Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old March 4th, 2019, 09:46 PM
C3G Super League MVP

Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Public Design Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
@Zettian Juggernaut if you have plans for him I'll step back. He's not really at the top of my list unless there's a push for Dark Avengers stuff.

I'm not sure I dig Champion as a class. Warrior or Warlord seems like a better fit to me.

There's already a power called God Of War on DC Ares' card. I was kind of invested in the idea of reusing that power with different mechanics, but that was admittedly more of a "wouldn't it be cool if..." idea, not an idea that was particularly solid in execution.

Whatever happens I do think it would be nice to see him playing well with the currently existing Dark Avengers (Norman, Noh-Varr, maybe Ronin's Ms. Marvel draft) or having something that starts up a nice thematic link for that faction.
He's one of many I would like to see get done at some point, which is longer than I'll ever get done, though with my current current write-up for him being pretty straight forward, he had climbed towards top of the list some.

It's kind of an older write-up of mine, so I'm definitely open to changes. Warrior seems like a good class change.

Yeah, as I was posting it, I was realizing that the power name will need changed, but like I said, this write-up is older, it's actually been around longer than Ark's Ares DC design I believe.

I'm cool with some changes to make it work better with the Dark Avengers if you've got ideas, though I don't feel like he should be offering any kind of synergies, as he's more of a do your self type in my opinion.

C3G: Books & Online Figure Request
---------------------------------------
Family: Classic Customs & Maps
--------------------------------
My SuperScape Maps
Old March 5th, 2019, 04:57 AM
Doesn't Drink the Kool-Aid (Eats the Catsup)

ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby!

I mean, I think overkill synergies sound like a cool idea- even though he is more of a loner type, he was a pretty prominent Dark Avengers member right? Would seem odd to not have him play well with them

What's up with claymation?
Old March 5th, 2019, 10:07 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

My top priority would just be finding a way to get him playing well with Norman, be it with Master Motivator or Chaotic Leadership. ZJ’s current GoW draft actively works against Master Motivator and its “no additonal turns” clause.

Overkill synergy would be cool but honestly Ares, despite being the God of War, is actually one of the more chill Dark Avengers. He likes fighting and killing, but he’s way more of an honorbound warrior than Bullseye or Venom are. I was going for the “holy crap he just ripped somebody in half” vibe with some of these powers, and those would probably be a better fit on the Sentry anyways now that I look at it.

From what I’ve seen, there are two pretty distinct eras for Marvel Ares. He started out as a pretty standard villain type for Thor and Hercules, but I’m more familiar with the modern era, where he’s more of a reluctant anti-hero and uses a lot more modern weaponry.

I do think for that modern Ares, a light dash of incoming/outgoing boosts could be cool. I don’t think he needs to be a synergy lynchpin for the Dark Avengers or the Mighty Avengers or whatever, but I think he’s a bit more than a straight-up beatstick like the Hulk. I liked LO’s idea that if a certain number of figures were destroyed on your turn, you could activate Ares (even if you didn’t take a turn with him) but again, I think that could be modified to fit better with Norman. I also liked my idea of boosting initiative through overwounding, to capture his more strategic side and his penchant for being a semi-inspiring leader. A lot of the times he was the sane one holding the crew together. But if nobody else is digging that, I get it.
Old March 5th, 2019, 10:23 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

@Zettian Juggernaut in addition to all I said above, I think we might just be on different pages with him. If I understood you correctly, you want to keep him fairly simple, while I’d want to push for a moderately complex take that covers some of the more nuanced elements of the character.
Old March 11th, 2019, 10:41 AM
Just A Head

Quote:

NAME = CAPTAIN AMERICA
SECRET IDENTITY = JAMES BARNES

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CRIME FIGHTER?
PERSONALITY = PATRIOTIC

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 6
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

YIELD THE SHIELD
While there is another Captain America you control on the battlefield, this Captain America may not use any other special powers on this card, and after attacking he may attack one additional time.

SHIELD BASH SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 3.
When attacking with this special attack, all shields rolled count as extra skulls.

VIBRANIUM ALLOY SHIELD
When defending against an attack, Captain America always adds one automatic shield to whatever is rolled.
So the release of FalconCap got me thinking about BuckyCap. Yield The Shield is the only original part of the design here, but it could be a bit troublesome. Bucky seemed to only really be interested in being Cap while Steve wasn't around (although I only really read BuckyCap in event books so maybe it's different elsewhere), so I tried to make a dichotomy where he's different if he's playing with Steve (or Sam, I guess) than he is by himself. I am worried about someone with his statline being able to bond with Steve though.

Last edited by MrNobody; March 21st, 2019 at 02:03 PM.
Old March 11th, 2019, 11:50 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

You could reverse it into 'picking up the shield' and make him only use his powers after Steve falls, or make it so you can't draft him with a Steve Rodgers figure.
Old March 11th, 2019, 12:06 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

It looks pretty cool to me. Even with the enhanced stats from going on Cap's Order Marker, the yielding of other powers on the card to do it seems like a fair trade off.

Then you get that cool in-game moment where if Cap dies first he does pick up the shield. I think it'll evoke the same feeling no matter the order you express it on the card.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 11th, 2019, 12:59 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
You could reverse it into 'picking up the shield' and make him only use his powers after Steve falls, or make it so you can't draft him with a Steve Rodgers figure.
Hmmmm...so he should certainly be able to play with Steve, because he teamed up with Steve as both “secret agent Rogers” and Captain America.

I think he pretty much already picks up the shield when Steve dies, he can also just play on his own without Steve and have access to his whole powerset.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
It looks pretty cool to me. Even with the enhanced stats from going on Cap's Order Marker, the yielding of other powers on the card to do it seems like a fair trade off.

Then you get that cool in-game moment where if Cap dies first he does pick up the shield. I think it'll evoke the same feeling no matter the order you express it on the card.
As an alternative to bonding, it could be that he gets a boost while there’s a revealed OM on another Cap. Maybe a move/range boost (to compliment Steve’s attack/defense boost) or a double attack? I like bonding as a call-back to classic Bucky but there are other options.

Last edited by MrNobody; March 11th, 2019 at 01:55 PM.
Old March 12th, 2019, 10:46 PM
Just A Head

NAME = HAWK
SECRET IDENTITY = HANK HALL

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CRIME FIGHTER?
PERSONALITY = AGGRESSIVE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ???

THE HAWK
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with Hawk, you may immediately take a turn with a Dove figure you control, and you may not take any additional turns with other figures you control. During this turn, figures engaged with Hawk cannot roll for Leaving Engagement Attacks and subtract 1 from their defense.

FURIOUS ASSAULT
If Hawk attacks an adjacent figure with his normal attack and rolls at least 2 skulls, he may attack an adjacent figure again with his normal attack. Hawk may continue attacking adjacent figures with his normal attack until he rolls fewer than 2 skulls. Hawk cannot attack more than four times in a single turn.

=====================================

NAME = DOVE
SECRET IDENTITY = HOLLY GRANGER

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CRIME FIGHTER?
PERSONALITY = PEACEFUL

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ???

THE DOVE
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with Dove, you may immediately take a turn with a Hawk figure you control, and you may not take any additional turns with other figures you control. During this turn, while Hawk is within 3 clear sight spaces of Dove, you may re-roll up to one die that shows a Blank when attacking with Hawk.

PEACEFUL PLANNING
Once per round, immediately after an opponent reveals an Order Marker on an Army card they control, you may move an Order Marker on an Army Card you control to another Army Card you control. Order Markers may not be moved off the card of a destroyed figure.

FLYING
Old March 12th, 2019, 11:02 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Love that you're tackling them!

I'd call their first powers HAWK AND DOVE and DOVE AND HAWK personally.

I'm not 100% sold on the theme that the mechanics of those powers are communicating - especially Dove rerolling Hawk's blanks?

Other powers make sense to me and I like that they're fairly streamlined.

I'd want to really consider what factions they should work well with canonically before assigning class.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 12th, 2019, 11:16 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Love that you're tackling them!

I'd call their first powers HAWK AND DOVE and DOVE AND HAWK personally.

I'm not 100% sold on the theme that the mechanics of those powers are communicating - especially Dove rerolling Hawk's blanks?

Other powers make sense to me and I like that they're fairly streamlined.

I'd want to really consider what factions they should work well with canonically before assigning class.
I thought about those power names, but "Dove and Hawk" just sounded so wrong to me. Seeing it written out, I actually kind of like it.

I went with re-rolling because Dove is the one who can calm/redirect Hawk's anger. I originally had a reckless power on Hawk where he could hurt himself, maybe I should go back to that.

Yeah I don't know exactly what to class them as. Maybe they should just be Titans? That's their main affiliation.
Old March 13th, 2019, 07:24 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I think japes has had a Hawk and Dove write ups for awhile.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy