Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Notices

View Poll Results: How many full Waves, common multiples would you buy?
1 full Wave (x1 commons) 44 52.38%
2 full Waves 11 13.10%
3 full Waves 8 9.52%
3+ full Waves 4 4.76%
x2 commons 21 25.00%
x3 commons 25 29.76%
x4 commons 3 3.57%
x4+ commons 6 7.14%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 15th, 2010, 03:46 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun
Custom Wave 14 poll: Total order size for a bulk discount?

Hello, fellow 'Scapers. Let's try this again, with a poll.

Now that HeroScape's future lies with the fanbase, we must determine how big that fanbase is. Using existing--not discontinued--miniature lines would help expand the game, but how many of a particular Unique would we need? How many squads? A player can't use an "approved" custom army card if he can't find the figure (a problem I had pursuing some C3G designs earlier this year). If we can lower the total cost-per-figure by ordering in bulk, I'd like to know how much we'd actually buy. This might give us more discount clout, if numbers needed to be in the hundreds (or thousands) to begin a production run. Caveat: I have no connection with customs projects.

Assume the following:
1) Wave 14 is the usual four-booster configuration: three-commons, one unique. A (7-figure) "booster pack" will cost 15-54% more. $15-$20 each, or $2-$3 per figure.

2) Most figures will be unpainted, some may require minor assembly (gluing appendages & weapons). All will require rebasing to 'Scape-compatible bases. [Impact Miniatures?]

3) Wave releases would be twice yearly; approaching deadlines will help fan interest for the upcoming release. Reissues of prior production runs might be added in for people who missed it the first time.
How many die-hard fans are there, really?
Please add your name & how much you'd realistically buy (full waves, common multiples). This is not an actual pre-order.

1) UtahScott - 1 Wave, x2 commons

Last edited by UtahScott; November 15th, 2010 at 04:07 PM.
Old November 15th, 2010, 03:53 PM

ReyRoberto is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Custom Wave 14 poll: Total order size for a bulk discoun

I could probably buy 1 full set, but would also like to know how much assembling I would need to do. Maybe extra commons if I have the $$$ and time for painting

The night is darkest just before the dawn.
Old November 15th, 2010, 05:26 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

It is way to early for this question. We don't know what type of custom figures will be created, what their powers will look like, or even how many figures in the first wave. Don't know if the figures would be prepainted, or require painting and assembly. How can you expect people to just flatly say they will buy 'X' amount of something they know nothing about? Regardless of what results you get from this poll, expect many of the people who respond to change their mind after all these unanswered questions are answered. Why not wait until we have more clarity concerning the 'custom wave' before gauging interest in having it mass produced?
Old November 15th, 2010, 07:44 PM

DWK9000 is surprisingly tart

First of all lets decide whats gonna be in the set, make sure the minis are in expensive to purchase and then design some abilities for the units. before we decide to mass produce things.
Old November 15th, 2010, 10:27 PM

Xiegfried knows what's in an order marker Xiegfried knows what's in an order marker Xiegfried knows what's in an order marker

I'd probably buy the same as I've been buying lately, 3x commons.
Old November 15th, 2010, 11:47 PM

wjscaper knows what's in an order marker wjscaper knows what's in an order marker

I put down 2 X commons and 2 X full pacs, but I might get 3 X commons. Depends on how soon this happeneds.
Old November 16th, 2010, 12:05 AM

Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker

You probably should have included a "0 waves" option if you want to really get an idea of the fanbase. Just saying... I'm not sure I would vote that but it should probably be an option.
Old November 16th, 2010, 01:22 AM

Faustus is surprisingly tart

I hope I voted correctly, but I always buy 1 of each unique set and 3 of each common set. I would do the same for this.

The outdoors is what happens when I'm going from one place to another.
Old November 17th, 2010, 08:43 PM

aeowyn Woo who?

3 full packs, but if painting is involved...im out.

Thanks for looking!

Great trade with Sherman Davies, Talyn
Old November 18th, 2010, 10:54 AM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

One set but the only assembly I'd want to do is bases to the body. Matching arms to the body and such is a pain.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; November 18th, 2010 at 10:55 AM. Reason: I don't mind painting.
Old November 18th, 2010, 10:57 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

I would not by any.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott View Post
I do not like the assertion that not buying any would somehow make me less of a fan.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; November 18th, 2010 at 11:09 AM.
Old November 18th, 2010, 04:03 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
I would not by any.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott View Post
I do not like the assertion that not buying any would somehow make me less of a fan.
R˙chean, I meant no such inference. All players are equal, though methods differ.

I think C3G Superheros are well-designed and playtested; I was excited enough about the announcement in January to search out several figures; nothing wrong with players who show no interest in SuperScape (or any other customs).

My intent in the OP was wondering aloud: would there be enough players willing to financially support a similar broadly-playtested "classic customs" project, if a preset threshhold needed to be met to cast an adequate number of figures?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News