Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing
3D Printing A Forum to discuss 3D Printing

Notices

Old December 19th, 2019, 01:18 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Index of Classic Heroscape .stl files

Awesome.
Any word on the resin print tuk?
Old December 19th, 2019, 01:22 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Some Christmas angels!

Minions of Utgar
Minion of Utgar 1 (matte)
Minion of Utgar 2 (matte)
Minion of Utgar 3 (matte)
I don't know what kind of Christmas you're celebrating but mine is usually a bit less demonic
Old December 19th, 2019, 01:34 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Has anyone printed any of the matte scans in resin? Ive been debating switching to a resin printer for minis.
If you switch I’m gonna be asking for some favors. I have some small things I can’t get right with filament. Hot wheels scale wheels have been my kryptonite.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 19th, 2019, 01:39 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

For terrain or use on a Hot Wheels?
WK may be able to help you dial it in.
Old December 19th, 2019, 01:47 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Nice @whiteknight , I so want to make some big ones of these for big demonesk guys.
Hopefully the details will work at larger sizes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Some Christmas angels!

I don't know what kind of Christmas you're celebrating but mine is usually a bit less demonic

Even Utgar celebrates Christmas! Haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Has anyone printed any of the matte scans in resin? Ive been debating switching to a resin printer for minis.
If you switch I’m gonna be asking for some favors. I have some small things I can’t get right with filament. Hot wheels scale wheels have been my kryptonite.
I've printed some wheels to use for hot wheels type cars. I brought them to a school and had kids make their own cars out of wood with 3D printed wheels and pins for axles. They worked great.
Old December 19th, 2019, 02:07 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Talking Re: Index of Classic Heroscape .stl files

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
I could probably get decent wheels off of my fdm printer but I truly hate how my supports damge some of the figures Ive printed with fdm. If I do get a resin printer it wont be very soon because Ive spent an unhealthy amount of cash on my miniatures addiction lately. When I get one and get it rolling Ill let you know though. @whiteknight , the details look about the same on the different figures Ive biggie sized so far.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old December 19th, 2019, 05:50 PM

Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I've been playing around with my printer for a couple days, and learning from the failures I've had. The axegrinders only printed the legs to me not supporting them correctly, and with Wosaga I put a lot of supports on her (maybe too many) and I've cleaned her up a bit since this photo and she's looking good enough for me. I could've oriented her to print better and faster. I'm going to try again with the axegrinders this weekend.
Old December 19th, 2019, 07:03 PM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toogwick_tuk View Post

I've been playing around with my printer for a couple days, and learning from the failures I've had. The axegrinders only printed the legs to me not supporting them correctly, and with Wosaga I put a lot of supports on her (maybe too many) and I've cleaned her up a bit since this photo and she's looking good enough for me. I could've oriented her to print better and faster. I'm going to try again with the axegrinders this weekend.
The Axegrinders look like they pulled away from the build plate. I don't know much about resin printers, but I think that's a bed height issue.

How fragile are the figures? That's one concern I have with resin.
Old December 19th, 2019, 08:26 PM

Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Yeah, that was what happened with them, but then wosaga printed with the same height fine. So, from what I figured out was that it was a combination of a weak connection between the build plate and then sticking too well to the FEP film it's printed on. I'm gonna retry them with different supports and leveling the plate again to see how it goes.

In terms of fragility of the resin, I'm using the standard anycubic grey resin that they sell, and it's not super fragile (but it depends on the sculpt). Wosaga is fairly chunky so she seems fairly durable, but I think somethin like the Tagawa Samurai archers might have some potential issues. I've also heard of some resins being more flexible than others, but I forgot where I heard that.
Old December 20th, 2019, 01:14 PM

Empress Kiova (matte)
Runa (matte)
Old December 20th, 2019, 04:05 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Im really thinking about getting one of these fellas. Figured Id post a link.
LONGER Orange 10 3D Printer, Resin SLA 3D Printer with Touch Color Screen, Parallel LED Lighting, Off-line Printing, Self-developed Slicing Software, Temperature Warning Build Size 3.86 x 2.17x 5.5 in https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RT7TW38..._GAt.Db9WGSDXZ

Only 165 bucks

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old December 20th, 2019, 04:16 PM

Oh man that is going to be hard to resist. Thanks for the tip!!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing