Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old November 3rd, 2010, 09:45 PM

Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby!
Re: An Idea

I think this is a great idea, but I'm just wondering about all the logistics of it.

Are there businessmen/women here who would be willing to give up their careers in order to save Heroscape? In order to be saved, it would obviously need someone who is business savvy, knows about marketing locally, nationally, and internationally, as well as other business aspects like paying employees, and whatnot.

Then there's the aspect of all the capital, property, equipment, and supplies needed to take over a whole product line, not to mention all the governmental issues of taking over a business and such.

I'm sorry, I do not at all want to rain on anyone's parade, but I just hope that anyone serious about this would take serious things like this into account. If there are qualified members here who think they are up for the task, I am 100% behind you, but I just hope you would know what it takes.

It's not whether you win or lose. It's having the 4th Massachusetts Line that counts!
I see nothing, I hear nothing, and I know NOTHING!--Sgt. Shultz, Hogan's Heroes
My custom terrain
Old November 3rd, 2010, 09:53 PM

delphic rolls all skulls baby! delphic rolls all skulls baby! delphic rolls all skulls baby! delphic rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandarforever View Post
I think this is a great idea, but I'm just wondering about all the logistics of it.

Are there businessmen/women here who would be willing to give up their careers in order to save Heroscape? In order to be saved, it would obviously need someone who is business savvy, knows about marketing locally, nationally, and internationally, as well as other business aspects like paying employees, and whatnot.

Then there's the aspect of all the capital, property, equipment, and supplies needed to take over a whole product line, not to mention all the governmental issues of taking over a business and such.

I'm sorry, I do not at all want to rain on anyone's parade, but I just hope that anyone serious about this would take serious things like this into account. If there are qualified members here who think they are up for the task, I am 100% behind you, but I just hope you would know what it takes.

We need a capable and qualified person to head up the company. Someone who believes in and loves the game. Someone with the drive and experience in the industry. Basically ... Truth.

Delphic

Neg Rep of the Year :

"Desre for good grammar makes one looking to destroy fun??"

I love it when the overly critical can't meet their own expectations.
Old November 3rd, 2010, 10:02 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Truth already has his own company. I doubt he'd want to try and start a whole new one.

Old November 6th, 2010, 04:40 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I love it. Only one question, where would all the stuff be housed. I mean, we acctually need somewhere to produce all this stuff. Perwsonally, I've never heard of a game system run by a bunch of website friends, but who knows. As to art, I and Abwiechen Schatten can help. Especially Schatten. He is not a qualified artist (as in that's not what he does for a living), but what he draws is pretty good. I mean, I once mistook a drawing of his for a photograph... really! He could sketch out some of the new designs we would need. Another great guy for the job would be what's his name! Go to Grok Rider Origins down there in the blogs. You'll find him.
I love this idea, but if we are really, truly, to buy HeroScape form WotC and start producing, we need to get more organized than a thread on page 2. I vote we PM around a bit with each other and discover what qualifications we have and who we would need. After that, we can try to set up an online meeting.
P.S. I am only 16, but I have all the necessary equipment, resources, etc. to make videos. I could work out a 'commercial' for what we're doing, and put it on You Tube in no time. Literally. I could refer people here, they could register, and then we could really get going. I'll nee do know what you guys think though before I do something like that.
Old November 7th, 2010, 05:05 PM
Midol, King of PMS

Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby!
Guys, thanks

Thanks for the support, I would be willing to try this at anytime. We need more people to see this, though.

I'm a F18, bro.
Old November 7th, 2010, 11:56 PM

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Uh, do you mean see a video, or see the post? If you want a sample video, go to the main page on my website and look at the bottom. Just to be clear (especially for Jandarforever) I AM NOT TRYING TO ATTRACT UNNECESSARY TRAFFIC TO MY SITE. That's the only place I have a video at the moment.
Old November 8th, 2010, 12:39 AM

ReyRoberto is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Honestly, I think its a long shot, but if WOTC was willing to sell us the rights this would be a great plan.
Old November 8th, 2010, 04:22 AM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!

This sounds amazing but I'm waiting for someone who knows the gaming business to come in here and crush all our hopes.
Old November 8th, 2010, 07:45 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

How about someone who is just thinking about what this would actually take? How much is Hasbro going to take to part with their IP? Let's just assume a cool million. How much is that per person? There are currently 2612 active members of this community. That is just under $400 per person. That is also assuming a very big "if"; all of the active members sign on. How many of you can scrape together $400? Reality is probably closer to less than 1000 of us that would join in. That dials the cost to buy the IP to over $1000 each. We still don't know how much the IP is going to cost IF Hasbro is in a selling mood.
Old November 8th, 2010, 10:33 AM

Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby!

Hmmm....... an interesting proposal, and a daring idea, I say, but there is but one flaw: Where will we collect all the money to buy the brand? It could take YEARS for us to collect such a monstrous horde of cash. Other than that, your idea is great.

"People of Gotham! Take control.... take control of your city! THIS.... this is the instrument, of your liberation...."
Old November 29th, 2010, 02:21 AM

torpstar711 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Haha a simple yet ingenious idea. Heard some pretty good ideas about the manufacturing and packaging of products, but not so much of the financial aspect. I've taken a bunch of honors level business classes and am currently taking an AP economics class and am planning on majoring in entreprenuership with a minor in either retail management or business administration (or something along the lines of that) so if you guys need help just shoot me a message. As for needed capital, I'd also be willing to invest a bit given a viable business plan.
Old December 3rd, 2010, 01:44 AM

You know what would work, if there was someone that had a bunch of cash lying around and really wanted to see Hero Scape back. Someone could ally themselves with truth at plaid hat games. Maybe plaid hat games could be the new manufacturing company. Then, all those willing and able here, at this site, could send in as much as they could spare for such a purpose. It might take a little while ot accumulate, but after a little while, it could work. Seriously though.l Truth works for a gaming system right? Why don't' we take advantage of it? If it's willing, of course. Truth could be are messenger.
Of course, a lot depending on funds, luck, and truth here.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General