhero? incorporated into Marvelscape?

I know that Dark Horse publishes a lot of indie comics, like Hellboy and The Goon, but seeing as Stan Lee runs the show, wouldn't Feedback & crew be considered Marvel canon?
But back to the actual topic at hand.... no.

Nothing that Stan Lee has done outside of Marvel would be Marvel Canon.

How Beast won the right to be the first X-Man in Marvel Heroscape.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media