Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old November 16th, 2008, 04:00 AM
the Teirible

Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby!
apparent conflict in FAQs

Marcu Esenwein
“Fields of Valor”
If each player is playing with a Marcu Esenwein in their Army, and you have to use Eternal Hatred (because of your roll), who takes control of Marcu?
You cannot choose an opponent that already has a Marcu Esenwein in their Army because you can only have 1 of each Unique figure in an Army. If all players have a Marcu in their Army, Eternal Hatred would be negated and would not come into play. Remember that even if one of the Marcu Esenweins were to die, that figure would still be in that player’s Army.

&

4th Massachusetts Line
"Utgar's Rage"

If my non-Valiant figures are destroyed, and only Valiant figures are left on the battlefield, can the 4th Massachusetts Line use their Valiant Army Defense Bonus?
Yes.

If the blue part above is correct doesn't that mean that you are still in "control" of the army card and therefore not all of your army is valiant. I guess the word control in the wording of the power will be the point of contention which allows for both of these interpretations.

Just wasting time in the middle of the night reading through the FAQs.

HeroScape is back Baby! Whoo Hoo!!!
Old November 16th, 2008, 04:29 AM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: apparent conflict in FAQs

The Marcu no-duplicates rule cares about units in your army. Wait Then Fire only cares about units you control. After they die, they are still in your army (thus you can't take control of another one), but you no longer control them (thus they don't break the Valiant bonus).
Old November 16th, 2008, 08:30 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Another way to view this "apparent conflict" is that these are two specific rulings about two specific situations and not global rules for all units or situations. That is to say, the 4th Massachusetts Line ruling applies only to all Valiant Army situations and the Marcu ruling applies only to situations that might otherwise cause two of the same unique figure to end up in one army. Two situations; no conflict at all.
Old November 16th, 2008, 02:49 PM
the Teirible

Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
Another way to view this "apparent conflict" is that these are two specific rulings about two specific situations and not global rules for all units or situations. That is to say, the 4th Massachusetts Line ruling applies only to all Valiant Army situations and the Marcu ruling applies only to situations that might otherwise cause two of the same unique figure to end up in one army. Two situations; no conflict at all.
Actually these two rulings are not quite as specific as you imply. The 4th Mass ruling also applies to the sacred band and any upcomming power with similar conditions, which if this game continues to grow could well be many. The Marcu ruling applies to Sir Hawthorne as well as powers such as mindshakle and applies to at least 6 cards I can think of off the top of my head.
I do however agree that this is only an apparent conflict. As I stated the point of difference is the word control, however since the 4th mass refers specifically to army cards your control and not to figures in play I would argue that if the dead figure's card remains in your army it also remains under your control, even if there's nothing you can do with it.
Of course I have no desire to see a ruling on this. I am content with the interpretation offered in the FAQs where both issues are addressed (unlike the new interpretion of skatter which comes from a FAQ about Agent Skahen and not the Rats).
Like I said I was just waisting time, apparently your time as well as mine.
Sorry.

HeroScape is back Baby! Whoo Hoo!!!
Old November 16th, 2008, 04:14 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eirikr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
Actually these two rulings are not quite as specific as you imply. The 4th Mass ruling also applies to the sacred band and any upcomming power with similar conditions, which if this game continues to grow could well be many. The Marcu ruling applies to Sir Hawthorne as well as powers such as mindshakle and applies to at least 6 cards I can think of off the top of my head.
I thought I said that "the Marcu ruling applies only to situations that might otherwise cause two of the same unique figure to end up in one army" not just to Marcu. Oh...I did say that.

As to the Valiant army ruling, it applies to Valiant armies. A Disciplined army ruling applies to Disciplined armies.

So, I agree. There is no problem here. These are not the droids you are looking for.

These apples are not oranges. <grin>

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's