Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

View Poll Results: What Dalek Armor power do you like best? (See the OP)
Armor Option 1 0 0%
Armor Option 2 1 11.11%
Armor Option 3 0 0%
Armor Option 4 5 55.56%
Two Shield Defense 2 22.22%
Tough 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 26th, 2018, 08:41 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Dalektern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
I'm a tad surprised they were made uncommon heroes as opposed to squad figures given that when they show up it tends to be in swarms.

Personally, when I was designing a Dalek squad I gave them 1 attack and triple strike since they tended to miss a lot and one shot killed something when they hit. I also used a tough ability and then gave them 3 defense so they were basically attack 3 defense 8 squad figures without height and even beastlier on height. I also realized I never actually posted the designs and they're still sitting on my computer.

They're definitely powerful little death machines, but their universe has far fewer threats on the level of most comic book characters. I'm not quite sure I understand why Steadfast is on there. They are definitely vulnerable to the kind of trickery typically represented by order marker manipulation.

~Dysole, noting that the current write up is incredibly durable more so than she feels Daleks have shown themselves to be
You raise some really good points. On Dalek durability, they usually follow the same rule as Sentinels or ninjas. 1 Dalek is very hard to kill, but if there are 100 Daleks around they’re made out of cardboard. That makes it kind of tricky to represent how tough they’re supposed to be.

EDIT: How does everyone feel about squad vs un/common hero for the Daleks? I always imagined Daleks as heroes and Cybermen as a squad but I’m not sold on that.
Old August 26th, 2018, 08:54 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: C3G Doctor Who Workshop

I've seen Doctor Who fight both Daleks and Cybermen in the singular, so I prefer that remain an option.

If you want complete consistency on their defense, what about something like this?

ADVANCED ARMOR
When defending against an attack, this Dalek always adds three automatic shields to whatever is rolled.

Then give them a defense of 0.

Of course, that'd make it hard for you to show them vulnerable to special attacks. So maybe:

ADVANCED ARMOR
When defending against an attack, this Dalek always adds two automatic shields to whatever is rolled or three automatic shields if it is a normal attack.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 26th, 2018, 09:13 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

My preference is for them to be COMMON SQUAD & with 2 figures. As they were often portrayed as rolling around in pairs.

I think there are a few Daleks that can be portrayed as heroes. Like Supreme Councilor, Emporer, Dalek Sec (Traditional Dalek & maybe even Dalek/Human Hybrid) & of course Davros.

I also prefered them to have a class of Soldier. I think Drone in the name is enough.

I'm also against Steadfast.

I think it would be cool to give these guys multiple low attacks with their movement like Kumiko's Ninjutsu Barrage SA.
Old August 26th, 2018, 09:30 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I could be down with a 2 figure common squad. You make a good point that there will be some unique heroes too.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 26th, 2018, 09:36 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Salvador Dalek

Here, I'm on my computer so I'll try to answer Dysole a bit more thoroughly because she has some very valid points.
Quote:
I'm a tad surprised they were made uncommon heroes as opposed to squad figures given that when they show up it tends to be in swarms.
The swarms of Daleks is slightly more of a new series thing. Back in the old days, stories would have maybe 4 or 5 Daleks because they could only afford that many costumes, and any stories that involved more Daleks would usually be done with small models that ironically might've been in scale with Heroscape.

I'm getting off track. I guess what I was trying to say is Daleks as a small (2 or 3 figure) squad at a fairly high cost could totally work and wouldn't even require that many changes.
Quote:
Personally, when I was designing a Dalek squad I gave them 1 attack and triple strike since they tended to miss a lot and one shot killed something when they hit. I also used a tough ability and then gave them 3 defense so they were basically attack 3 defense 8 squad figures without height and even beastlier on height. I also realized I never actually posted the designs and they're still sitting on my computer.
They tend to miss a lot when shooting at the main characters, but have deadly accuracy when shooting at soldiers and rabble like that. HoSS really has this idea down with their Stormtrooper design.

Also, I;d love tosee your Doctor Who designs.
Quote:
They're definitely powerful little death machines, but their universe has far fewer threats on the level of most comic book characters.
I did a very rough estimate for a single Dalek at 200 by going through the books and asking myself if each character could beat a Dalek.
Quote:
I'm not quite sure I understand why Steadfast is on there. They are definitely vulnerable to the kind of trickery typically represented by order marker manipulation.
Daleks are very very persistent and single-minded, but yeah there's a lot of stuff it wouldn't make sense for them to be able to avoid.

~MrNobody, stealing the bit
Old August 26th, 2018, 09:37 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Great Minds

I think A3n and I are on the same page here. After I finish dinner, I'll post some of the Doctor who ideas I had percolating for future cards

~Dysole, noting that her weeping angel design is part of her customs thread
Old August 26th, 2018, 09:39 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I've seen Doctor Who fight both Daleks and Cybermen in the singular, so I prefer that remain an option.

If you want complete consistency on their defense, what about something like this?

ADVANCED ARMOR
When defending against an attack, this Dalek always adds three automatic shields to whatever is rolled.

Then give them a defense of 0.

Of course, that'd make it hard for you to show them vulnerable to special attacks. So maybe:

ADVANCED ARMOR
When defending against an attack, this Dalek always adds two automatic shields to whatever is rolled or three automatic shields if it is a normal attack.
I didn't really intend for total consistency, but honestly this could work too. Is the more generic name so the power can be reused?
Old August 26th, 2018, 09:42 PM

Yeah, that was part of it. Also, I was a bit busy while posting and didn't want to look a page back. It's probably not something we'd want to reuse that terribly much, though, so probably OK to go with your original name.

Old August 26th, 2018, 09:48 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
My preference is for them to be COMMON SQUAD & with 2 figures. As they were often portrayed as rolling around in pairs.
I think that would feel pretty accurate to the show, so I'd have no problem with it.
Quote:
I think there are a few Daleks that can be portrayed as heroes. Like Supreme Councilor, Emporer, Dalek Sec (Traditional Dalek & maybe even Dalek/Human Hybrid) & of course Davros.
Special. Weapons. Dalek.

But really, I of course want every kind of Dalek represented, from Dizzy Daleks to Time Controllers, but that's why I have my own custom thread, so I can waste my time on stuff like that. I think to feel complete a C3G Dalek faction would have to have a leader Dalek (Probably a Black Dalek because that'd be the easiest to find/make a mini for) and Davros.
Quote:
I also prefered them to have a class of Soldier. I think Drone in the name is enough.
Soldier bonding would be interesting.
Quote:
I'm also against Steadfast.
Noted. I'm not too attached to it, so it can be axed if that's the consensus.
Quote:
I think it would be cool to give these guys multiple low attacks with their movement like Kumiko's Ninjutsu Barrage SA.
So they could roll forward and shoot? That'd be cool.

EDIT: I do have to ask, how many OM removal powers should the Daleks be affected by that Ozymandias or Dick Grayson Bats shouldn't be? They are stupider, sure, but they also are hard to reason with and have all sorts of fancy abilities to stop them from getting frozen, etc.
Old August 26th, 2018, 11:47 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
EDIT: I do have to ask, how many OM removal powers should the Daleks be affected by that Ozymandias or Dick Grayson Bats shouldn't be? They are stupider, sure, but they also are hard to reason with and have all sorts of fancy abilities to stop them from getting frozen, etc.
I get what you are getting at but for Ozymandias it was a power that went a long with the story telling that he was the smartest person alive. As for Dick, I don't even recall him being given that power & it was probably just a nice thing to add at the time. I don't think it's important to the theme of Daleks. Having said that I wouldn't be opposed to a power on Davros' card that while you control him no OM's can be removed from a Dalek's card.

BTW: If you haven't noticed in my signature I have some Dr Who customs also. Feel free to use (& abuse) any powers I have on them. I done a lot of the cards for the micro-verse figures. Although I did these a while ago & might've done them differently now.
Old August 27th, 2018, 12:03 AM
Just A Head

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
I get what you are getting at but for Ozymandias it was a power that went a long with the story telling that he was the smartest person alive. As for Dick, I don't even recall him being given that power & it was probably just a nice thing to add at the time. I don't think it's important to the theme of Daleks. Having said that I wouldn't be opposed to a power on Davros' card that while you control him no OM's can be removed from a Dalek's card.

BTW: If you haven't noticed in my signature I have some Dr Who customs also. Feel free to use (& abuse) any powers I have on them. I done a lot of the cards for the micro-verse figures. Although I did these a while ago & might've done them differently now.
Looking back, Dick has a power that says OMs cannot be moved to other army cards, not that they can’t be removed. You got me there.

I agree that it’s not essential to the theme of the Daleks and if it gets cut, it won’t be a big deal. I just wanted to understand why that was different.

Your Doctor Who customs were some of the first I ever saw, and I had to try really hard not to copy them when I was writing my own designs.

Last edited by MrNobody; August 27th, 2018 at 12:43 AM.
Old August 27th, 2018, 12:47 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Customary Reasons

Personally, I don't see why Daleks should have an immunity to OM removal powers. It's as simple as that.

Okay. These were clearly put on the back burner and lots of ideas were not really fleshed out but here we go. Bold is changes I'd make to the wording.

Spoiler Alert!

~Dysole, who actually has a whole other universe on her mind for the customs she was going to work on next, but she is VERY interested in Doctor Who customs for C3G

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy