Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old June 13th, 2010, 10:52 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
CHCG24 Discussion Thread

The Classic Heroscape Customs Guild 24 Hour Thread
Where your customs are critiqued to perfection in only 24-Hours.

Our Mission:
- To create a workable directory of customs that are ready to be used by any group or player.
- To have a set of quality guaranteed, balanced customs with no errors and are as official as possible.

The Process:
The CHCG24 process focuses on speed and excellence in its critique. In this regard we do not worry about the exact point value of the custom being 100% accurate, but rather that it is playable and within 5-10 points which more, time-consuming play-testing will dictate. Our goal is to quickly and effectively critique and correct any errors on a chosen card. This process DOES NOT include adding new abilities or large scale changes to the Army Card. The process DOES, however, include smaller changes including, but not limited to: rewordings, graphic changes, changes in points, stats changes of 1 or 2, left box details, etc.

Unfortunately, if many creators start suggesting large scale changes because the card is not thematically accurate, too overpowered, too unbalanced, etc. then the nomination must be withdrawn because of too many flaws.

This is a reviewing process for previously critiqued works, not rough drafts.

The process for a specific card is over when three individual members who have been active in the thread give a "thumbs up to the card. A thumbs up may be given by these: OR the words "Thumbs up!".

Once a card is CHCG24'd, a new card must be nominated. The process to nominate a card is described below in bold.

To the Creator:
Once your card has been nominated and you agree to the process, you must be able to make a small commitment to update the card regularly throughout the 1-4 day process. This is to ensure that the process moves along smoothly without huge delays.

When you are nominated choose another card by a custom creator and send them a PM to find out if they are interested in going though the process. This will reduce the delay between cards.

The Rules and Timeframe:
1. You cannot nominate your own card.
2. The creator has 1 day to OK his/her custom for review once it has been posted for nomination.
3. After the creator has OK'd it, the process must be completed in 5 days. If there is not 3 thumbs up in 5 days, another card is nominated by anyone and we move on.
4. If the process completes in under 5 days, immediately start the next process.

Closing Notes:
- Remember that even though you may love a card, the creator may not have the time to go through the process and its nomination may be withdrawn. You CAN nominate a card again, but try to wait for the creator to be more active.
- If your entry is withdrawn for any reason please don't get mad or blame someone. Sometimes things just happen. If you stay active for sure you will get another chance.
- When posting a card for review try to copy the format found below for consistency and accuracy.
- Good luck to all creators!!

Example Nomination:
Rock Construct by tcglkn

This was posted Month Day, Year at HR:MIN.
Process ends: Day of Week, Month Day, Year at HR:MIN

Passed Cards:
CHCG24 Display Thread
Logos:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by tcglkn; October 27th, 2010 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Added Valkrill logo
Old June 14th, 2010, 02:05 AM

odbo255 has disabled reputation
Re: CUC - The Custom Unit Creators

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
We will probably take most of their rules and system, just because it has been proven to work. Any intrest/ideas?
OK, I'll bite. For those of us not familiar with the C3G rules/system, can you please explain?

Items for trade
Heroscape lives on: 3FG C3G C3V CHCG24 CMSP NM24 SoV
Tournament Maps: BoV WoV
Old June 14th, 2010, 09:37 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by odbo255 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
We will probably take most of their rules and system, just because it has been proven to work. Any intrest/ideas?
OK, I'll bite. For those of us not familiar with the C3G rules/system, can you please explain?
There are way to many to explain. I linked you to the C3G in the OP take a look at it.
Old June 14th, 2010, 11:29 AM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

It might be easier to do an NM24 style of thread.
Old June 14th, 2010, 11:33 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
It might be easier to do an NM24 style of thread.
I agree. Start small. Expand as you get particiapnts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old June 14th, 2010, 11:36 AM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

You also might want to reconsider the name-the acronym CUC is already being used on this site.

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)
Old June 14th, 2010, 11:49 AM
The Closer

Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think starting out as a NM24/USC style and then slowly qorking twords a C3G style is the way to. We could follow the C3G rules for the cards and everything, but instead of trying to release expansions right off the bat, start by going over one card at a time until there is enough people and intrest to start doing expansions. Either way you can count me in. I had been wondering why we didn't have anything like what is in the Marvel forums. Also for a name we could try Custom Classic Scape, CCS. I tried a search for the acronym that came up empty, but since I haven't fully gotten the hang of it I might of messed it up and the acronym is in use somewhere.
Old June 14th, 2010, 12:25 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidicul View Post
I tried a search for the acronym that came up empty, but since I haven't fully gotten the hang of it I might of messed it up and the acronym is in use somewhere.
If you search for "CCS" you won't get anything-the search function requires a minimum of 4 characters per word.

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)
Old June 14th, 2010, 12:42 PM
The Closer

Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
Quote:
I tried a search for the acronym that came up empty, but since I haven't fully gotten the hang of it I might of messed it up and the acronym is in use somewhere.
If you search for "CCS" you won't get anything-the search function requires a minimum of 4 characters per word.
Well I said I hadn't figured it all out yet and yes that's exactly what I searched for. So does anyone know if CCS is being used already? If not I think that would be the best way to go.
Old June 14th, 2010, 12:53 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
You can search heroscapers.com from Google. Just type this into the search bar:

site:heroscapers.com ccs

P.S. Nobody seems to be using it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old June 14th, 2010, 12:55 PM
The Closer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Quote:
Quote:
You can search heroscapers.com from Google. Just type this into the search bar:

site:heroscapers.com ccs

P.S. Nobody seems to be using it here.
Thanks for 1) the info about searching through google and 2) doing the search.
Old June 14th, 2010, 02:39 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

so you guys are making a big ole custom thread?

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards