Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old April 9th, 2009, 12:54 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Ask Craig Van Ness...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggable Zombie View Post
Hey guys,

I've got an opportunity to do an interview with Craig for an upcoming feature on Heroscape that I'm writing for the newspaper here in Sac that runs my regular column. It'll be a general introductory piece on Heroscape, its design, its history, and its value for those looking for family entertainment on a budget.

So, with that in mind, I have about 15 questions that I can ask Craig and would love to get some questions from you guys that you might want to see answered. Bear in mind that this is going to be a general-interest piece to an audience uniformed about HS, so technical/strategy questions aren't really going to make the cut. But if there's something that you've been wondering, please post and let me know- I'll see if I can work it in.
I think that for the purposes of your article, YOU would know better what types of questions to ask Craig. It just doesn't seem to fit this hodge podge of fan questions that are specific to the details of the game. What you need are more general questions and for those I would imagine that you would know best what your article is trying to accomplish.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old April 9th, 2009, 12:56 PM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I like the question about what he envisioned HS being in the market. As someone said, bringing wargaming to the masses or was it just a dream of his childhood to do a game like this. What ideas or what influenced him on the concept of HS.

But more importantly, what is he currently working on and what are some future games we should look forward to from him. He has done some of the best ameritrash games ever so I'd love to know what he's hoping to develop in the future.

Also, I'd like to know were other of his interests in gaming lie, euro games, GW, At43, unpainted minis, poker, rpg, video games, etc.

Favorite author, movie, music, tv show are always great questions from people I admire. SImple, but fun to know.

Can I have a figure made after me? He he.

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old April 9th, 2009, 12:57 PM

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm with GB, less spcecific and more broad are always good questions.

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old April 9th, 2009, 01:01 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

And don't forget that Craig is young and a father as well. He's a family man with young boys. This family of his has to be a big motivator for him.

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old April 9th, 2009, 01:04 PM

mrkurtb knows what's in an order marker mrkurtb knows what's in an order marker

What has surprised him most about Heroscape?
Old April 9th, 2009, 01:19 PM

Kobu knows what's in an order marker Kobu knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
For those aking about how he came up with Heroscae etc etc...there is a podcast interview with Craig from truth a Heroscapers.com
Those are exactly the kind of questions that should be in a general interview like this.
Old April 9th, 2009, 01:25 PM

Huggable Zombie rolls all skulls baby! Huggable Zombie rolls all skulls baby! Huggable Zombie rolls all skulls baby! Huggable Zombie rolls all skulls baby! Huggable Zombie rolls all skulls baby! Huggable Zombie rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
I think that for the purposes of your article, YOU would know better what types of questions to ask Craig. It just doesn't seem to fit this hodge podge of fan questions that are specific to the details of the game. What you need are more general questions and for those I would imagine that you would know best what your article is trying to accomplish.
I'm beginning to think you're right, GB- ie, the "Ask Craig where I can buy VW and can he send me one?" or "Ask Craig why I keep getting beat so badly" vein of questions is not what I envisioned as suggestions, but seem to be getting.

Thanks for the advice on his family- that's good to know going in.

...Just another nerd.

::: Great Traders: Hilo-scaper x3; Just_A_Bill; SuperflyTNT; Jim x3; Mutt Lo x2; generalgina; Sonlen4MVP; jsilvrs;
::: Avoid: Troubleman23
Old April 9th, 2009, 01:26 PM

Huggable Zombie rolls all skulls baby! Huggable Zombie rolls all skulls baby! Huggable Zombie rolls all skulls baby! Huggable Zombie rolls all skulls baby! Huggable Zombie rolls all skulls baby! Huggable Zombie rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkurtb View Post
What has surprised him most about Heroscape?
Good, general question. Simple and I like it.

...Just another nerd.

::: Great Traders: Hilo-scaper x3; Just_A_Bill; SuperflyTNT; Jim x3; Mutt Lo x2; generalgina; Sonlen4MVP; jsilvrs;
Old April 9th, 2009, 01:27 PM

I did like at least one of my questions, the one about what he's currently developing or is thinking to in the future.

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old April 9th, 2009, 01:27 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggable Zombie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
I'm beginning to think you're right, GB- ie, the "Ask Craig where I can buy VW and can he send me one?" or "Ask Craig why I keep getting beat so badly" vein of questions.
and we've done all those in our interviews with him over the years.

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old April 9th, 2009, 01:28 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

HZ...one thing I learned about Craig is that he really likes the fans and will take time to talk to them at game conventions...(but don't get all fanboy stalker on him) You may want to ask him about his interaction with the fan community and see if he has any funny stories about it.
Old April 9th, 2009, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
HZ...one thing I learned about Craig is that he really likes the fans and will take time to talk to them at game conventions...(but don't get all fanboy stalker on him) You may want to ask him about his interaction with the fan community and see if he has any funny stories about it.
Great idea!

...Just another nerd.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion