Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

View Poll Results: Would You Allow This Custom
Yes I would allow it 19 95.00%
No, It needs some work before it's on my battlefield 1 5.00%
No, Other Reason's 0 0%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 25th, 2006, 10:31 PM
Web Wader

Fallen Templar is surprisingly tart
The Barrack's Voting Thread: The Argonauts

I'm redoing the votes for the Argonauts by Imax. They face an unfair disadvantage when they are put in seperate threads
Paladin

Bodybag

Shockwave

Reaper

FireBug

Sentinal

The Figures are a Grenadier Space Ranger circa 1984. www.em4miniatures.com sells a recast of the figures. They are sold unpainted and are metal.

"The fact is that a man who wants to act virtuously in every way necessarily comes to grief among so many who are not virtuous."- Niccolo Machiavelli

Old August 25th, 2006, 11:28 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Yes. Very cool group of characters and the cards are excellent in theme and quality. You should add the creator's name in the first post as well.

Newb.
Old August 25th, 2006, 11:36 PM

Gambit has disabled reputation
the argoonuats have to be the best group ever, they deserve to be in the halls of valhalla in my opinion, i bet you can guess what i voted by now, seeing as i was the guy that nominated them

i dont post that much

-Utradoug
a warhammer/HS site,im a mod there> www.miniwargames.net/forums
Old August 25th, 2006, 11:39 PM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Thanks, guys, that's very flattering.
Old August 25th, 2006, 11:40 PM
Web Wader

Fallen Templar is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityMax
Thanks, guys, that's very flattering.
Sorry Imax forgot to put your name

"The fact is that a man who wants to act virtuously in every way necessarily comes to grief among so many who are not virtuous."- Niccolo Machiavelli

Old August 25th, 2006, 11:49 PM

i also love the symbols you used both to repesent the argonauts "army" and the ones you put behind thier picture, that was a nice touch

i dont post that much

-Utradoug
Old August 26th, 2006, 12:30 AM

Widigo has disabled reputation
This is a sign of true talent. Beautifull paintjob awesome cards, and special abilitys to match, not to mention they re a set I like sets more than onesy twosys.

I am just going to bypass the rating system and say 1000000 % .
Old August 26th, 2006, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widigo
not to mention they re a set I like sets more than onesy twosys.
thats my faorite thing about them, alone they arent as good, but as you draft more they become more valuble

i dont post that much

-Utradoug
Old August 26th, 2006, 01:18 AM
Master Custom Creator

Doc_Savage is surprisingly tart
Great team - I voted yes.

"Just let the dirt shower over you" - Brennan Huff
"Do Good, Avoid Evil" - Charles N. Mahlman
Check out my Custom Cards
Check out my blog: http://docsavagetales.blogspot.com/
Old August 26th, 2006, 01:19 AM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
These have always been a very playable group - one of the stronger team entries in that great contest.
Old August 26th, 2006, 01:30 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by reapersaurus
These have always been a very playable group - one of the stronger team entries in that great contest.
That was a great contest! It was the commenting on each entry that drove me insane!

I really enjoy the Argonauts. They do seem very playable. Their abilities are creative and do not appear to be too overpowering. I like that the characters are space marines - a genre we had not seen too much of in the custom area back on HS.net.
Old August 26th, 2006, 02:21 AM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I have always loved these guys. They're my favorites from all the customs I've made. I play them a lot.

There was a discussion about the Thunderbolt Cannon, and it presented an extremely valid argument about the special weapon being more powerful than the standard, and with better range, to boot. I can't really justify that - the designers would have stomped that figure. But I can explain how I got there.

First, all the Argonauts are wearing armor that grants them their basic stats and the jump jets ability, so they all have the same stats. I deliberately reduced their attacks so that they would have to rely more on their teamwork to be effective. They are simply worthless if played as five separate heroes, but as a team, they can be very impressive.

Second, the Thunderbolt Cannon was initially created to do 1 die to 2 figures or 2 dice to 1. And then I tested it, and a special like that isn't worth anything. So I tried it again, this time with 2 dice against 3, 3 dice against 2, and 4 dice against 1. And it really worked, and made the figure worth the 100 (which is the standard for Argonauts) and was effective without being overpowered.

Craig and Rob would never consider units like these for the official game. Like I said, it's ack-baswords to have the special be better than the standard. But I couldn't accomplish what I meant to do without breaking that pretty standard rule, so I just shrugged and rolled with it. I've always really enjoyed playing the whole team, and Shockwave's discrepancy has never bothered me at all. I acknowledge that it's a problem, but I love playing them, and it's never bothered me at all.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards