Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old July 6th, 2023, 02:27 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: MCC-Makers of Custom Cards-turning customs from text to

Well met!

Thanks so much -again!

Any suggestions?

Old July 6th, 2023, 07:36 PM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

That was a bit over the top. After Arrow Grut talked to me, I came up with this, but hold off on the card for the moment, as Shiftrex suggested an improved version of Saber Storm Special Attack.

Gráinne O'Hara
General: Vydar
Half-Elf, Unique Hero, Captain, Disciplined, Medium 5
Life 4, Move 6, Range 7, Attack 3, Defense 4

Combat Leader
If at least one Order Marker is on Gráinne O'Hara, you may add 3 to your initiative roll.

Double Attack
When Gráinne O'Hara attacks, she may attack one additional time.

Saber Storm Special Attack
Range 1, Attack 1, 2, or 3
Gráinne O'Hara starts each turn with 6 attack dice. Choose any adjacent figure and attack by rolling 1, 2, or 3 attack dice. Gráinne O'Hara may keep making special attacks with 1, 2, or 3 attack dice until she has rolled all 6 attack dice. Gráinne O'Hara may target the same or different figures with each attack.

As with Kha long ago, this figure uses existing powers in a different, unique way.

I think I'm onto something here, but, of course, you've heard that before . . .

Last edited by kolakoski; July 6th, 2023 at 10:38 PM.
Old July 6th, 2023, 10:58 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post

Well met!

That was a bit over the top. After Arrow Grut talked to me, I came up with this, but hold off on the card for the moment, as Shiftrex suggested an improved version of Saber Storm Special Attack.

Gráinne O'Hara

Combat Leader
If at least one Order Marker is on Gráinne O'Hara, you may add 3 to your initiative roll.

Double Attack
When Gráinne O'Hara attacks, she may attack one additional time.

Saber Storm Special Attack
Gráinne O'Hara starts each turn with 6 attack dice. Choose any adjacent figure and attack by rolling 1, 2, or 3 attack dice. Gráinne O'Hara may keep making special attacks with 1, 2, or 3 attack dice until she has rolled all 6 attack dice. Gráinne O'Hara may target the same or different figures with each attack.

As with Kha long ago, this figure uses existing powers in a different, unique way.

I think I'm onto something here, but, of course, you've heard that before . . .

From what I've read in some other threads, looks like you have more changes coming. I'll wait to post a new card until after your next set of revisions.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old July 7th, 2023, 05:53 AM

Well met!

Good morning 'Scapers! Today's iteration of Gráinne O'Hara:

Gráinne O'Hara

Combat Leader

Saber Dance
Instead of moving and attacking normally, You may move Gráinne O'Hara up to 6 spaces. Gráinne O'Hara may attack at any point before, during, or after this move as long as she is on a space where she could end her movement. Gráinne O'Hara starts each turn with 6 attack dice. Choose any adjacent figure and attack by rolling 1, 2, or 3 attack dice. Gráinne O'Hara may keep making special attacks with 1, 2, or 3 attack dice until she has rolled all 6 attack dice. Gráinne O'Hara may target the same or different figures with each attack.

Captain's Prerogative
Before Gráinne O'Hara's normal attack, if you reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card, you may add one automatic skull to that attack.

Disengage
Gráinne O'Hara is never attacked when leaving an engagement.

Last edited by kolakoski; July 7th, 2023 at 07:00 AM.
Old July 7th, 2023, 12:03 PM

Well met!

See discussion in Kolakoski’s Pre-SoV Custom Corner.

Gráinne O'Hara
Life 4, Move 5, Range 7, Attack 3, Defense 4

Combat Leader

Irish Saber Dance
Instead of moving and attacking normally, You may move Gráinne O'Hara up to 5 spaces. Gráinne O'Hara may attack at any point before, during, or after this move as long as she is on a space where she could end her movement. Gráinne O'Hara starts each turn with 6 attack dice. Choose any adjacent figure and attack by rolling 1, 2, or 3 attack dice. Gráinne O'Hara may keep making special attacks with 1, 2, or 3 attack dice until she has rolled all 6 attack dice. Gráinne O'Hara may target the same or different figures with each attack. Before Gráinne O'Hara makes an attack during her Irish Saber Dance, if you reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card, you may add one automatic skull to that attack.

Disengage

Last edited by kolakoski; July 7th, 2023 at 06:58 PM.
Old July 7th, 2023, 07:03 PM

Well met!

Quote:

Gráinne O'Hara
Life 4, Move 5, Range 7, Attack 3, Defense 4

Combat Leader

Irish Saber Dance
Instead of moving and attacking normally, You may move Gráinne O'Hara up to 5 spaces. Gráinne O'Hara may attack at any point before, during, or after this move as long as she is on a space where she could end her movement. Gráinne O'Hara starts each turn with 6 attack dice. Choose any adjacent figure and attack by rolling 1, 2, or 3 attack dice. Gráinne O'Hara may keep making special attacks with 1, 2, or 3 attack dice until she has rolled all 6 attack dice. Gráinne O'Hara may target the same or different figures with each attack. Before Gráinne O'Hara makes an attack during her Irish Saber Dance, if you reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card, you may add one automatic skull to that attack.

Disengage

Hey mac! I think I'm ready for a card!

Old July 7th, 2023, 11:45 PM

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Hey mac! I think I'm ready for a card!

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old July 8th, 2023, 09:59 AM

Well met!

Thanks, mac! I see the text barely fit on the card. Good job! I'm Hosting the Gang's August meeting, so Gráinne will get a good workout soon. I will, of course, keep you informed . . .

Last edited by kolakoski; July 8th, 2023 at 11:00 AM.
Old July 16th, 2023, 06:38 AM

Well met!

I'm sure she would be fun to play as is, but I've decided that this custom's special power just doesn't fit with her sculpt or her role. So, here in the wee hours of the morning, I have come up with a couple of powers more consistent with her being a Captain.

Nikerym O'Hara
Life 4, Move 5, Range 4, Attack 3, Defense 3

Combat Leader
If at least one Order Marker is on Nikerym O'Hara, you may add 3 to your initiative roll.

First Mate
At the beginning of the game, designate a Human, Elf or Half-Elf Unique Hero you control to be your First Mate. If Order Marker 1 is placed on Nikerym O'Hara, then before taking that turn with Nikerym O'Hara, you may take a turn with your First Mate.

Protect the Captain
When Nikerym O'Hara would receive one or more wounds from an attacking figure, you may reveal the "X" Order Marker and place all those wounds on any figure you control adjacent to Nikerym O'Hara.

Last edited by kolakoski; July 16th, 2023 at 01:18 PM.
Old July 16th, 2023, 07:47 AM

Shadowking rolls all skulls baby! Shadowking rolls all skulls baby! Shadowking rolls all skulls baby! Shadowking rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:

Well met!

I'm sure she would be fun to play as is, but I've decided that this custom's special power just doesn't fit with her sculpt or her role. So, here in the wee hours of the morning, I have come up with a couple of powers more consistent with her being a Captain.

Nikerym O'Hara
Life 4, Move 5, Range 4, Attack 3, Defense 3

Combat Leader
If at least one Order Marker is on Nikerym O'Hara, you may add 3 to your initiative roll.

First Mate
At the beginning of the game, designate a Human, Elf or Half-Elf Unique Hero you control to be your First Mate. If Order Marker 1 is placed on Nikerym O'Hara, then before taking that turn with Nikerym O'Hara, you may take a turn with your First Mate.

Protect the Captain
When Nikerym O'Hara receives one or more wounds from an attacking figure, you may reveal the "X" Order Marker and place all those wounds on any figure you control adjacent to Nikerym O'Hara.

I don't mean this in a rude way, but I feel like it might be worth just writing these versions out on paper and actually testing them some (and/or just inputting the stats into the online card maker yourself to get a workable card for testing, and ignoring the fancy graphics for now) rather than continually getting poor mac122 to render every single version of this Hero's card you make? Maybe they don't mind, but it feels kinda unfair to expect them to render every change you make, a lot of which don't seem to have gone through any actual tests.
Old July 16th, 2023, 07:56 AM

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowking View Post
I don't mean this in a rude way, but I feel like it might be worth just writing these versions out on paper and actually testing them some (and/or just inputting the stats into the online card maker yourself to get a workable card for testing, and ignoring the fancy graphics for now) rather than continually getting poor mac122 to render every single version of this Hero's card you make? Maybe they don't mind, but it feels kinda unfair to expect them to render every change you make, a lot of which don't seem to have gone through any actual tests.

I could do that, if mac122 feels that way. I think, though, that since the graphics are already done, my understanding is that modifications are pretty easy. I'll ask him.

Old July 16th, 2023, 01:03 PM

Quote:

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowking View Post

I could do that, if mac122 feels that way. I think, though, that since the graphics are already done, my understanding is that modifications are pretty easy. I'll ask him.

Appreciate your concern @Shadowking ! I don't mind helping out with projects like this. As I've told @kolakoski , I've got this set up in MSE, so text changes are very easy.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards