Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old August 21st, 2019, 11:48 PM
See the Book of Sporx for updates.

Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: C3G Poker-Sized Card Project

Backchecking japes' corrections and catching other little things:

MS1: Hawkgirl: Poker: Stealth Flying - "she" not "he."

Still waiting for the call on Darkseid (Possessives), Joker (Fewer), and Vertigo (Fewer and possessives). Asked in the Books of...

MS2: We can delete the AnnihUlus card from the Drive. The AnnihIlus card is good to go!

MS2: Glyph of Shrinking Ray Gun: Tiny should be lowercase. Ronin clarified that in the discussion in the Book of...

Wave 1: All good!

Wave 2: All good!

Wave 3: All good!

Wave 4: Punisher needs "less" to "fewer" in Assault Rifle. Other cards are all good!

Wave 5: All good!

Re: PDF for printing. I think I found a solution on reddit that someone might be able to try:

https://www.reddit.com/r/mtgcube/com...ting_template/

It looks pretty easy, but I am not at a computer with Office.
Old August 22nd, 2019, 02:53 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Could the X-2 program be adapted to layout 8 rectangle cards per page, landscape?
Way out of my league there. If you want some code hacked up to run a Home Theater PC/Server combo...I'm your guy. Other than that

Yeah, I'm not a coder either so maybe it's harder then I think it would be, but the framework of what is needed is already created in the X-2. It just needs to grab 8 smaller cards and arrange them onto the page instead of 3 large cards. Might be worth asking him about it.
Old August 22nd, 2019, 12:16 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

@Sporx , that’s fine for what he’s doing but doesn’t work for what I’m suggesting. We want an automated system where the files are stored in a centralized location and anyone can browse to the webpage and choose which cards they want to print and it automatically formats each page.

I can create pages just fine but that means there won’t be any customization and everyone gets what I create.

I’ll likely just work a script to link a csv file to InDesign and automate some stuff but it just spits out a set PDF file.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old August 22nd, 2019, 01:48 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Without access to a mix and match system where people can pick and choose, I'd maybe consider putting each individual booster on it's own sheet for the bigger waves. I know I don't have a single figure for some boosters in a wave, then every figure for a different booster in the same wave. 4-6 figures + glyphs/markers per one sheet might still be economical to print even if you are not using the full sheet up. If there are two boosters in one release that are exactly 4 figures with no glyphs or markers, you could put them together when the booster themes are similar. The smaller releases and SSE's you could maybe group together a couple of them to fill out one sheet.

Then again, maybe just scrap the booster/wave/release convention all together and put together sheets of characters based on themes. Have one sheet of 8 Brotherhood of Mutants figures, one sheet of classic X-Men figures, one sheet of mutant criminals/mercs/terrorist, one sheet of all the Kree units, one sheet of all the Skrull units, etc. no matter when they were released. That actually sounds like the better course of action as most people will want to collect most of the units for a given faction they are familiar with, yet those units might have been slowly released over several years and mixed into boosters with not very closely related units.
Old August 22nd, 2019, 03:10 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I’ve tried doing different ideas like this for creating decks and the short story is...it’s a ton of work.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old August 22nd, 2019, 03:49 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
@Sporx , that’s fine for what he’s doing but doesn’t work for what I’m suggesting. We want an automated system where the files are stored in a centralized location and anyone can browse to the webpage and choose which cards they want to print and it automatically formats each page.

I can create pages just fine but that means there won’t be any customization and everyone gets what I create.

I’ll likely just work a script to link a csv file to InDesign and automate some stuff but it just spits out a set PDF file.
That works just fine for me, assuming we're getting the whole run at some point and in some form. I plan to get it all, so don't really care how it's organized, so long as I know it's complete.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 22nd, 2019, 03:52 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Agreed.
It does seem like we could get an X-2 thing going eventually, we just need to find someone with the skills.
Old August 22nd, 2019, 04:29 PM

Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

If you have each card as a separate image, it wouldn't be very difficult to set something up that works like X-2. (It would actually be a lot easier since the hex-card images have to be scaled just right to match the official cards and are also more complicated to arrange properly for printing.)

EDIT: I'd be happy to help out when the time comes.

Search for any Heroscape cards and create armies.
Create, save and search your own custom cards.
Check out HACCS (Heroscape Army Creator and Card Searcher)!
Old August 22nd, 2019, 04:38 PM
C3G Landlord

I could help outline groups of 8 cards (figures, glyphs, & DO's when needed) to print per sheet, if that would help make things easier for you. At 800 cards, that's 100 sheets so it will take a little while but I can chip away at it, starting with the easier factions to quantify and going from there. Might need some input on certain factions I'm not overly familiar with, but I figure the synergy achieve would be a good place to start looking for ways to group units together. For something like the Fan4, could include 3 of their classic foes (along with Silver Surfer) to round out the sheet.

Just need to know a few things. For those figures that use markers, would there be plenty of room around the 8 cards to place the markers or would markers need to occupy one of the 8 card spots? Would people prefer a DO like the Ice Block be included on the same sheet as the Frost Giant, or do you just want all the DO's on a separate sheet? Same question for glyphs, better to have the glyph card on the same sheet as the figure who uses it or better to have all glyphs on sheets by themselves? For Uncommon heroes, how many copies do you want on one sheet? We could play it by ear and just say min. 2 per uncommon hero, more if there is an open slot to fill on a faction/team sheet.
Old August 22nd, 2019, 04:40 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:

That works just fine for me, assuming we're getting the whole run at some point and in some form. I plan to get it all, so don't really care how it's organized, so long as I know it's complete.
Oh yeah, anyone not trying g to self print and just orders the cards will have no issues. YK is just inquiring about a self print option.

Old August 22nd, 2019, 04:43 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuke Boy View Post
If you have each card as a separate image, it wouldn't be very difficult to set something up that works like X-2. (It would actually be a lot easier since the hex-card images have to be scaled just right to match the official cards and are also more complicated to arrange properly for printing.)
That's exactly how I'm approaching this. I'm creating individual png images just like I do when creating the official C3G cards in the hope that it one day happens. If you have this type of skill, I'd love to work with you on setting it up at some point.

For now I'm focusing on just completing the cards.

Old August 22nd, 2019, 06:41 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Would people prefer a DO like the Ice Block be included on the same sheet as the Frost Giant, or do you just want all the DO's on a separate sheet? Same question for glyphs, better to have the glyph card on the same sheet as the figure who uses it or better to have all glyphs on sheets by themselves? For Uncommon heroes, how many copies do you want on one sheet? We could play it by ear and just say min. 2 per uncommon hero, more if there is an open slot to fill on a faction/team sheet.
Yes, yes, and good question on the Uncommons, because it sort of depends on the Uncommons. I almost want Uncommons to be on sheets that only have Uncommons on them so you can just print as many copies as you want of that one (I think I'd want somewhere between 3-7 depending on the unit).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy