SlikkRikk
Xotli
SSX
S1R ARTOR1US
BIGJIM
Skeletor
Maginating
Hivelord

April 24th, Saturday, for an informal tournament/game day at the same place we had SoCal Slaughter! 2009, Olive Tree Apartments, 14960 Sherman Way in Van Nuys, 91405.
We could use the same rules as before with the army switcheroo.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=26639
Hopefully, we could get in some D&D Heroscape, as well as some other boardgames. We could just have prizes from the entry fees, instead of a whole table of donations or do away with prizes altogether?
Please post your interest as 'yes', 'no' or 'maybe'.
Thanks,
Greg (wnfb)
Due to lack of interest, there will be no entry fee just donations accepted to cover the $25 rental. Also, instead of a tournament it's probably best to just have open play.

Last edited by warriorneedsfoodbadly; April 24th, 2010 at 10:39 AM. Reason: update/clean
Old March 15th, 2010, 12:01 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: SoCal 1/2 Slaughter! 2010

I like the 24th.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old March 18th, 2010, 01:18 PM
Beware the Curse

boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker

Sorry, G, but the whole of April is pretty shot for me. I'm bummed.

Good trades: Oogie Da Bruce, EyeOfSauron, Lilnewbie, rodriguez, Jaz1597(x2), GeneralRolando, SlikkRikk, BIGJIM, Lord Pyre

All new 'scapers, check this out:
http://tinyurl.com/6x3wlu
Old March 22nd, 2010, 12:35 AM

warriorneedsfoodbadly is surprisingly tart

Sorry you can't make it boom. Well, I guess we'll aim for the 24th. That should gives us time to get the latest wave and hopefully drum up some more interest.
Old March 22nd, 2010, 12:56 AM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Cool, so wnfb, since you're the event organizer, do you have any idea what the point level will be?

Old March 23rd, 2010, 02:42 PM
SoCal League Member

Detrimentalman is surprisingly tart

Any of those dates should be good for me *bump*

I believe he literally meant the same rules as last time, so I am guessing the same point values.

I am missing various figures, probably borrowed and never returned. My initials SMT are on the underside of the base on all of my figures, thanks in advance for returning them upon discovery...
Old March 23rd, 2010, 03:09 PM
Gets It!!!

I missed that, thanks D-man.

So we're assuming that this point that we're going to be playing with these parameters (or a close variation of)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Tourney
Rules:
Format: swiss/simple, either 5 matches or 6 if more than 32 people, timed matches (see below), partial scoring, dual army play (see below)
Cost: $5 per contestant for prizes and rental of space
Armies: 520pts, second army is optional, 24 spaces
Marvel: not allowed
Glyphs: not allowed
Trophies: -
Prizes: -
Must Bring: Your army or armies (see Dual Army Play below); army cards; dice; order markers; wound markers; special markers if appropriate
Can Bring: Snacks/drinks; a contribution to the prize table

Old March 24th, 2010, 12:05 AM

warriorneedsfoodbadly is surprisingly tart

Correct, things are most easily kept the same as in October. However, if someone feels strongly, or if most don't really care one way or the other,
we could open it up for some changes.

I'll put the date into the calendar of events.
Old April 6th, 2010, 04:20 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I have to maintain a "maybe" on this one. SSX has a surgery on 4/20 ... minor, outpatient stuff, so nothing to be concerned about, but I know he's not going to feel up to it, and there's a good chance I'll still be needed around the house as well. So I'll have to play it by ear, but, if I had to guess, I'd lean towards a "no."

But everyone keep your fingers crossed for an even more speedy recovery than expected and there's always a chance that it'll be NBD. Or maybe possibly I could come out and just spectate with the smaller animal (that is, my 4yo) for a little while just so he can see what's going on (and SSX might appreciate the break by that point).

(Short father tangent: The little one, BTW, absolutely loves the elementals, who he refers to as "fire guy, water guy, wind guy, and earthcrusher." And occasionally throws the GIE in there as "ice guy." I showed him the preview pics when they were up on the front page and the first thing he said was "let's look at the cards." So he made me read him the cards and all their powers. A month later when my box came, I opened it up after he'd gone to bed, opened a pack of each one so I could drool over the new sculpts, and left all the new guys artfully arranged on the mega-map on the dining room table. I put the water elemental in the lake, the fire elemental in the lava pool, etc. The smaller animal comes downstairs in the morning, immediately notices the elementals, his eyes get huge, and he says "We have these guys?" Then he starts gathering up all the elementals. He sees the GIE, which I've perched up on the snowfield on top of the mountain. He picks him up, looks at me, and says matter-of-factly: "We should put him in the water so he can turn it all to ice." I was pretty stunned that he remembered that much detail from what I'd read him of the special powers on the cards. So, let me tell you, as soon as I can convince him to actually roll the dice to attack, instead of picking up the figures and smashing them into each other, he's going to be dangerous. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old April 6th, 2010, 02:20 PM

King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker

I'm pretty sure I have O.C. championships that weekend for Track, so I can't go. I think I'll have to hold a SoCal 3/4ths in Summer when I don't have anything go on.

King of the Marro is Killer Bee...
aboard
<<<Oblivion>>>...
Old April 6th, 2010, 04:07 PM

SlikkRikk knows what's in an order marker SlikkRikk knows what's in an order marker

April 24 is already taken for me. Sorry guys. Have fun!

My Recent Plays:
Old April 6th, 2010, 04:40 PM
Gets It!!!

I'm not going to be all that inclinced to drive up if we don't get a few more solid people . . . .

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events