Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old August 1st, 2021, 09:43 PM
VIG & Battleship Galaxies Weasel

P_J_Keller rolls all skulls baby! P_J_Keller rolls all skulls baby! P_J_Keller rolls all skulls baby! P_J_Keller rolls all skulls baby! P_J_Keller rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

I like Xue Shen alot

Just wondering if crouching goat should have a disclaimer that an attacking figure never rolls less than 1 die

There are a number of 1 attack figures that would be totally nerfed by this power

BTW - I am not affiliated with SoV in any way other than enjoying the work those fine folks do
Old August 2nd, 2021, 10:26 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by P_J_Keller View Post
I like Xue Shen alot

Just wondering if crouching goat should have a disclaimer that an attacking figure never rolls less than 1 die

There are a number of 1 attack figures that would be totally nerfed by this power

BTW - I am not affiliated with SoV in any way other than enjoying the work those fine folks do
Having a power that makes a minimum different than 0 causes rules problems. You get different results depending on the order that you apply powers.

It's not new that Attack 1 figures are unable to damage a figure. That was introduced with the Gorillinator's Tough.
Old August 2nd, 2021, 11:26 AM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

That makes sense and was the precedent I was trying to follow. I dont think anything new is introduced with Crouching Goat except the conditional to have that power turn on.
Old August 2nd, 2021, 11:41 AM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

What's Xuè Shèn's homeworld? My vote may be dependent on that.
Old August 2nd, 2021, 02:11 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I dont see a large argument for Arctorous and I dont know enough lore about it to ask for that one. The majority of units for this species are from Toril, it's also known for sure that we would have monks and martial artists on Toril.

I think Toril is my best bet for a planet, I'm not wanting to die on that hill but it is my initial choice.
Old August 2nd, 2021, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
I dont see a large argument for Arctorous and I dont know enough lore about it to ask for that one. The majority of units for this species are from Toril, it's also known for sure that we would have monks and martial artists on Toril.

I think Toril is my best bet for a planet, I'm not wanting to die on that hill but it is my initial choice.
D&D demon that's a monk? Nope, that's a from me. D&D demons are chaotic, lawless, and monstrous. They don't have anything resembling the discipline it takes to be a monk. A devil becoming a monk I could see, so, but not a demon.
Old August 2nd, 2021, 04:33 PM

Like I said, really doesnt matter to me. I see now that your question was leading. Devil Monk is indeed an SRD resource but demon is not. That's fine with me, not trying to violate a canon nor split the hair of demon/devil in scape.

Arctorous makes more sense with that piece of information as it's the only other planet we have this species on canonically.
Old August 2nd, 2021, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Like I said, really doesnt matter to me. I see now that your question was leading. Devil Monk is indeed an SRD resource but demon is not. That's fine with me, not trying to violate a canon nor split the hair of demon/devil in scape.

Arctorous makes more sense with that piece of information as it's the only other planet we have this species on canonically.
I did not mean to lead anything. Submissions require homeworld information (submission rule 4).

Arctorus is fine with me, but some IS members are more protective of it.
Old August 2nd, 2021, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:

I did not mean to lead anything. Submissions require homeworld information (submission rule 4).

Arctorus is fine with me, but some IS members are more protective of it.
I didnt mean lead as in a negative way, you lead me to information that is definitely important to the conversation. I am grateful for you input as always.

I'll see if we can plow ahead with this planet then, I'll add it to the submission.
Old August 2nd, 2021, 05:21 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I don't like Arctorus for that design, which is in the style of more traditional fantasy. Arctorus is the home of Chthonic horrors, abominations, and some weird sci-fi. Sure, there's some pushing of that envelope here and there, but I don't think it's called for in this case.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old August 2nd, 2021, 11:40 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Xué Shén is an interesting design blending the HeroScape demons and monks. Crouching Goat pays good homage to the demons (and Valkrill) having an overarching debuff theme, and Hidden Star evokes Master Lao Xin's autoskull well. I am concerned about the design potentially feeling frustrating to play against for melee armies, though. In theory the wound restrictions should keep this in check, but 3 life can still last a while with solid defensive support.

Thematically, I actually like Arctorus for her. She feels right at home between Corvor and Prince al'Kahora to me, though I suspect that it might be difficult to make it past the sanctum. If it faces opposition, another alternative would be Feylund, albeit it feels weaker thematically and would gate off certain D&D-based designs like Tieflings.

to review Xué Shén.
Old August 3rd, 2021, 12:06 AM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

So, I'm gonna interject it since I've been talking to him on discord. What would opposition be on the home planet of Isadora? Isadora's only gotten 2 units over the years, and we don't know anything really of it. All we know is it's a planet (moon I think actually), that is where the soulborgs keep the maredians. But robots would maximize their resources, especially once the Maredians start dying out, and I could see them having a for-profit prison of sorts where they house some of the galaxies worst prisoners (like Guardians of the Galaxy). It could be used with certain units in playtesting too.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs