Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old November 11th, 2018, 12:32 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Peter Stanchek (Design Phase)

Sounds like he should have SS based on the Jean Grey precedent.
Does he fly via mental powers?

Would these tweaks work? I just altered Grodd's power a bit to fit the direction you had.

PSIONIC FIELDS
If Sting or any friendly figure within 3 spaces of Peter is attacked and at least 1 skull is rolled, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card. If you do, the attacking figures may not attack any figure in your army.

TELEPATHIC COMMAND 15
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with Gorilla Grodd, you may choose any Unique Hero figure in clear sight of Gorilla Grodd. Roll the 20-sided die. Add 13 to your roll if the chosen figure is friendly. If you roll 15 or higher, take temporary control of that hero and immediately take a turn with the chosen Hero. At the end of the turn, control of the chosen Hero returns to the player who controlled the Hero before the Cognizant Control. All Order Markers that were on the chosen Hero's card will stay on the card.
Old November 11th, 2018, 12:39 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVenoc View Post
He's leveled part of a massive tower with his mind. I didn't realize that would qualify.

As it is it is negating one attack. I could see it being a prevention of all attacks against that figure that turn if he seems to come in underpowered for the mid/high 300s range.

Do people have thoughts on Telepathic Command? I'm concerned giving up the attack weakens him overall a bit too much. I like him being able to "control" allies, but I think there's no good concise way to do that here.

EDIT: Just counted. Peter has three more lines than Dracula. My immediate knee-jerk response is to rework Telepathic Command to be more like Grodd's one turn mind control. I know some liked his control, but the Scream should be more the "centerpiece" of the design than the control.
Well, one thing you can start with is cutting 'that does not have the Mental Shield special power' from Telepathic Command - Mental Shield makes them immune to mind-control as standard, that's what the power does.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old November 11th, 2018, 01:11 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Well, one thing you can start with is cutting 'that does not have the Mental Shield special power' from Telepathic Command - Mental Shield makes them immune to mind-control as standard, that's what the power does.
Indeed. If you cut that line, everything should fit, considering Dracula has 4 powers and we're working with 3 here. That means we don't need the extra in-between power space.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old November 11th, 2018, 01:35 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Can always try it on a card to check.

We should always strive to not be up against the minimum font size though.
Old November 11th, 2018, 03:02 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

On the SS front, more often then not it is used in my games to avoid falling damage so that is something I keep in mind when considering if it is a good fit for a character. If this figure gets thrown off a 20 story building, can they use their mental powers to 'feather fall' safely down to the ground in addition to being able to lift heavy objects with their mind? Then SS is a good way to represent that without trying to create a new power. Although in this case, since he has the flying power the falling question doesn't really matter as much unless flying is negated by a power or glyph.
Old November 12th, 2018, 02:29 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

It sounds like a power layout like this might be a good direction:

Quote:

TELEPATHIC COMMAND
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with Peter Stanchek, you may choose any Unique Hero figure within 3 clear sight spaces of Peter. Roll the 20-sided die. Add 10 to your roll if the chosen figure is friendly. If you roll 15 or higher, take temporary control of that hero and immediately take a turn with the chosen Hero. At the end of the turn, control of the chosen Hero returns to the player who controlled the Hero before the Telepathic Command. All Order Markers that were on the chosen Hero's card will stay on the card. You may not take any additional turns with figures after the Telepathic Command.

MENTAL SCREAM SPECIAL ATTACK
Range Special. Attack 4.
All enemy figures within three spaces of Peter are affected by Mental Scream Special Attack. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. After attacking with Mental Scream, chose one figure affected by the attack and roll a 20 sided die. If you roll a 20 and the chosen figure is not the only remaining card in the opponent's army, it may not have any order markers placed on its card during the next round.

PSIONIC FIELDS
If Sting or any friendly figure within 3 spaces of Peter is attacked and at least 1 skull is rolled, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card. If you do, the attacked figure may not be attacked for the remainder of the turn.

SUPER STRENGTH
FLYING
This gets rid of the permanent control for a mind control that allows for turns. This is a bit more in line with the typical usage of mind-control done by Harbingers, even though they are very capable of long-term control.

Do people like that change in direction? I know some seemed to be a fan of having to keep controlled units close. The extra turn potential might shoot the points up too high, as I'd like to see him in the 340-390 range in the end.

Last edited by LordVenoc; November 12th, 2018 at 05:38 PM.
Old November 12th, 2018, 04:05 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm only about 8 issues in but that looks more like what I've read than the original write up. Other than the one character to start the story, he doesn't really long term take control of anyone. It's usually a temporary thing. The +10 to Friendly may need to be brought down someway. Maybe limit it to Friendly Psiots and Telepaths or something. Only because he's already a powerhouse with this powerset. Getting free reign for a 50% chance with ANY figure in addition to a full turn with him will really boost his point total.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old November 12th, 2018, 06:01 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I like the change to the defensive power. Might need to clarify that the first attack is ignored, but it feels more like personal defensive action now where Prof. X just freezes everything.
Old November 12th, 2018, 10:49 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

I really enjoyed the permanent control that requires the figure to stay close because it’s unique and gives him a stark weakness to figures that can move him.

Mental Scream is still cool, and I think now the toll can come down to 17-19 since the effect isn’t as severe as it was before. It seems like there wouldn’t be much use for his normal attack, though, which is something I worry about.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old November 13th, 2018, 01:36 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
I'm only about 8 issues in but that looks more like what I've read than the original write up. Other than the one character to start the story, he doesn't really long term take control of anyone. It's usually a temporary thing. The +10 to Friendly may need to be brought down someway. Maybe limit it to Friendly Psiots and Telepaths or something. Only because he's already a powerhouse with this powerset. Getting free reign for a 50% chance with ANY figure in addition to a full turn with him will really boost his point total.
I agree it will need to be restricted more with the current layout. When it replaced his attack I wasn't so bothered, but that version felt off because the risk vs reward felt very off balance in that version. I could even see the friendly bonus being reduced even with specific friendlies being the ones to get the boost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Might need to clarify that the first attack is ignored
Good catch. I'll update that in the next draft of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
I really enjoyed the permanent control that requires the figure to stay close because it’s unique and gives him a stark weakness to figures that can move him.

Mental Scream is still cool, and I think now the toll can come down to 17-19 since the effect isn’t as severe as it was before. It seems like there wouldn’t be much use for his normal attack, though, which is something I worry about.
Yeah. As japes pointed out, long-term control isn't often used. And even then, some sort of focus breaking would do it before just distance would. It was basically a rework of Purple Man, but it also felt like that was the key point of Peter. It still feels more important than the other powers right now, but I think we're on the right track.

I think having a bigger range on the roll for the Scream could help. I do agree that I don't want him just doing that instead of his regular attack. It was always a big moment when he did use that in comic, so maybe reduce the roll but make it a once per round special attack?
Old November 13th, 2018, 01:44 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

You got japes to read the comic, nice.
I have been trying to get someone to read a 2000AD comic for years now.
Old November 13th, 2018, 02:39 PM
Book Wyrm

The first issue is a free download from Valiant themselves on their twitter page which I linked over in the Hangout thread. Even in the first issue you'll see a bit of why the design is this way, but a lot of the power level of him doesn't come out until later in the series.

I wish I knew where I could track down some 2000AD easily. I liked the Dredd movie, wouldn't dislike reading more.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library