Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old December 4th, 2018, 12:59 AM
Doesn't Drink the Kool-Aid (Eats the Catsup)

ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Out-there Heaven (Movie, TV, and Video Game Characters)

Then again, given how you've set up Shalashaska, it does make sense to keep it

(Though I'd consider renaming it to SIX SHOTS or MORE THAN ENOUGH TO KILL ANYTHING THAT MOVES, since that just sounds cooler to me)

What's up with claymation?
Old December 4th, 2018, 01:14 AM

ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby!

NAME = ALUCARD
SECRET IDENTITY = VLAD TEPES DRACULA

SPECIES = UNDEAD
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE (EVENT?) HERO
CLASS = HUNTER
PERSONALITY = INSANE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 7
RANGE = 6
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = ???

VAMPIRIC MONSTROSITY

When attacking an adjacent figure, Alucard rolls two additional attack dice. When Alucard destroys an adjacent figure, if it is not an Android, place it on this card.

VAMPIRIC FAMILIARS

Instead of taking a turn with Alucard, you may place a Unique Hero figure on this card on the battlefield. Take control of that figure. If control of that figure changes, or if Alucard is not on the battlefield, destroy it.

PURE MACEDONIAN SILVER PROCESSED MERCURY AMMUNITION
Non-adjacent Undead figures roll two less defence dice against Alucard's normal attack. Figures who received one or more wounds from a non-adjacent attack by Alucard this round may not remove wound markers from their card for the rest of the round. Once per turn, if Alucard attacked a non-adjacent figure with his normal attack, he may attack another non-adjacent figure.

MONSTROUS REGENERATION

If Alucard is destroyed, at the end of the round, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 19 or higher, remove all Wound Markers from this card and immediately place Alucard on any empty space on the battlefield.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING

Last edited by ALEXAN2507; December 4th, 2018 at 09:51 AM.
Old December 4th, 2018, 01:16 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm thinking about the boss fights in 1 and 3 where his weakness is his slow reload time. He comments abut how much he loves reloading, so I've always kind of viewed it as him choosing to take such a long reload. He also has a Colt Single Action Army, which is a revolver known for its slow reload time. Punisher or John Wick are working with different guns that have much faster reloads. The only other character I can think of who would have a similar gun is Jonah Hex.

I don't know, part of it is just I think he needs to be limited in some way. He seems to be capable of getting off 12 shots from two revolvers in the time it takes a normal soldier to get off 1, he's so accurate he can kill most soldiers in one hit, and he doesn't even need clear sight cause he can ricochet bullets off of walls and stuff. I just want him to be able to capture the six-gun aesthetic without being OP.

I do like MORE THAN ENOUGH TO KILL ANYTHING THAT MOVES, but I'm worried it's a bit long for a power name. Personally I prefer SINGLE ACTION ARMY over SIX BULLETS (He apparently says six bullets in MGS1, but twelve shots in MGS3), but that's a very minor detail.
Old December 4th, 2018, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
I'm thinking about the boss fights in 1 and 3 where his weakness is his slow reload time. He comments abut how much he loves reloading, so I've always kind of viewed it as him choosing to take such a long reload. He also has a Colt Single Action Army, which is a revolver known for its slow reload time. Punisher or John Wick are working with different guns that have much faster reloads. The only other character I can think of who would have a similar gun is Jonah Hex.

I don't know, part of it is just I think he needs to be limited in some way. He seems to be capable of getting off 12 shots from two revolvers in the time it takes a normal soldier to get off 1, he's so accurate he can kill most soldiers in one hit, and he doesn't even need clear sight cause he can ricochet bullets off of walls and stuff. I just want him to be able to capture the six-gun aesthetic without being OP.

I do like MORE THAN ENOUGH TO KILL ANYTHING THAT MOVES, but I'm worried it's a bit long for a power name. Personally I prefer SINGLE ACTION ARMY over SIX BULLETS (He apparently says six bullets in MGS1, but twelve shots in MGS3), but that's a very minor detail.
MORE THAN ENOUGH TO KILL ANYTHING ?

To be fair, I don't know how long we're allowed to go for- I've put PURE SILVER MACEDONIAN PROCESSED MERCURY AMMUNITION as a power name for Alucard (sure, I could just call it "The Jackal" after the gun instead but- the line is cool)

Old December 4th, 2018, 01:20 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Things I Would Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Spoiler Alert!

I've done like zero playtesting and just kind of priced what made sense to me.

~Dysole, with lots of ideas
My first thought is I wonder if something unique could be done with Elemental Defense to separate it a bit from Magical Defense.

I'm not up on the deep lore of Avatar, would it actually be possible and thematic to incorporate the Benders into the already existing magic system as a sort of offshoot? As in they can only cast Bending Spells and only those of their type? And then the Avatar would be able to cast all 4 types of Bending Spells.
Old December 4th, 2018, 01:23 AM
Just A Head

I really hope we get more Castlevania comics one day. There was one, but it was a tie-in to one of the worst games, and didn't feature any of the popular characters. I'd really want to see Simon and Alucard be playable one day. (Although I'm more familiar with game Alucard)
Old December 4th, 2018, 01:23 AM

Quote:
I really hope we get more Castlevania comics one day. There was one, but it was a tie-in to one of the worst games, and didn't feature any of the popular characters. I'd really want to see Simon and Alucard be playable one day. (Although I'm more familiar with game Alucard)

You know this isn't THAT Alucard, right?

Old December 4th, 2018, 01:25 AM
Just A Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEXAN2507 View Post
Quote:

No, I haven't watched the show The only thing that I can tell is that classic Alucard is Drac's son while this one appears to be Drac.
Old December 4th, 2018, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No, I haven't watched the show The only thing that I can tell is that classic Alucard is Drac's son while this one appears to be Drac.

This isn't Castlevania
This is an entirely different series called Hellsing- they just both happen to have characters named Alucard with Hellsing's literally being modern day Dracula and Castlevania's being Dracula's kid

Old December 4th, 2018, 01:27 AM
Just A Head

Quote:
This isn't Castlevania
This is an entirely different series called Hellsing- they just both happen to have characters named Alucard with Hellsing's literally being modern day Dracula and Castlevania's being Dracula's kid
AH okay, mea culpa.
Old December 4th, 2018, 01:32 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
FYI

I'm very hesitant about making something like Alucard, Saitama, or Goku just because they have so many "I win" abilities. But that's all I have on that front really.

Bending "could" work within the spell system, but it's a bit more intrinsic than spells feel to be. The reason I chose elemental defense was it did the same thing of "covering a very diverse power set into a small power".

~Dysole, who's only really watched DBZ and Hellsing Abridged and not the originals
Old December 4th, 2018, 01:32 AM

Jack o' Blades knows what's in an order marker Jack o' Blades knows what's in an order marker

But this...does a put a smile on my face.

This thread is a ton of fun so far. C3G has been my preferred way to play 'scape for many years now, and ever since the release of the DC set I've been able to live out those awesome cross-over fights. Then I started thinking about Marvel vs Capcom, or Mortal Kombat vs DC, and how cool it would be to be able to play those fights out within HeroScape. Eventually we got some Street Fighter representation added into the mix, and seeing Ryu duke it out with other characters like Batman or TMNT is super tight. I see we recently got the horror icons, so I imagine the other half of the MK roster is coming soon too

Anyway, with all of these various universes/franchises/characters coming into the game these days, I've started thinking about adding a lot of characters like the ones that have been presented in this thread to the game. Ultimately, the goal I had in mind was to sort of create a "Super Smash Bros" within HeroScape. Smash is a series where you get to see your favorite characters duke it out, and honestly I feel C3G is pretty gdang close to that in board game form. It would be awesome to see Goku be pitted against Superman like so many forum debates prior. Scorpion vs Ghost Rider in "Who wore it better? Flaming Skull Edition". Big Boss / Venom Snake locked in the ultimate CQC battle with Captain America himself, and so on.

I'll for sure be keeping an eye on this thread. If I can manage the time, I'll start to cook up some real drafts instead of the super light WIPs I've got scattered around and post 'em. Some characters I've got at least rough outlines or ideas for include:

Cloud (FF7)
Link (Legend of Zelda)
Zelda (Legend of Zelda)
Diablo (Diablo)
Barbarian (Diablo)
McCree (Overwatch)
Reaper (Overwatch)
Reinhardt (Overwatch)
Zenyatta (Overwatch)
Mercy (Overwatch)
Goku (Dragon Ball Z)
Vegeta (Dragon Ball Z)
Broly (Dragon Ball Z)
Kid Buu (Dragon Ball Z)
Android 21 (Dragon Ball Z)
Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid)
Big Boss "Venom Snake" (Metal Gear Solid)
Solid Snake (Metal Gear Solid)
Gray Fox (Metal Gear Solid)
Revolver Ocelot (Metal Gear Solid)

Keep it up fellas, I'll be around
Jack

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy