Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Notices

Old January 9th, 2013, 02:24 PM

Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Is there any interest in this?

Hello all,

As I've mentioned in the past I'd like to do a "5 minute Scape" project where you basically have prefabricated foam hex terrain that you just throw down on a hex mat and begin play. MUCH faster set up time. Well the hold up has been finding a way to cut the foam material I want to use but I have found a solution. As a side note it will also cut acrylic so we could easily do translucent water/lava/ice ext tiles. We cannot use the interlocking mechanism since it's copyrighted but there is a lot of potential for other custom Heroscape custom stuff than just the terrain. The problem is, it's expensive.....$12k expensive.

So what I'm proposing is maybe a Kickstarter program. Instead of just offering terrain and/or products I could give Gift certificates. This way if you don't like the way it turns out you can always get something else.

All totaled i'd need about 120 people pledging $100 (or the equivalent i.e. 240 pleging $50 ect...). I also have another shop owner who is local and interested in possibly going in on it so it could be considerably less. I've not really done all the research on kickstarter yet and this is all very preliminary. I'm just trying to gauge interest.

.....Andrew (aka Auggie)

i R da speling god
Auggie's Games
Follow us on Facebook Auggies Games Store and Twitter @auggiesgames
Old January 9th, 2013, 02:39 PM

Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Is there any interest in this?

Sounds interesting. It's really too bad the interlocking system is copyrighted, especially when the game isn't even made anymore.

I'd be willing to donate, but I would have to see more info. I want to see exactly what would be made ( a prototype, maybe?). Even considering that, I don't think I could see myself going above $50, at the absolute MOST.

If you have an idea for a signature, let me know. Until then, this stays here
My Trade List
My Custom Map Thread
Old January 9th, 2013, 03:13 PM

Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I have a few pieces cut by hand on a jig saw but they really need to be cut better (and it's labor intensive). My son and I have used them to play on and it works great. If there is even mild interest here maybe I'll post a video.

Also, to reiterate, the gift certificate idea is usable for anything in our store so you're not locked in to something you don't like. I'm not sure you can give gift certs through Kickstarter though. Again, I'm only spitballing ideas.

.......Andrew

i R da speling god
Auggie's Games
Follow us on Facebook Auggies Games Store and Twitter @auggiesgames
Old January 9th, 2013, 03:56 PM
Your wish is my command, Chief Underpants Eater

ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I could see supporting something that involves recreated ice tiles. But without the interlocking system I can't imagine how it would work with per-existing scape.

“Have you ever hoped for something? And held out for it against all the odds? Until everything you did was ridiculous? "
Old January 9th, 2013, 05:05 PM

Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auggest View Post
If there is even mild interest here maybe I'll post a video.
Yes please!

If you have an idea for a signature, let me know. Until then, this stays here
My Trade List
My Custom Map Thread
Old January 9th, 2013, 05:34 PM

Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I agree. I could definitely be interested but would like to see a video of exactly what we're talking about here.

OG Heroscape collection completed on 6/21/2016!

The new collection begins...again...hopefully...at some point...maybe...CMON Renegade!
Old January 10th, 2013, 06:39 AM

Psymanski Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garenex View Post
I agree. I could definitely be interested but would like to see a video of exactly what we're talking about here.
Yep! show us.
Old January 10th, 2013, 08:20 AM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I couldn't do 50, but I would definitely do around 20. I am very interested in this and have been waiting for your prefab terrain since you first announced it.
Old January 10th, 2013, 09:34 AM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

I personally wouldn't be too interested in this, but I've been able to amass a good size collection of terrain. I do see a benefit for those that came late to the game and have little or no terrain. Anything that helps keep the game alive is welcome.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old January 10th, 2013, 09:41 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
I personally wouldn't be too interested in this, but I've been able to amass a good size collection of terrain. I do see a benefit for those that came late to the game and have little or no terrain. Anything that helps keep the game alive is welcome.
I am in the same boat Mac. I have terrain at my house, in storage, and "borrowed" by friends, so I don't need any, but I would probably still Kickstart this, just to try and get more people involved. $50-100 is a small price to pay to keep the game alive my investment relevant. I definitely would like to see a video.
Old January 10th, 2013, 09:52 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I would love to see this happen, but I'm not sure how much I could contribute, since my 'Scape budget is pretty small. If you started a Kickstarter and it really took off I would consider participating.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old January 10th, 2013, 10:48 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibechief View Post
I could see supporting something that involves recreated ice tiles. But without the interlocking system I can't imagine how it would work with per-existing scape.
I think Auggie is envisioning things like pre-built hills and such that would not need to connect to other tiles, but simply sit on the board.

A video would be nice; I have no need for more conventional terrain, but eventual foam buildings for Superscape would be a dream.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News