Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Notices

Old November 16th, 2022, 09:59 PM

Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: NO POSTING - Heroscape 2.0 News from Designers and Staff

Curious, very curious... and here I thought there would be nothing new to post here anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitar
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluckywoodjr
do you know if ppl are aloud to recreate the minis like from clockwork or dawnraiders
Please just don't start a "book" thread or something on 'Scapers, for now. But nobody can stop you from playing with your own games how you want in your own home.
...For now? Why not?
That's an excellent question. I would ask it myself, if I were you. For now please let the answer be, "because I said please." That request did not originate from me.
The "for now" part is incredibly suspect... Did that part also not originate from you?
Yes. That part, too, does not originate from me.
I expect that we will have some clarity on this issue in time.
My guess is pretty soon. Within a few weeks.

But for now, . . . . please.
Old November 18th, 2022, 02:08 PM

Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Curiosity: rewarded. I am informed that Scytale is preparing this right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
I am now at liberty to explain my earlier "please wait to post Books threads" post.

The members of the War Council now have a green light to offer the slight corrections necessary to make the revealed units as accurate for you as they were for us. And you are all free to start making "Books" threads, though there should probably be some system or something, so that you aren't all stumbling all over each other.

Bear in mind, whatever you do, that these should probably not be indexed along with the "official" books, out of respect for their source. But they can certainly have their own index, and there's no reason why (for instance) synergy relationships should not cross-reference.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandros
If I can ask- (though I don't know if you can answer) - does the war council feel the released designs are in a state you're comfortable seeing get competitive play? Or was it too early to gauge how balanced they were without having a mental picture of the whole set
The community will have to be the judge of that.
But we were satisfied that these were release-ready. All of them.

These were being prepared for an official release. It was our expectation that some might be more competitively muscled than others. For myself, I did not think we were bound to such a small strike zone as we are with the C3V. It was ok to be a bit more disruptive.

That said, I don't think we were very disruptive. I'd like to think that these units will fit in, in their different ways, with some of them naturally being better than others for their points.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale
Quote:
By the way, does the "units that are approved for Scytale to correct them" list include the likes of the Glide Strikers and Haluchott, which were not-so-intentionally mostly-posted?
No
Old November 18th, 2022, 02:49 PM

Cross-post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Here's the corrections/changes I could find compared to what is in the Compendium.

Imperator Kayne
  • points 140 -> 130

Ordo Borealis
  • RELOAD
    If an Ordo Borealis figure does not move on its turn, it may add 6 to its Range.

Admiral EJ-1M
  • points 160 -> 170

Exiles of the Sundered Sea
  • BLACK POWDER PISTOLS
    Start the game with 3 black Powder Markers on this card. After moving and before attacking, you may remove a Powder Marker from this card to add 4 to the Exiles of the Sundered Sea's Range number for the rest of the turn. You may only use this power once during a round.

Dreadnauts of New Tortuga
  • Attack 4 -> 3
  • points 100 -> 80

Xenithrax the Soulweaver
  • SUMMON VINES
    Xenithrax starts the game with three Xenithrax Vines Glyphs on this Army Card. Once per round, after moving and before attacking, Xenithrax may choose an empty space within 4 spaces of Xenithrax and place a Xenithrax Vines Glyph from this Army Card onto that space.

Marachott, Mind Whisperer
  • MARACHOTT'S WHISPER
    After revealing an Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with Marachott, you may choose a Unique Hero within 2 spaces of Marachott. Roll the 20-sided die, adding 3 to the roll if you control that Hero. If you roll a 16 or higher, take temporary control of that Hero and immediately take a turn with that Hero. After taking that turn, control of the chosen Hero returns to its previous owner. All Order Markers that were on the figure's Army Card will stay on the Army Card.

Halushia, Scion of the Wild
  • points 130 -> 120
  • COMMAND FAMILIAR
    After revealing an Order Marker on Halushia, before taking Halushia's turn, you may take a turn with a small or medium Beast you control.
  • ROUSE THE GLADE
    Figures adjacent to a tree or bush roll one fewer defense dice when attacked by Halushia.
  • RIDE-BY SPECIAL ATTACK
    Range 1. Attack 3.
    Instead of moving and attacking normally with Halushia, you may move Halushia up to 4 spaces. Halushia can attack up to 3 times with Ride-By Special Attack at any point before, during, or after this move as long as Halushia is on a space where he can end his movement. Halushia cannot attack the same figure more than once in a single turn. When using Ride-By Special Attack, Halushia is never attacked when leaving an engagement.

Necrotech Wraithriders
  • points 100 -> 90
  • ROLLING MOVEMENT
    A Necrotech Wraithrider cannot move onto a space more than 2 levels above its base.

Scavorith, Lord of Ruin
  • BATTLE SURGE
    After taking a turn with Scavorith, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on this Army Card to take one additional turn with Scavorith. You cannot use Double Burst Special Attack on that turn. If Scavorith does not attack a figure on the additional turn, Scavorith receives one wound.

Queen Maladrix the Conqueror
  • Moved Festering Honor Guard Bonding power to be the first power listed
  • FESTERING HONOR GUARD BONDING
    After revealing an Order Marker on Queen Maladrix and before taking her turn, you may first take a turn with your Festering Honor Guard.
  • INFESTATION 9
    After taking a turn with Queen Maladrix, you may choose a Unique Hero adjacent to Queen Maladrix that does not have a Festering Honor Guard on its Army Card and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 9 or higher, you may place one of your destroyed Festering Honor Guard on that Hero's Army Card.

Festering Honor Guard
  • class Minions -> Guards
  • PARASITE
    For the entire game, if one of your Festering Honor Guards is on a Unique Hero's Army Card at the end of the round, you must roll the 20-sided die for that Hero. If you roll a 17 or higher, destroy that Hero. If a Festering Honor Guard is on a Unique Hero's Army Card when that Hero is destroyed by this power, or by a normal attack, special attack, or leaving engagement attack, place that Festering Honor Guard on a space that Hero occupied, if possible.
  • MOTHERLESS RAGE
    If Queen Maladrix is in your army, when Queen Maladrix is destroyed, you may move any unrevealed Order Markers from Queen Maladrix's Army Card to this card. Festering Honor Guard add 1 to their Attack value if your Queen Maladrix is destroyed.
Old November 23rd, 2022, 02:15 PM

Copying & pasting your post:
Quote:
Copying & pasting my own post:
Quote:
ANNOUNCEMENT INCOMING RIGHT HERE PAY ATTENTION FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE PUT DOWN YOUR COFFEE THIS IS SERIOUS AND I MEAN SERIOUS

Greeings, gentle reader interested in the Age of Annihilation. Thank you for your attention to this moment in the history of our beloved game. I would like to share something with you.

The Avalon Hill team released many units to the world - and to us, the community - including several even as the campaign was winding down, with no chance of success. I am fortunate to have been released from the NDA to discuss certain subjects, including the evolution of designs that have been released. To that end, I am permitted to say, and I do say, the following:
Every unit that was released was in final form to our satisfaction as designers and playtesters. The only changes that might have followed were cosmetic, including (1) names of units and powers, and (2) precise "height" value. Other than those two things, these units were all final, to our satisfaction and to Craig's.
I have heard, but not seen, that some expressed a concern that these designs were still "beta." They were not. They were finished. Were they released as part of a finished AH product? No. But they were finished.

Thank you.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion