Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old June 29th, 2007, 07:16 PM

1111 Woo who?
1111 customs. Update 06/15/08 Page 2.

Here are a few customs that I made.

Last edited by 1111; June 15th, 2008 at 06:12 PM.
Old June 29th, 2007, 07:19 PM

nonexistantnonexister has disabled reputation
nice job!!!!!!!!!!!

welcome to the forums

aldin will be here in a minute to hang a plant on you and vibrate your hand

P.S. look at my custom thread, be smart....

Old June 29th, 2007, 07:26 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Welcome to the boards, 1111! Nice first post. Here are a few suggestions.

First, I would put "Unique Hero" instead of "Custom Hero." Everyone knows they're customs, but how are we supposed to tell if they're common or unique?

Tsunami is very, very powerful. Playtesting might reveal this guy's need for a point increase.

Tough, the official ability, adds one automatic shield. I'd change your Tough to Super Tough or similar, and your Shield Block to Tough (though Shield Block as a name makes just as much sense).

Lur's other abilities are also just renamed official abilities. Bloodlust (which is nothing like the official Bloodlust) is just Wounded Smash and Pain Strike is Overextend Attack.

Finally, I really don't think Muck Dweller is worth 130 points, nor Lur quite 155.

I could also offer wording tips for all your abilities, but I think that's enough suggestions for now.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old June 29th, 2007, 07:38 PM

1111 Woo who?
Thanks guys! The suggestions that you listed were kinda what I figured I should change about the cards. I wasn't too sure about the official names of the abilities so I just came up with a "filler" name for the time being. Are there any specific ways you guys come up with point totals? Some of the offical HS characters seem way over-priced. Sparticus for example... I don't think he's worth 200 at all. Such a huge chunk of your army cost is gone if you pick him when he isn't really anything special. Sure, he's tough, but range can pick him off without too much effort. Once again, it's cool to find a forum especially made for heroscape! Take it easy guys.
Old June 29th, 2007, 07:53 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
The best way I can suggest to cost your customs (aside from playtesting) is to compare them to existing, official units. Spartacus, yes, is currently overpriced, but that's what's brilliant about Heroscape: eventually, there will be more gladiators for him to work with. When, though, is anyone's guess.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old June 29th, 2007, 07:58 PM

1111 Woo who?
Thanks NecroBlade for the comments. I updated the stats and names on the cards to better suit the game. I'll put some more up once I find some motivation to make more. I really need a game of 'scape about now.
Old June 29th, 2007, 10:24 PM

Blackrock is surprisingly tart
Wow, those are impressive, especially the minis! Did you make them yourself?
Where can I find a template for typing up custom cards?
Old June 29th, 2007, 10:30 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
1111, you are quite something at customs!! A little more practice and some good feedback and you'll be rockin'

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old June 30th, 2007, 01:19 AM

1111 Woo who?
Thanks for the compliments guys. The miniatures are just some that I had laying around. They are from D&D. I have some Heroquest mini's that I've painted myself that I will have to put up.
Old June 30th, 2007, 01:40 AM

Turtleboy has disabled reputation
For Lur it should be "wounded" smash, and perhaps he should just be a "wolf" so he could have some Synergy, if not now then later with the wolves arleady in Heroscape?

Other than that looking sharp on the customs. Looking foward to more.

Old July 1st, 2007, 05:28 PM

ron3090 Woo who?
YES! A new member that is actually literate!

Anyways, your customs are awesome. I can't think of much else to say, other than that.

ron3090 is 'Shotgun' Sullivan...
in the ECRU CAVE...
Old July 1st, 2007, 05:48 PM

1111 Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron3090
YES! A new member that is actually literate!

Anyways, your customs are awesome. I can't think of much else to say, other than that.
Thanks man!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards