Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old December 14th, 2009, 06:01 PM

Vilsara is surprisingly tart
Re: Pokescape

True. I was wondering whether there would be a 2-3 limit on Uncommons, so I'm with you that we should wait to find out about them before throwing too many ideas around.

However, as for the power's effects itself... Assuming that "Uncommon" means more than one per army with a semi-strict limit, with each figure having multiple lives, and moving one figure per Order Marker...

-Attack would be 6 or 7 (3 attacks combined or a bonus for using the attack- unsure, but read the rest)

-Range would be equal to Pikachu's normal.

-Used when three Pikachu are adjacent to one another (a chain or triangle or whatever)

-Only 1 Pikachu needs to be adjacent, even if they didn't move this turn. This offsets the fact that you can only move one Pikachu per turn, and is more dynamic than full adjacency. Plus, a bit more realistic in the fact that only one Pikachu would need to collect the bundled energy and fire it off.

-If the attack rolls at least 2 skulls, perhaps choose two wounds to distribute amongst the Pikachu (to counter players that could overuse it)?

Overall, it would be pretty Pikachu-specific (aside from a few other Electric types, but not many) and would be nice and interesting (having a chain of electricity built up to fry the opponent would be fun :P ).

Ideas? Comments?

Funny, I haven't actually posted in the main forum for a while. Shame; I really need to get back into 'Scape.
Old December 14th, 2009, 06:06 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilsara View Post
-Attack would be 6 or 7 (3 attacks combined or a bonus for using the attack- unsure, but read the rest)

6 or 7 sounds right.

-Used when three Pikachu are adjacent to one another (a chain or triangle or whatever)

Agreed. We could even do it so that every Pikachu after the first 3 adds an extra attack die or two, although that might make it too wordy.

-Only 1 Pikachu needs to be adjacent, even if they didn't move this turn. This offsets the fact that you can only move one Pikachu per turn, and is more dynamic that full adjacency.

I think that a range of 3 spaces is better. Think about it, they are shooting lightning at the enemy figure. Giving it too much range would be very bad, but I think keeping it to 3 or 4 max range is much better than forcing adjacency.

-If the attack rolls at least 2 skulls, perhaps choose two wounds to distribute amongst the Pikachu (to counter players that could overuse it)?

Maybe if 2+ skulls are rolled you have to give one of the Pikas a wound and if 4+ are rolled then you have to distribute two?

Ideas? Comments?
Commented in DARK RED
Old December 14th, 2009, 06:11 PM

*Nods* Hmmm, yes... sounds good... yeah, I agree.

The range originally seemed like a problem to me, making it a bit overpowered (after all, if you target isolated foes, you can cause a lot of wounds without getting engaged). And, it also mean that the threat range for the attack is pretty large. But again, the idea of getting all three adjacent balances it out.

Agreed with the backlash wounds mod as well.

Funny, I haven't actually posted in the main forum for a while. Shame; I really need to get back into 'Scape.
Old December 14th, 2009, 06:14 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilsara View Post
The range originally seemed like a problem to me, making it a bit overpowered (after all, if you target isolated foes, you can cause a lot of wounds without getting engaged). And, it also mean that the threat range for the attack is pretty large. But again, the idea of getting all three adjacent balances it out.
Well, I feel like they kind of need the range. Think about it, these things are not that sturdy. I mean, 3 defense at 3 life? They will die in one or two turns to a ranged squad or a Q9. Plus they all have to get adjacent and and get set up and that is just a mess of order markers.

It needs the range. 4 range would probably be perfect.
Old December 14th, 2009, 07:03 PM
My Mask Fell Off...

minimoose38 is surprisingly tart

We could always make a squad of pikachus if we want them to have a zombie onslaught type ability.

Old December 14th, 2009, 07:22 PM

Being an Uncommon Hero with multiple lives would be nessecary if we want the backlash, though. It also would make it too easy to get into position.

In addition, making a them a common squad would be weird when determining who could attack. Could you only attack one? With all three? Etc. It would also negate the idea of bonuses for extra Pikas if you can draft a buncha squads of them.

Old December 14th, 2009, 07:39 PM
Caster of Crying

I don't think being a squad could work for any Pokemon.
Old December 14th, 2009, 07:41 PM

NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker

I agree with Vilsara and Warlord Alpha on the "Group Shock" idea. We shouldn't overpower it too much, but yet, it should have range. It would be difficult to organize three pikachus adjacent to an enemy figure, especially if that figure is a powerful hero. (Q9, Cyprien, etc.)

If pro is the opposite of con, is progress the opposite of congress?
America is the only place in the world where a pizza delivery guy gets to your house faster than an ambulance.
--NightSwipe--
Old December 14th, 2009, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord Alpha View Post
I don't think being a squad could work for any Pokemon.
I agree and disagree.

In terms of synergy, it would be interesting to have a bonding squad where a weaker, but still powerful (looking) Pokemon bonds with their evolution. I've actually got a Sneasel squad that bonds with Weaviles theoried up, and in an army, they look to be a good 200 points (125 for Weavile and 75 for the Squad) for efficient Hero hunting.

We aren't specifically limited to having our 'Mons as heroes, since a Sqaud-Hero bonding combo could open up a bit more strategy in terms of playing the game with unique twists. With just heroes, the strategies are limited, and each unit becomes somewhat independent and therefore less suited for some, more centralized armies.

On the "no squads" side of the arguement, we have the idea of synergy with Classic 'Scape, which is always nice (we'll eventually throw out a few Darkrais, and they sound efficiently like "Darklords"). Class and personality will help them fit in with the normal units when it comes to specific powers.

In addition, there's always the life situation- I've always shook my head at the idea that these "foot soldiers" of sorts can't actually take wounds (though you could pretend a blocked attack might leave the figure with minor injuries). With Pokemon, this goes threefold considering that these creatures shouldn't be "OHKOed" by any "attack" regardless of whether it comes from a Deathreaver or Arceus.

...Or something. God, that made absolutely no sense.

So, I guess all in all I'm up for going with whatever would be the most appropriate for the figure(s) we're dealing with.

Old December 14th, 2009, 08:06 PM
Caster of Crying

Well, I guess maybe in the Pokedex entries we will find a Pokemon that just screams squad. I guess there has to be a Pokemon or two that are notorious for traveling in groups or something.

It is just hard when you think in terms of the games, which I guess is our primary basis for all of this (in conjunction with the Pokedex entries, of course). In the games, obviously, it is all just a single Pokemon at a time (and nobody mention double battles, that doesn't apply here).
Old December 14th, 2009, 10:20 PM

White Noise knows what's in an order marker White Noise knows what's in an order marker White Noise knows what's in an order marker

WA, think Execcute...

Some of the lower evolved forms may lend themselves to being bonding squads with their higher evolved forms. I could see something like that working for Combee and Vespiquen, or Diglett and Dugtrio. Maybe Unowns might make a decent stand-alone squad...

EDIT: Come to think of it, Houndours hunt in packs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
No matter your feelings towards D&D, it has divided us.
Something tells me that the cancellation, though tragic, may indeed mend that divide...
Old December 14th, 2009, 10:53 PM
My Mask Fell Off...

minimoose38 is surprisingly tart

Squad pokemon based on Pokedex data: Rattata, Pidgey, Spearow, Beedrill, Murkrow led by a Honchkrow, Zubat, Grimer, Tentacool, Sentret, Ledyba, Houndour, Mightyena.

Just a few That I knew off the top of my head, I am sure they are more. I think squads should definitely be implemented. It would get rather boring making every thing a uncommon/common hero. Squads would also make use of weak things like Rattata, Pidgey and such. Bonding with their preevolved form and theres your army: a couple squads of Pidgeys, a few Pidgeottos and a Pidgeot.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards