Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old November 11th, 2007, 12:58 AM

Scape_Scrub11 has disabled reputation
I've Lost the Touch...

Lately it seems that every map I start to make I hate and destroy it. I havent been a ble to make a map in months and it is really bothering me, I was hoping someone could help, how do you guys get inspiration for the maps you make and is there anything anyone can do to save me or is it too late?
Old November 11th, 2007, 01:03 AM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Just make something completely random, and work your way up from there. I made a castle on Marvel terrain for my most recent map, and it ended up as a castle on Marvel terrain in the middle of an ice field, which on the right side has MORE snow and on the left side has a huge swamp. See what working your way up gets you? :P

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old November 11th, 2007, 01:31 AM

tyguy94920 is surprisingly tart
Close your eyes and randomly place hexes, then try to conect them. And last get my brother to finish the hight placement for you

Click Above for My Sig Link
Old November 11th, 2007, 02:22 AM
Thanosiest Princess

Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
I like to think of an actual landscape in my mind and then to try and recreate it with the tiles. It lets me get something that I like the look of first and then I can build and modify a map till I get it to match what I have in my head.
Old November 11th, 2007, 02:31 AM

eric.dunfee Woo who?
Try to think of cool landscapes around where you live....

unless you live where I do, which is in the middle of the freaking desert where it's completely flat...
Old November 11th, 2007, 03:15 AM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric.dunfee
Try to think of cool landscapes around where you live....

unless you live where I do, which is in the middle of the freaking desert where it's completely flat...
That's why they gave us so many sand tiles in expansion packs.
Old November 11th, 2007, 09:39 AM

Spectre007 Woo who?
My problem is the opposite, I have many ideas for what I'd like to do with maps; just not enough tiles to map them. I may have to start putting them in virtualscape and post them here so that others with massive sets can actually build them.

Another suggestion I have which is what I did, download all the available maps from the downloads section. I made a directory on my harddrive and divided folders up by sets. Then I downloaded every map available and stored them in the corresponding folder. Anytime I need inspiration for a map, I'll browse through the maps and get ideas that others have tried. Then just let the map flow.
Old November 11th, 2007, 11:22 AM
Off by a little. Plus a typo.

iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker
this is my problem.When i make a battle field my cousin comes and massies it up.then i make random fields that look like my house.I also chose people's battle fields and make them the i build from there at random.

Valhalla's Darkest Hour: Custom Wave 3 and March of Shadows: Custom Large Expansion 1 coming soon.
Old November 11th, 2007, 11:56 AM
The Orc Master

Browncoat is surprisingly tart
I never really planned on getting into map making. When I first started playing Heroscape, I downloaded several (dozens) of maps available in the downloads section. After playing on them, I discovered that most maps have elements in common, yet subtle differences that make them unique.

You have to figure out what makes a map good, and what makes a map great. The BoV is a good start. Read about the maps that made it, and the ones that weren't quite up to snuff and why. There are still a lot of things that haven't been done yet.
Old November 11th, 2007, 11:58 AM

tyguy94920 is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman3317
this is my problem.When i make a battle field my cousin comes and massies it up.then i make random fields that look like my house.I also chose people's battle fields and make them the i build from there at random.
Or just use your house as a battlefield

Yes my AE attack Joton with massive hight from the TV.

Click Above for My Sig Link
Old November 11th, 2007, 12:50 PM

Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby!
lost the touch? Dont worry..

"YOU GOT THE TOUCH....YOU GOT THE POWERRRRRRRRR, YEAH!"

...sorry.

Old November 11th, 2007, 03:18 PM

Scape_Scrub11 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre007
My problem is the opposite, I have many ideas for what I'd like to do with maps; just not enough tiles to map them. I may have to start putting them in virtualscape and post them here so that others with massive sets can actually build them.

Another suggestion I have which is what I did, download all the available maps from the downloads section. I made a directory on my harddrive and divided folders up by sets. Then I downloaded every map available and stored them in the corresponding folder. Anytime I need inspiration for a map, I'll browse through the maps and get ideas that others have tried. Then just let the map flow.
\

I don't have much either...

RotV - 2
SotM - 1
VV - 2
RttFF - 3
FotAK - 2
TT - 2

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios