Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old July 4th, 2010, 03:05 PM

Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby! Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby! Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby! Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby!
Starcraft 2

So, who's as hyped as I am for the release? July 27 seems like an eternity away!

Anyways, my favorite faction is Protoss, followed by the Zerg. I'm not in the beta (because I'm a newb, never played SC before), but I'm still so excited.

Elf_Archer is the Sacred Band...
in the GARNET CAVE...
Old July 4th, 2010, 03:37 PM
Founder of Democracy

TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Starcraft 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf_Archer View Post
So, who's as hyped as I am for the release? July 27 seems like an eternity away!

Anyways, my favorite faction is Protoss, followed by the Zerg. I'm not in the beta (because I'm a newb, never played SC before), but I'm still so excited.
Is it necessary to play SC1 to play SC2? Will i be lost with the story?
Old July 4th, 2010, 03:44 PM

Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby! Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby! Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby! Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleKing99 View Post
Quote:

Is it necessary to play SC1 to play SC2? Will i be lost with the story?
I'm really not sure. I'm not that into single player, but I'm sure Blizzard made the game accessible. They wouldn't be Blizzard otherwise.

in the GARNET CAVE...
Old July 6th, 2010, 09:38 AM

Myst9 knows what's in an order marker Myst9 knows what's in an order marker Myst9 knows what's in an order marker

I'm a big fan of the game. I don't think you'll need to know the previous storyline, but it will make a lot of things make more sense, and if you read/play through it first, it will be more exciting. Ever heard of Kerrigan? Obviously? Well, her complete backstory is in the first game.

My favorite are the Zerg with their swarming capabilities and zergling, but the Protoss are close because they have CARRIERS. I love watching a group of those work. The imagry, the power, everything! The Terran seem kind of bland, but their ghosts (with science vessels) and seige tanks and way cool.

For our battle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, ...authorities, ...the world powers of this darkness, ...the spiritual forces of evil in the heavens. Ephesians 6:12.
Old July 6th, 2010, 04:45 PM

Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker

I like the Terran. I don't know how good SC2 will re-cap the story of SC1, but in a nutshell. There are 2 factions of Terran, the Confederacy and a rebel group the Sons of Korhal, Jim Ranor (the hero) defected to the Sons of Korhal with their leader Arcturis Mengsk, and Lieutenant Kerrigan. They, overthrow the Confederacy, but Mengsk gets power crazy and sends Kerrigan on a suicide mission which results in her getting abducted by the zerg. Ranor abandons Mengsk and tries to save Kerrigan, but she is transformed into the queen of blades, and now commands the zerg to try to control the universe. The Protoss and the Terran now must combine forces to defeat a common enemy.
Old July 7th, 2010, 03:07 PM

DarQraven Woo who?

I am SUPER excited for this.
Been playing beta for a long time and thoroughly enjoy playing this against friends and roommates. Ladder matches, too, but less. Probably due to me not being too good yet and random ladder matches requiring a very high degree of alertness and concentration.

I play Protoss now, since I just love their high-tech feel and general GOTCHA!!!-style abilities and tech. I plan on playing mostly random on release, though.

For all you not familiar with the SC1 story, here's a good link. It recaps most of the SC1 story (the important bits anyway) and shows off awesome concept art.
Old July 7th, 2010, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarQraven View Post
Been playing beta for a long time and thoroughly enjoy playing this against friends and roommates. Ladder matches, too, but less. Probably due to me not being too good yet and random ladder matches requiring a very high degree of alertness and concentration.

I play Protoss now, since I just love their high-tech feel and general GOTCHA!!!-style abilities and tech. I plan on playing mostly random on release, though.

For all you not familiar with the SC1 story, here's a good link. It recaps most of the SC1 story (the important bits anyway) and shows off awesome concept art.
How'd you get into the beta? We're you a high level SC 1 player?

in the GARNET CAVE...
Old July 7th, 2010, 03:31 PM

DarQraven Woo who?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarQraven View Post

How'd you get into the beta? We're you a high level SC 1 player?
I'm not a high-level SC1 player by any means, just took an above-average interest in the game and got lucky.
I got in through a forum drawing contest over at insidegamer.nl, a game reporter over there received two keys and only needed one. Behold.

The lovechild of Jim Raynor and Sarah Kerrigan

Anyway, after that I received another beta key by preordering, and got two friend invites a while later.

Pretty unfair, though. I know some super-enthusiasts over at teamliquid.net that have been waiting for a key for months and haven't got one, while I had four (before I gave them away).
Old August 4th, 2010, 05:54 PM

Spectre007 Woo who?

So how many of you out there picked this up? I bought it on release and have been enjoying the campaign... Anyone interested in playing, send me an email Spectreoo7@hotmail.com
Old August 4th, 2010, 06:00 PM

delphic rolls all skulls baby! delphic rolls all skulls baby! delphic rolls all skulls baby! delphic rolls all skulls baby!

I just finished the campaign and I completely love this game.

No bugs, GREAT Story, Lots of high quality movies, and very diverse armies. My favorite is harvesting minierals on a lava planet.

Now the meditation begins for the release of FALLOUT NEW VEGAS.

Neg Rep of the Year :

"Desre for good grammar makes one looking to destroy fun??"

I love it when the overly critical can't meet their own expectations.
Old August 4th, 2010, 07:25 PM

Grand Moff Venom Woo who?

I loved it. i loved the origional, I loved this game. No bugs or anything. Can anyone give me their name and chracter number to add them as friends? My name is Venom and my character number is 850.

P.S. Protoss Rule!

Last edited by Grand Moff Venom; August 4th, 2010 at 08:38 PM.
Old August 4th, 2010, 09:55 PM

Rodriquez has disabled reputation

Ive got it and so far it's verra good, havent played much though
however my kid loves the Thor pet that came with it(for those WoW fans) hahaha.

cheers
Rod

good trades:Caravaggio, Gabbi, Drfeelgood,aljovin,vydar,rrhino,boom, Pallindromemaster, spidysox, Eckels, wytefang, Rym, Armegeddon, Fatboy Chubby, Forgehammer, Grison

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games