Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old March 21st, 2014, 02:32 PM

aksisu11 knows what's in an order marker aksisu11 knows what's in an order marker aksisu11 knows what's in an order marker
Granite Guardians (Repaint Obsidians Guards)

Hello there fellow scapers! I've been looking through a ton of threads on here and I couldn't find anything kind of guide to repainting obsidian guards into granite guards

Could anybody point me in the right direction to finding a thread or guide to this repaint?
Old March 21st, 2014, 07:12 PM
...continue to abuse you with my mod powers (until Jim bans me).

Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Granite Guardians (Repaint Obsidians Guards)

Hmmmm... you're right....

I could have swore there was a guide around here....

~JS
Old March 21st, 2014, 08:21 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Just to be sure, you do know that you can just buy Granite Guardians right? You don't have to repaint anything yourself if you don't want to.

I don't know of any guides, but to get a basically accurate paint job I'd go with.

1. Paint the OGs a medium grey color.
2. Paint the crystals/flames a dark green.
3. Give the whole thing a black wash.
4. Go back and highlight/touch up with the first 2 colors as needed.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old March 21st, 2014, 08:28 PM

aksisu11 knows what's in an order marker aksisu11 knows what's in an order marker aksisu11 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Just to be sure, you do know that you can just buy Granite Guardians right? You don't have to repaint anything yourself if you don't want to.

I don't know of any guides, but to get a basically accurate paint job I'd go with.

1. Paint the OGs a medium grey color.
2. Paint the crystals/flames a dark green.
3. Give the whole thing a black wash.
4. Go back and highlight/touch up with the first 2 colors as needed.
Yeah I know but I have six squads of OB's and only one squad of granite guardians :/

Just wondering if anyone has posted anything about repainting them on here. Thanks for the idea tho!
Old March 21st, 2014, 10:50 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I was thinking about doing the same thing a while ago since I had only 1 squad of OG and just 2 of the GG. But I ended up picking up a 3rd squad of GG at a tournament so my OG are still red. I'm really glad I didn't go through with it as the OG are worth a whole lot more that the GG. I'd recommend hitting up the trade thread to see is someone would trade you some GG for OG's. With 6 squads of OG you have enough to spare for a trade and should be able to get back more GG than OG in any deal. So instead of painting 3 OG into 3 GG, you might be able to trade 6 OG for 9-12 GG.
Old March 21st, 2014, 10:59 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Hey, I think I have some extra GGs.

Would you like to trade GGs for the OGs?
Old February 3rd, 2022, 03:25 PM

shotgunshawn Woo who?

Does anyone have a picture of their backs they can post. I have some resin duplicates that were 3-d printed, but I don't know what to paint green on their backs. Every image I can find on the web is of their front.
Old February 4th, 2022, 12:36 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunshawn View Post
Does anyone have a picture of their backs they can post. I have some resin duplicates that were 3-d printed, but I don't know what to paint green on their backs. Every image I can find on the web is of their front.
It’s kind of a pain to put pics on here but it’s pretty straightforward so I’ll just tell you. First one. Big belly chonky guardian has a tuft at the base of the back of the neck, the only other spot is on the lower left elbow visible from the front. The medium waist sized dude has no foliage on the back side. Just the stuff seen from the front that wraps around a little. The skinny waisted one only has one tuff on the backside of his right elbow. That’s pretty much it. There isn’t a lot going on, on the backside of the models. Good luck and happy painting.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units