Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Notices

Old November 10th, 2009, 09:32 PM

Zer0scaper is surprisingly tart
Re: Question Dump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
Here's a serious question: If a figure (such as Sonlen) is using a special attack/ability (such as Dragon Swoop), does the figure have to use it on an adjacent opposing figure, or can it use the ability on a non-adjacent figure?
Special powers bypass the engagement rule. So you can use it on a non-adjacent figure.
Old November 10th, 2009, 09:33 PM
Founder of Democracy

TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0scaper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleKing99 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks. You don't get bonuses when attacking (with a special), you have to attack with what it says on the card. If you are defending against one, you do get bonuses.
I was kidding (that's why I used this) because it's right there in the description of this part of the forumsand is commonly asked here. I should have put the ** around it.
Blargh! Stupid Smileys. (and you are new, so you could have been serious)
I'm new?!? No you're new!! (Check my join date)
Blargh! I looked at your number of posts. (sorry)
That's alright. I don't post a lot because as you can tell, I don't often get my point across. But hey I'm glad the question dump worked out for you and just in case you didn't know, you can choose to walk, so flyers can get the road bonus.
I know, otherwise I'd be screwed when I am engaged and trying to gain height.
Old November 10th, 2009, 09:34 PM
Founder of Democracy

TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Here's a serious question: If a figure (such as Sonlen) is using a special attack/ability (such as Dragon Swoop), does the figure have to use it on an adjacent opposing figure, or can it use the ability on a non-adjacent figure?
Special powers bypass the engagement rule. So you can use it on a non-adjacent figure.
Yes, but is that special attacks and special powers, or just special powers?
(yes I am serious)
Old November 10th, 2009, 09:34 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

We cant get people to read...the cards...the rules...the stickies...the user agreement...etc....What makes you think they would read that befre posting a question that has already been answered in that thread and/or could just have been answered if they read the cards...rules...etc?

Its not a bad idea its just alot of work for the admins to do when its not going to be used anyway which will cause more "yelling"
Old November 10th, 2009, 09:36 PM
Founder of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
We cant get people to read...the cards...the rules...the stickies...the user agreement...etc....What makes you think they would read that befre posting a question that has already been answered in that thread and/or could just have been answered if they read the cards...rules...etc?

Its not a bad idea its just alot of work for the admins to do when its not going to be used anyway which will cause more "yelling"
Well, I'm using it because it is a lot faster than reading the rules.
Old November 10th, 2009, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
(yes I am serious)
Here's the best example. Braxas (special power)can acid spray anyone in range engaged or not. Nilfheim (special attack)must kill off anyone he's engaged with before he can shoot at non-engaged figures.

Maybe I'll just sit here and answer questions all day. I'm batting 1000 so far. I don't have a lot of posts but I'm a big lurker and know all the rules(almost).
Old November 10th, 2009, 09:39 PM
Founder of Democracy

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
(yes I am serious)
Here's the best example. Braxas (special power)can acid spray anyone in range engaged or not. Nilfheim (special attack)must kill off anyone he's engaged with before he can shoot at non-engaged figures.
Really, I heard that he just had to attack who he is engaged to, and then could attack not-adjacent figures.
Old November 10th, 2009, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
(yes I am serious)
Really, I heard that he just had to attack who he is engaged to, and then could attack not-adjacent figures.
Only if he kills them off. If Nilf is engaged to one orc and two are close by, first he must kill the engaged orc, if not his turn is over.
Old November 10th, 2009, 09:44 PM
Founder of Democracy

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
(yes I am serious)
Only if he kills them off. If Nilf is engaged to one orc and two are close by, first he must kill the engaged orc, if not his turn is over.
Seriously?, where is this in the rules?
Old November 10th, 2009, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
(yes I am serious)
Give me a minute I'll find it.
Old November 10th, 2009, 09:45 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
(yes I am serious)
Seriously...take some time reading...start here...and then go to the Books for each figure

Hasbro compiled Advanced FAQ - 407KB
Old November 10th, 2009, 09:47 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

But people already "dump" there questions in the official FAQ so why not have a dump above that that says post all questions here if you are to lazy to look up the answer.

Eventually people answer the stupidest question regardless of where it is posted so why not have a place that is open to stupid question threads and the simple answers that follow and let intelligent questions fill up the books.

EDit: They have already started doing it here for gosh sakes.!

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's