Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old August 2nd, 2013, 07:35 AM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth
Wanted: The Fiction on the back of Boosters and Boxes.

So I have just found out I'm missing some of the Heroscape Lore by my disposal of all my Boosters and Boxes.

For instance:

The back of the Wave 1 pack The IX Roman Legion says:

Quote:
Einar in his quest to help Utgar control the wellsprings, has summoned additional warriors to fight with the fearsome Grimnak. A squad of 4 Roman Legionnaires and a squad of 3 Roman Archers are ready at your command. These archers and Legionnaires with their special powers and abilities will add strength and power to your armies.

So I was wondering if anybody ever scaned the backs of the Boosters and Boxes, or at least recorded all that lore?

Thanks for your help,

ZBeeblebrox.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old August 2nd, 2013, 09:36 AM

betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Wanted: The Fiction on the back of Boosters and Boxes.

Funagaingames has the backs to a few boosters. Wave 1 heroes and Grut Orcs for sure. Grut Orcs scroll down to the extra images and it's there.
Old August 2nd, 2013, 10:23 AM

MrBishop is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I kept one copy of all the boosters (wave 1 to eight) and all the large boxes. Unfortunately I quit buying at that time (job situation change) and am now going back to try and get the stuff I don't have which is expensive! Do you want them all? I don't have a scanner but eventually could type them out for you. Let me know which ones you want!

Yes, I WILL do that for Sir Hawthorne!
Old August 2nd, 2013, 10:54 AM

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBishop View Post
I kept one copy of all the boosters (wave 1 to eight) and all the large boxes. Unfortunately I quit buying at that time (job situation change) and am now going back to try and get the stuff I don't have which is expensive! Do you want them all? I don't have a scanner but eventually could type them out for you. Let me know which ones you want!
I'd like all of them if you could, either photos or written out...whatever is easier.

Thanks.

C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
Old August 2nd, 2013, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBeeblebrox View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBishop View Post
I'd like all of them if you could, either photos or written out...whatever is easier.

Thanks.
Nevermind.

With beta's link to Funagain, I found that for each booster, that site lists the product description on the link. So I have discovered that after Wave 1, the blurbs on the back were more decriptive of how the unit performs and less Fictional.

Thanks for everyone's help.

-ZBeeblebrox.

Old August 2nd, 2013, 02:28 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

If you haven't already, check out the Heroscape Compendium, which compiles all Heroscape story info from the backs of the packs, rulebooks, old Heroscape.com website, and other official sources. I think it lacks anything after wave 9, but it was pretty complete.
Old August 2nd, 2013, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
If you haven't already, check out the Heroscape Compendium, which compiles all Heroscape story info from the backs of the packs, rulebooks, old Heroscape.com website, and other official sources. I think it lacks anything after wave 9, but it was pretty complete.
I have that, and I could not find one instance where it mentiones the early alliance of Utgar and Einar. Thjat is what I missed by not remembering the blurbs on the backs of Boosters.

But as I said, after Wave 1 the blurbs got more descriptive in Game terms, rather that literary ones.

Old August 2nd, 2013, 03:26 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Maybe check Thormun's Journal. HTML or PDF.
Old August 2nd, 2013, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Maybe check Thormun's Journal. HTML or PDF.
I have those too, they never mention the "early alliances". They only have Thormun going to Vydar and Einar and asking them to join up...so I assumed they were being neutral and sitting on the sidelines...until I read the back of the Roman Booster.

I was hoping that other Boosters would add to the lore...but alas they do not.

Old August 2nd, 2013, 05:26 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Yeah, see the trouble is the really early stuff like the commercials and the Romans box are effectively a Micro-continuity (see here for a Transformers centric explanation of the term, hopefully it will be understandable for non tf fans)

I remember when the journals where first coming out and everyone was a bit confused that Thormun was trying to get Eniar to join up with Jandar with no mention of Eniar's ties to Utgar.

Basically, Thormun's Journal seems to ignore most of the early fiction in favor of creating the modern 'everyone vs. Utgar' continuity. It's all a bit vague and confusing, and there has never been much fiction to go on anyway.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store

Last edited by Soundwarp SG-1; August 2nd, 2013 at 05:31 PM.
Old August 2nd, 2013, 06:09 PM

McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker

I remember on the official heroscape website, back when there was one, they had a little blurb about general alliances. It said that at the time of Rise of the Valkyrie Jandar and Ullar were in an alliance and Einar and Utgar were in an alliance. While Vydar was essentially neutral with slight leanings towards Utgar. Then they had a little disclaimer that alliances are prone to change or something along those lines.

My Customs My Super Customs
I see you quiver with antici...
Spoiler Alert!
Old August 2nd, 2013, 08:18 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

I know this has been hashed to death elsewhere, but I usually think of the Generals in terms of D&D Alignment, especially when putting together customs and thematic armies:

Jandar: Lawful Good
Ullar: Neutral Good
Aquilla: Chaotic Good (Crazy!)

Einar: Lawful Netural (Disciplined!)
Vydar: True Neutral

Utgar: Lawful Evil
Valkrill: Chaotic Evil (Crazy!)

Which puts both Einar and Vydar on the fence.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units