Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old June 22nd, 2019, 10:21 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: DC Lantern Corps: public workshop

What about doing something simpler to tap into the tenacity aspect of "No Lantern Escapes..." and lifting this power off Rocket Raccoon?

Quote:
TENACITY
Rocket Raccoon rolls one additional die against figures leaving an engagement with him and figures roll one additional die against Rocket Raccoon when he leaves an engagement.
I've always dug that one, and kinda wanted to reuse it. It makes sense to me as a low-key anti-Lantern effect, since they fear auto-wounds so much. Works if they're fighting alongside the GLC against Sinestro, or against the GLC.

Not sure if that + Green Power Shield totally sells them either, you'd probably need a different marker burn effect. Or honestly, maybe abandon the batteries.

(I'm by no means an expert on the Alphas, by the by... I know just enough to make suggestions and get myself into trouble.)
Old June 22nd, 2019, 10:35 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

I did include the ability to burn a marker for an extra attack against their chosen figure. So they'd have both a defensive and offensive option for using them. Green Power Shield could also be changed to John Stewart's version, so they can inflict wounds with the shield when adjacent.

I like the idea too much of riffing on the standard power marker mechanic to go with something so radically different. The Alphas should still feel like Green Lanterns and abandoning the power marker mechanic entirely would be disappointing to me.

Tenacity is great thematically, but it's never been a power I've loved. Generally I find people just won't disengage when the penalty is worse like with Killer Croc or Knights of Weston (and disengaging is already rare) so it's a power that won't ever come up most of the time.
Old June 22nd, 2019, 11:06 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Wow! Lots of great stuff here!

Parallax is definitely in the top ten of my to do list ....

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 24th, 2019, 10:56 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

I almost forgot we spun up this Green...
Quote:

NAME = GREEN LANTERN
SECRET IDENTITY = SALAAK

SPECIES = SLYGGIAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = OFFICER
PERSONALITY = SCRUPULOUS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = 250?

GREEN POWER BATTERY 3
Start the game with 3 green Battery Markers on this card. Add one to this Green Lantern’s Move, Range, Attack, and Defense numbers for each green Battery Marker on this card.

BOOK OF OA
When rolling for initiative, if all your Order Markers are placed on Green Lantern cards, add 2 to your roll for each green Battery Marker on this card.

PROTOCOL LANTERN
If an opponent would take temporary or permanent control of an Officer figure you control, or whenever an Officer you control is destroyed, you may remove a green Battery Marker from this card to move any or all green Battery Markers and unrevealed Order Markers from that Officer's card to the card of any other Officer you control.

SUPER STRENGTH
FLYING
Old June 24th, 2019, 11:40 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Nice symmetry with Lyssa Drak with the Book of Oa!
Old June 25th, 2019, 12:14 PM
Archie

Thinking more on Salaak, I'm not sure I like Protocol Lantern as-is. Lanterns aren't typically destroyed unexpectedly due to their power shield mechanic, so moving OMs won't be that useful. It is very handy to move unused battery markers (so you could be riskier with rolling defense, as the punishment for failure isn't as severe) but that's pretty off thematically.

What about helping the Lanterns move? Giving free movement to the rest of the GLs would help them share their power shields with each other & any constructs they've created, and it would help them get the most out of Green Construct Shields. And thematically, that seems far more accurate to what I know of Salaak; he's more of a behind-the-scenes leader/planner that directs officers where to go.

PROTOCOL LANTERN
After taking a turn with a Green Lantern you control, you may remove a green Battery Marker from this card to move up to 3 Green Lanterns who have not moved this player turn up to 5 spaces each.
Old June 25th, 2019, 12:22 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

The them of it is him making them recall their oaths and duties. Putting the hammer down so to speak. Extra movement, while nice, I do not like here nor feel it is thematic.
Old June 27th, 2019, 04:35 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

I'd bump the Alpha Lantern's base stats up, and their Marker power down to 1. Then they will have limited use of Special Powers, but still feel stronger base (as in always connected to Oa).

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old June 27th, 2019, 11:10 AM
Archie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
I'd bump the Alpha Lantern's base stats up, and their Marker power down to 1. Then they will have limited use of Special Powers, but still feel stronger base (as in always connected to Oa).
I like that idea. It's more of a question to use a special power or not when they only get one battery. It's far riskier to go for the offensive approach when you don't have one shield to fall back on.
Old June 28th, 2019, 12:32 AM
Archie

Bio:
Spoiler Alert!

Mini:
Spoiler Alert!

Background Pics:
Spoiler Alert!

NAME = YELLOW LANTERN
SECRET IDENTITY = JORDAN HAL (he’s only known as Bizarro Green Lantern, so this is a guess)

SPECIES = HTRAEIN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = INSURGENT
PERSONALITY = COWARDLY

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = 140

YELLOW POWER BATTERY 2
Start the game with 2 yellow Battery Markers on this card. Add one to this Yellow Lantern’s Move, Range, Attack, and Defense numbers for each yellow Battery Marker on this card.

YELLOW SHIELD OOPSIE
Anytime this Yellow Lantern is attacked by an opponent's figure and at least 1 skull is rolled, instead of rolling defense dice normally, you may remove one yellow Battery Marker from this card and roll the 20-sided die. On a roll of 1-16, ignore that attack. On a roll of 17 or higher, inflict an automatic wound on this Yellow Lantern then roll defense dice normally.

COWARDLY FLEEING 17
Before attacking with this Yellow Lantern, if he is not adjacent to any friendly figures and is engaged with at least one enemy figure, you must roll the 20-sided die and add one to the roll for each Wound Marker on this card. If you roll a 17 or higher you cannot attack and must move up to 4 spaces so that this Yellow Lantern ends his movement unengaged to any enemy figures, if possible.

FLYING SYMBOL
SUPER STRENGTH SYMBOL

----------------
If you couldn't tell, this is a complete joke character. He has a very brief cameo (1 panel) in the Sinestro Corps War which is pretty funny. I thought it'd be fun to come up with a bizarro version of the Hal Jordan design.

I also thought about having a "bizarro yellow power battery" where his markers subtract from his stats instead of add. There's lots of funny power possibilities with Bizarro characters.

Last edited by Arch-vile; December 8th, 2019 at 11:02 AM.
Old June 28th, 2019, 07:10 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Looks prime for next April.
Old June 28th, 2019, 01:14 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I've always wanted to do a Bizarro Hal because he bolsters our Bizarros and our Yellow Lanterns. So yeah, definitely interested in that one. I really like that implementation of Cowardly Fleeing, too.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy