Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios
Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios This is the place to put all of our D&D adventure type scenarios. Come here when you want to browse user submitted adventures.

Old December 18th, 2009, 12:05 AM

Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Welcome to the D&D Scenario Section

I have my scenario up as well. It's called the temple of fear, with my dreaded gargantuan blue dragon leading the charge.

"People of Gotham! Take control.... take control of your city! THIS.... this is the instrument, of your liberation...."
Old December 18th, 2009, 12:43 AM

Commander GD Woo who?

Once virtual scape updates to meet DnD (or I get tired of waiting) I think I may go ahead and make some scenarios too. In the mean time I'll just stick to normal maps.
Old December 18th, 2009, 07:41 AM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It is updated. It does not have treasure glyphs right now, but you can put Unknown glyph markers there. That is how I built The Spider Cult.

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)
Old December 18th, 2009, 02:48 PM

Commander GD Woo who?

Oh sweet! I figured with all the coding in it that it would take a long while...guess not!
Old December 18th, 2009, 03:44 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

I guess I'll like this here - The Secrets of Breccon

It's an idea for a campaign-style tournament, even if not mainly D&D related. It uses the rules for Treasure Glyphs though, so it kinda fits.

It's still a little bit of a work in progress.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old December 20th, 2009, 07:20 AM

Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Here is an idea for a leveling system. I am basing it off the "Battle of Wesnoth"'s leveling system (www.wesnoth.org). In that game units start at level 1 and can usually advance to level 3 or 4. Each level gain nets the unit an improve in life and attack strength and sometimes types new attack types. The amount of experience each unit needs to improve is dependent on each unit. So in Heroscape I would use Unit Points to determine how much experience a unit would need to level up. Also I would only allow Unique Heroes to level up (the game is called Heroscape afterall). To level up a hero would need to kill equal points to his unit cost.
Let's use Agent Carr as an example. He is 100 point figure, so he will need to kill 100 points to advance from 1 to 2. Let's say his improvement from 1 to 2 nets him another point of Life and Move. Now that Agent Carr has advanced to level 2 his point cost goes up 25% to 125. To advance to level 3 he would need to kill another 125. When he goes that his improvement could be something like a new ablitliy like Krav Maga Agent Attack Bonding or something.
My ideas for Finn and Thorgrim were something like at level 2 each would gain a point of Life and Finn would gain a point of Attack while Thorgrim gained a point of Defense. For their level 3 advancement I would increase their Auras bonuses from one point to two. What do you guys think? You would need some scratchpaper to keep track of everything, but that shouldn't be too hard.
Old December 20th, 2009, 11:19 AM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think you would have to increase the level cost to maybe 4 to 5 times their cost. For Isamu, he would be level 4 if he kills just about anything. I think that you could use this system, but allow heros to progress to the next dungeon with the leveled stats.

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)
Old April 15th, 2010, 10:29 AM

Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker

sorry, ignore for now.
Old May 9th, 2010, 05:38 AM

Zorgophlats knows what's in an order marker Zorgophlats knows what's in an order marker

With the ideas of "leveling" and "gold" floating around, I'm surprized nobody (in this thread) has mentioned "experience."

My thought would be, every figure killed gives the player XP. The XP earned would be used to purchase new armies (hero or squad). If a figure is destroyed, then it is dead and cannot be repurchased. Unless you have the "Summoned Before Death" rule in place. In that case, the destroyed figure would be sent back to a Safe Haven. The player would have to go back to get those figures back. Throw in a d20 roll upon destruction to see if the figure was actually summoned.

XP.

Squad figures: Divide the army point cost by 5, then by the number of figures. Round up. Example: Zombies = 60/5 = 12/3 = 4 XP per kill.

Hero figures: Divide points by 5, then by number of hit points. XP earned when wounds are added. Example: Mimring = 150/5 = 30/5 = 6 XP per damage inflicted.

If playing when your own figures are destroyed and don't come back: earn half (round down) of the original point cost back as XP.

Instant kills: Treat as wounds needed to destroy the figure.

Does this idea work?

Last edited by Zorgophlats : Prenember 86th, 2079 at 42:96 ZM. Reason: enasni eht stalhpogroz
Old May 13th, 2010, 04:48 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

If you want a creative scenario, there's always Utgar's Quest. I found "For the Record" to be a good, complete scenario also.

As far as gold, I go for this: When a common figure or squad is destroyed, roll the 20d. If you get a 16-19, you get a coin. If you get a 20, you get two coins. For unique army cards, if you get a 16-19, you get coins equal to 1/10th their point value divided by 2 (so 4 from Thorgrim the Viking Champion). If a 20 is rolled, it's just 1/10th their point value (so 10 from the Krav Maga agents). As you can imagine, coins are much more rare in my scenarios.

The XP I found to be an excellent idea, but I use it to give my heroes more abilities and stats.

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios