Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project
C3G Project A Place to gather C3G threads without interfering with other Marvel Customs creation

Old January 21st, 2018, 02:39 PM
Self-Destructive Shellfish

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Public Design Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Well having some of those guys around would certainly broaden the utility for that Shark-Repellent Bat-Spray Utility Glyph I'm working on.

Grishnak has some pretty robust 'underwater fight' rules doesn't he? Not sure how well sharks and the like could work thematically in C3G without something like that, given how there's only so much water even on relatively watery maps.

Unless they were landsharks.
I was brainstorming a campy batman in honor of Adam West around the time he passed away. Nothing really came of it, but you can bet he had a Repellant ability.
Old January 21st, 2018, 02:45 PM
Looking where the light is better

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I've got Batman '66 drafted, and a write-up I'm actually pretty excited about. Definite bucket-list item for me.
Old January 21st, 2018, 03:05 PM

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
I've got Batman '66 drafted, and a write-up I'm actually pretty excited about. Definite bucket-list item for me.
No way! That's exciting news
Old January 21st, 2018, 04:02 PM
Not Citrus

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:

Grishnak has some pretty robust 'underwater fight' rules doesn't he? Not sure how well sharks and the like could work thematically in C3G without something like that, given how there's only so much water even on relatively watery maps.
Might be worth putting something like that together, though. I've been meaning to suggest the idea of working on some Classic-style terrain packs, and an underwater one with some Atlantean Guards and/or sharks could work well.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old January 21st, 2018, 04:14 PM

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:

Might be worth putting something like that together, though. I've been meaning to suggest the idea of working on some Classic-style terrain packs, and an underwater one with some Atlantean Guards and/or sharks could work well.
Yeah, if we could do it in a fairly simple/straightforward way, I wouldn't mind having an optional ruleset for underwater stuff (maybe non-optional on some maps).
Old January 21st, 2018, 04:30 PM
Not Citrus

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, if we could do it in a fairly simple/straightforward way, I wouldn't mind having an optional ruleset for underwater stuff (maybe non-optional on some maps).
Grishnakh's rules are pretty simple. Create those, a tutorial for some official coral/Atlantean ruin terrain pieces (you can probably pick these up from pet shops), some Atlantean Warriors and/or underwater creatures, a short rulebook and a map with a scenario or two, and you have a nice Terrain Expansion in the same vein as Road through the Forgotten Forest, Thaelenk Tundra, Volcarren Wasteland or Ticalla Jungle. I think terrain sets like this could be a fun direction for C3G every now and again, honestly.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old January 21st, 2018, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Grishnakh's rules are pretty simple. Create those, a tutorial for some official coral/Atlantean ruin terrain pieces (you can probably pick these up from pet shops), some Atlantean Warriors and/or underwater creatures, a short rulebook and a map with a scenario or two, and you have a nice Terrain Expansion in the same vein as Road through the Forgotten Forest, Thaelenk Tundra, Volcarren Wasteland or Ticalla Jungle. I think terrain sets like this could be a fun direction for C3G every now and again, honestly.
I gotta say, I am very interested in this idea. It really sounds like a lot of fun. Some of my buddies have commented they really want to play Namor and others but are afraid of the water limitations. I will definitely show my support with any playtests needed.
Old January 21st, 2018, 05:17 PM
A Robot in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

A thought, if you wanted to do aquatic creatures outside of a 'underwater' map, you could maybe do something sort of like spells where you basically draft a 'shark attack' special attack for like Aquaman or something. Though I suppose there isn't a single keyword power to use for that.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old January 21st, 2018, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
A thought, if you wanted to do aquatic creatures outside of a 'underwater' map, you could maybe do something sort of like spells where you basically draft a 'shark attack' special attack for like Aquaman or something. Though I suppose there isn't a single keyword power to use for that.
I've had the thought before that Spells technically open the door for a broader system of draftable special powers that key in on different powers/classes/whatever, but it's not really a road I've felt a big urge to go down. Precedent's been set, though, so someone could do that if they really wanted.

That actually would have been a pretty good system for Lantern Constructs.
Old January 21st, 2018, 07:06 PM

Ok just spitballing this, but it's a sea creature that could be summoned by Aquaman or Namor similar to a Green Construct. There are probably a bunch of broken aspects and it might not be workable or draftable but I thought I would give it the old 1-2 Does it work at all?

Name = Sea Creature
Secret Identity = Shark
Species = Shark
Uniqueness = Uncommon Hero
Class = Predator
Personality = Ferocious

SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 5

LIFE = 3

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5
POINTS = 25

FROM THE DEEP
Sea Creatures do not start the game on the battlefield. After revealing an Order Marker on an Atlantean King Army Card, you may immediately place one Sea Creature in your army that is not on the battlefield on any empty water space within 3 clear sight spaces of that Atlantean King. You may not create any additional Sea Creatures on this turn.

AQUATIC SPECIES
Sea Creatures do not stop their movement while entering a water space. Sea Creatures must stop their movement while entering a non-water space. Sea Creatures may not attack while on a non-water space. While on a water space, Sea Creatures may not be targeted by a non-adjacent attack.

FEEDING
This Sea Creature must continue attacking with his normal attack until he does not destroy a figure

Last edited by L0B5T3R; January 21st, 2018 at 08:05 PM.
Old January 22nd, 2018, 12:16 AM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

I was actually trying to come up with a "Talks To Fish" Aquaman a while back, and I was making sharks to go with him. I ended up just deciding to make their base move number just be 1, and gave them this power.

AQUATIC CREATURE
At the start of the game, before rolling for initiative, place each uncommon Shark in your army on an empty water space. If this Shark begins it's turn on a water space, you may add 5 to its move. At the end of the round, if this shark is not occupying a water space, place a wound marker on its card.

Short, straight-forward, and thematic.

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old January 22nd, 2018, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing matter View Post
I was actually trying to come up with a "Talks To Fish" Aquaman a while back, and I was making sharks to go with him. I ended up just deciding to make their base move number just be 1, and gave them this power.

AQUATIC CREATURE
At the start of the game, before rolling for initiative, place each uncommon Shark in your army on an empty water space. If this Shark begins it's turn on a water space, you may add 5 to its move. At the end of the round, if this shark is not occupying a water space, place a wound marker on its card.

Short, straight-forward, and thematic.
But then the shark could be walking and attacking on land

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project