Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old November 18th, 2007, 05:17 AM

tchop is surprisingly tart
You should mention under attacking about only attacking who you're engaged with. That is actually a really common "newb" thing.
Old November 18th, 2007, 08:37 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Long: try: 10 height + defender's height difference

I look forward to seeing these on Wednesday.
Old November 18th, 2007, 10:01 AM

LongHeroscaper has disabled reputation
tchop, that's a good idea. I will include it in.

Revdyer, thanks a lot! I will use your suggestion.

L...o....n......g.....H...e.....r....o.....S....c....a....p...e......r .....
Heroscape Brief Card for Beginners.
How to share your maps with the world.
VirtualScape 101.
My map thread.
Old December 1st, 2007, 01:18 AM

I have changed some information in the card, such as extreme height advantage and "must attack the adjacent figures". Thanks everyone for checking it out and helping me with it.
Here is the link to the high resolution, 2 page PDF file, which I also included in the first post.

VirtualScape 101.
My map thread.
Old December 14th, 2007, 12:07 AM

chuynn Woo who?
Thank you Thank you !!!!

My son and I have started a small gaming club at his school. When I found this card it was Great It really helped the kids.,

My son and I are working on starting a bunch of new Scapers.

The more there are the greater the glory!!!!
Old December 14th, 2007, 12:59 AM
Mayor of Scape City

peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I'm about to teach 7 people the game tomorrow night, so thank you for making this! It should be a great help.

p.s. Maybe we'll convert some new scapers??!!

PROUD MEMBER OF THE 2013 "BEAT BY XANTH" CLUB
and Minas Tirith Campaign from Lord of the Rings today.
Old December 14th, 2007, 07:54 AM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!
Total noob here saying THANK YOU LongHeroscaper!!

This is exactly what I needed. Awesome idea. I am also looking very forward to the completion of HeroscapeLunatic's Heroscape Omnibus. You guys rock!
Old December 14th, 2007, 09:34 AM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
very nice aid, great job!

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old December 18th, 2007, 01:56 PM

Thanks everyone for your nice words ! It does make my day, and I am glad that it helps. I have not noticed that this got stickied! What a great Christmas gift! Thanks a lot, admins !
If you have any other suggestion, please let me know. I am thinking of putting a background to make it less "whitey". But more important is information. If you think some information should be put in there, please let me know as well.
Thanks again!

VirtualScape 101.
My map thread.
Old January 6th, 2008, 08:15 AM

Drkranger has disabled reputation
Move up clarification

Just started with this game and I have a rules clarification question. I've attached the image below because it shows a perfect example of my problem.

The rules for moving up say that you "count the side of each level as well as the space you're landing on to move to a higher level." The height limit rule says that a "figure cannot move up a number of levels equal to or higher than its height number all at once."

As the card below shows, this character has a move of 6 and a height of 5. Which rule takes precedence? According to the height limit rules, this character would not be able to move up to a height level of 5 (normally taking 6 move points). Now, I could see how this issue would be okay with a height of 6 for this character when trying to move up 6 since moving up 6 would require 7 move points, but in the case of this card (5 height, 6 move), which rule takes over?

Thoughts? Thanks.

By the way, I jumped into this game pretty heavily from the start. Picked up the Marvel master, then found the Marro pretty cheap and due to an ordering snafu, ended up with 2 Valkyrie master sets. I think my Battletech clicks will get some use now too. Anyone created custom units for Battletech clicks?

DrkRanger
Old January 6th, 2008, 08:37 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
The height rule works just as you thought...even if you have the movement to climb a stack of five hexes, since it is equal to your height, you can't go there directly, but have to find a way with lower stages to climb up that high. The fact that you've got the movement does not eliminate the restriction on how high you can climb. The movement has to be less than your height.
Old January 6th, 2008, 11:10 AM

Drkranger has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer
The height rule works just as you thought...even if you have the movement to climb a stack of five hexes, since it is equal to your height, you can't go there directly, but have to find a way with lower stages to climb up that high. The fact that you've got the movement does not eliminate the restriction on how high you can climb. The movement has to be less than your height.
Sorry, you lost me. Are you saying that the height limit always takes precedence to move rate?

Another example: unit has 8 move but 3 height. That unit cannot move up anything higher than 2 alone. That unit would have to find ledges and such to go up to elevations higher than 2.

In other words, the height limit is always in effect?

Thanks,

DrkRanger

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion