Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old May 16th, 2006, 07:42 PM

RobWeaver has disabled reputation
I've fought games like that, where it was down to 1 KM vs DW9000. They're memorable when they work out in your favor. But really, in my experience, they're rare. Could be the people I play with. Usually there's a clear point where the game shifted and, although one player may still do some dreadful damage, the outcome is decided. Our last fight was like that. 10 turn game and at the end of the 6th turn he said, "If things keep going the way they are, I think I've got about 2 turns left." Sure enough, the last of his characters were eliminated in the 8th turn. His remaining Dumetef Guard had to stand up to a perfect volley of fire from an entire squad of 4th Mass, on high ground, with Wait and Fire.
Old May 22nd, 2006, 12:29 PM

maxdemian30 has disabled reputation
Before drafting AE, check the scenario time limit and figure out if they will have time enough to appear.

Uh...had a slight weapons malfunction. But, uh,
everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here,
now, thank you. How are you?
Old May 22nd, 2006, 09:13 PM

CornPuff knows what's in an order marker CornPuff knows what's in an order marker
Mathguy here.
There is a 40% chance to drop them before each round. it takes an average of 2.5 rolls of the D20 to drop the AE.
Old May 22nd, 2006, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornPuff
Mathguy here.
There is a 40% chance to drop them before each round. it takes an average of 2.5 rolls of the D20 to drop the AE.
Then, unless you are really unlucky, there's no need to worry about the chance of losing the opportunity to use them. Thanx Cornpuff.

Old May 23rd, 2006, 11:59 AM

oogiezone Woo who?
If you drafted the AE, I don't understand why you would not be rolling to drop them at the start of every turn since, at the beginning of the game, your opponent's fig's are almost always closely grouped. Nether did this to me in one game, he drafted the AE and won initiative. They dropped on the first turn. He took out something like 7 of my figures because I rolled all blanks for defense.

Sidebar: I rolled each and every one of these all blank rolls while using a dice tower, and consequently, I will never use one again.

Anyways, IMO, it would be better to try and drop the AE at the beginning of the game and wreak some havok behind enemy lines than to horde them until later in the game and try to gang-bang a single unit.
Old May 23rd, 2006, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oogiezone
If you drafted the AE, I don't understand why you would not be rolling to drop them at the start of every turn since, at the beginning of the game, your opponent's fig's are almost always closely grouped. Nether did this to me in one game, he drafted the AE and won initiative. They dropped on the first turn. He took out something like 7 of my figures because I rolled all blanks for defense.

Sidebar: I rolled each and every one of these all blank rolls while using a dice tower, and consequently, I will never use one again.

Anyways, IMO, it would be better to try and drop the AE at the beginning of the game and wreak some havok behind enemy lines than to horde them until later in the game and try to gang-bang a single unit.
I guess all depends on the victory conditions.

Old May 23rd, 2006, 12:01 PM

daevablacc has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by oogiezone
gang-bang
:banana:
Old May 23rd, 2006, 12:03 PM

oogiezone Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxdemian30
I guess all depends on the victory conditions.
I suppose so. We almost always play Kill 'em All games.
Old May 23rd, 2006, 12:12 PM

oogiezone Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by daevablacc
:banana:
mmmm!

Old May 23rd, 2006, 12:16 PM

daevablacc has disabled reputation
Heh heh.

On the matter of AE, I wouldn't want to hold them back either. You can at least drop them onto elevation and take advantage of their long range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daevablacc
long

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's